News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 02:32AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 550
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 247
Total: 249

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theboss

There are no full-time jobs being offered and all flexible the only way to get full time is during the consultation of jobs you have applied for job or jobs offered to make up a maximum 35 25 hrs pending on number of leavers to store availability and applications my hours made up of 3 shifts to make 35 hours

JL

What do I use to calculate my redundancy, contracted pay or average of few payslips?

Tom Hardy

The weekly pay on your latest contract  :thumbup:

JL

Thanks Tom Hardy the basic pay on my wage slip is never the same to divide by 4 to get weekly.

I will ask for a copy of my contract so I can get more exact amount.  :thumbup:

notsofunny

Quote from: JL on 07-04-17, 12:37PM
What do I use to calculate my redundancy, contracted pay or average of few payslips?

I am sure it is your Contracted pay, This should not change on your pay slip each Month ,
The first thing on your pay slip is Basic pay,
Use the week in which you do not have any sick pay/holiday pay in it ,

Issey18

Has anyone on here been directly affected by the 'pilot' of removing PM's and compliance Managers? Apparently 2 groups are affected at the moment but the rest of us has been 'briefed' yesterday . Not really any info in the 'brief' so a bit lost as to whats happening. Are the two groups affected in consultation? Are there any timescales mentioned? Cant even find any info on what this 'pilot' actually consists of. Can anyone already affected shed any light on what happened in their brief/consultation? would appreciate any info

Yorkshire dave

In stores that are losing compliance managers who exactly is going to manage pi department

JL

In stores losing PM who is going to manage the redundancy?

countyman

Quote from: Tom Hardy on 23-02-17, 05:36PM
This letter probably about Right Hours Right Place with 30 days notice a change to contract/hours. Might only be in your Store but good luck it might not change you that much, at all or better for you.

The ones it mentions that will affect & they will be notified are probably ones that might have to switch to another department due to yours having too many hours & another having too few.

Fingers Crossed  :)

his scots tie

Quote from: JL on 07-04-17, 12:57PM
Thanks Tom Hardy the basic pay on my wage slip is never the same to divide by 4 to get weekly.

I will ask for a copy of my contract so I can get more exact amount.  :thumbup:
Your hourly rate x number of hours contracted per week , gives you a weekly figure.

compliancemgr

Quote from: Issey18 on 07-04-17, 03:46PM
Has anyone on here been directly affected by the 'pilot' of removing PM's and compliance Managers? Apparently 2 groups are affected at the moment but the rest of us has been 'briefed' yesterday . Not really any info in the 'brief' so a bit lost as to whats happening. Are the two groups affected in consultation? Are there any timescales mentioned? Cant even find any info on what this 'pilot' actually consists of. Can anyone already affected shed any light on what happened in their brief/consultation? would appreciate any info
Got the brief today, they are starting a pilot in these stores that runs in conjunction witht the new payroll system. Usually these pilots run for 6 months and make no mistake it will be rolled out, don't think there has been a pilot that hasn't (as long as it saves money). 6 months bring us up to October time, stuff like this usually happens at the start of a quarter and q4 starts at end of Nov so I guess that is when we will be put in consultation.

countyman

can someone help me please i have retired this year i received my last wage slip but did not get my bonus for 2012
am i still entitled to this payment

mrblobby

PMs and Compliance Managers to go. No surprise really, they've been reducing the compliance managers jobs slowly for the last 2 years with hours, scheduler, no more log books, everything going to the store manager and PMs We're just there to do the restructures.

The theory behind it is that PMs and Compliance just do the other managers jobs for them anyway by pushing them to do absence and audits etc so they shouldn't be needed if the managers did their jobs properly

JL

The restructure is still taking place is it not?

If PM goes now who is going to consult night staff when more night teams go?

yelsel

I'd imagine it would be night manager and store manager

yelsel

our night manager would have plenty of time to do it if you can prise him off his phone that is

picktocube

Quote from: countyman on 07-04-17, 05:30PM
can someone help me please i have retired this year i received my last wage slip but did not get my bonus for 2012

I think you will get it in a months time .  Some info here . 

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2017/02/27125545/Cash-Bonus-2012-Award-%E2%80%93-5-year-anniversary-QA%E2%80%99s.pdf

mrblobby

There will be no manager role to replace either position. The group team will have a new role who will be there for consultation and advise on policy for the instore managers and an General assistant admin role is to replace the compliance manager to do administration.  Group PMS have now been made to have 2 groups each also.

Shafted

Quote from: picktocube on 07-04-17, 05:44PM
Quote from: countyman on 07-04-17, 05:30PM

I think you will get it in a months time .  Some info here . 

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2017/02/27125545/Cash-Bonus-2012-Award-%E2%80%93-5-year-anniversary-QA%E2%80%99s.pdf
The payment is due May 5th into your bank.

Thevamps

Quote from: Yorkshire dave on 07-04-17, 04:45PM
In stores that are losing compliance managers who exactly is going to manage pi department
stock control /then electronic labelling in the near future ??

Mickymouse1962

Hope its instore security next please

Equalizer87

So with an end to compliance,  would that spell the of stock control teams??
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Wirey2020

Can anyone shed a little light on the compliance trial please...so part of compliance goes to stock control, what options are available to the stock control managers? No say/take on the extra workload? Consultation/redundancy???

SAMCRO

If the Compliance role was to go to the Stock Control manager that would be one hell of a job. Combined Fresh & Non-Food Stock Control with SRD AND Compliance?? That's a lot of responsibility. 

Equalizer87

I'm curious as to how the rumoured "simplificatiin" of Stock Control has gone, if it was actually happening.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk