News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 313
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themightyowl

So I'm currently waiting on fulfilment shift leader roll to start. Does anyone have any idea on what hours we are expected to do? Apparently a pack was meant to come down last night but I can't find anything ?

Stubbo

Go to our tesco, working at tesco, careers, role packs, large store then you can select fulfillment role pack.

Themightyowl

Does this show the hours that you will be required to work? Or give a rough idea?

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

For years on here people have complained there are too many chiefs and not enough workers so at least the company is addressing the issue.

Still don't see how stores will get numbers down to the new structure unless redundancy is offered - however I also see that if redundancy was on offer a lot of knowledge would leave the business and stores could well fall over.

kaled78

it seems that the team support are the ones getting screwed over in all of this,the managers whilst changing job title will still keep the same pay until they leave or retire

Eskimo 2

Tesco will reduce manager headcount by SYP.  You can tell when a structure change is due in our store, the store manager already has the managers involved in the structure change on SYP. It has happened for the last 3 years.

forrestgimp

Quote from: londoner83 on 06-03-21, 10:33AM
For years on here people have complained there are too many chiefs and not enough workers so at least the company is addressing the issue.

Still don't see how stores will get numbers down to the new structure unless redundancy is offered - however I also see that if redundancy was on offer a lot of knowledge would leave the business and stores could well fall over.

No they are not at least not if whats being said on here is right. Not a single manager will be lost until such time as they decide to leave for themselves. How is that dealing with the top heavy situation?

Morris999

It's not in the way people want especially on here, however what is has done is given clarity to managers on what the companies plans are for them over the next few years, instead of saying we will review it every year and then do it as a soft structure change
All you do is have to look at the stock managers situation and what happened in metros nearly 2 years ago.
Leaving people in permanent limbo isnt good for anyone.

Managers now know that their jobs are safe for the next few years, instead of constantly having the threat of a management restructure hanging over their heads where they could be made redundant.
Now don't get me wrong I know a lot on here would be glad if they were being made redundant as would a lot of managers too.
However that isn't going to happen.

Stubbo

Quote from: Themightyowl on 06-03-21, 07:53AM
Does this show the hours that you will be required to work? Or give a rough idea?
No it just shows your accountabilities.

Anyone no why the role packs have been removed, they are listed but when you click on them they say oops page has been removed

Stubbo

All of them for large stores, the link on our tesco was showing all the new packs for team manager, shift leaders and team supports but now gone

Stubbo

Still there, our tesco, working at tesco, opportunities to get on, careers, large store, role packs.

Paupers wage

Yet again no managers jobs have been lost in the making of soft management restructure, 2021, over managed as always Tesco's philosophy always the same, when the jobs of bakers, butchers are disposable yet the sacred cow remains year in year out, a job for life even when there's no meaningful managers job there, all of which will play a part in the next pay rise!

William91

Has anyone from Checkout Team Support had their 121 or meeting yet?

Rumblerumble

Yes
Had mine yesterday
I am been moved over into the new role

Quote from: William91 on 06-03-21, 06:07PM

blooblah12

To anyone saying the role packs have been taken down from OurTesco, the link is just broken. You can view it fine here on colleague help.

Stubbo

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 06-03-21, 06:24PM
Yes
Had mine yesterday
I am been moved over into the new role

Quote from: William91 on 06-03-21, 06:07PM
Did you get any other options?

forrestgimp

Quote from: Morris999 on 06-03-21, 02:35PM
It's not in the way people want especially on here, however what is has done is given clarity to managers on what the companies plans are for them over the next few years, instead of saying we will review it every year and then do it as a soft structure change
All you do is have to look at the stock managers situation and what happened in metros nearly 2 years ago.

Managers now know that their jobs are safe for the next few years, instead of constantly having the threat of a management restructure hanging over their heads where they could be made redundant.
Now don't get me wrong I know a lot on here would be glad if they were being made redundant as would a lot of managers too.

So all this rubbish about stores getting 4 managers a few shift leaders and 1 store manager was just that utter rubbish. They have been told dont worry about it carry on as normal....

The team support though thats a different matter, you lot can suck it up lose money and say thanks.

Stubbo

Are team support getting pay cut?

Decco1

So we're all in agreement that natural movement means managing people out of a job? Doesn't matter how well you do/don't do the job, as long as the face fits. Just so we're all on the same page.

Harry_houdini

Sadly this process doesn't follow the process of other announcements. It wasn't released to press early for a process to be challenged as much in the first week isn't normal. This was planned 12 months ago and only covid has delayed it so it's been well
Thought out, too thought out to not have a quick resolution. In my view the announcement this week was to simply break the news, to get people talking and understanding how their store structure would be. This allowed managers to talk about it and decide on options. Do I stay and take the s*** that comes with it or do I step down to a duty manager role with no "pink and fluffy" stuff and keep the same wage for two years or a nice pay off.  expect the formal consultations in coming weeks with heavily weighted compensation offers. Personally I'm happy to take a a £16k pay off and be a duty manager doing Monday to Friday 5am till 1am, re do my
Cv then when a job comes along in the next two years I'll be off. 

forrestgimp

Quote from: Stubbo on 06-03-21, 08:29PM
Are team support getting pay cut?

Team support wont exist and those doing the job will be put onto CA wage yet still expected to do the job.

Morris999

Quote from: forrestgimp on 06-03-21, 08:23PM
Quote from: Morris999 on 06-03-21, 02:35PM

So all this rubbish about stores getting 4 managers a few shift leaders and 1 store manager was just that utter rubbish. They have been told dont worry about it carry on as normal....

Depends how you want to look at it, stores will eventually end up with correct amount of managers, when that happens will depend on each store.
Some could be by the end of the year. Others could be 5 years down the line or longer.
What i do know is that if they offered all the surplus managers in my store redundancy then it would take just over 3 years before the shift leaders would be saving Tesco money, anything over that then it starts to cost Tesco money.
Now not one manager can afford to retire in at least the next 5 years or has any plans to leave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk