News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

VLH CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by lucgeo, 12-03-24, 02:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

May I take this opportunity to thank Little Nomad for carrying on this forum, for as long as he has, in the wake of the sudden sad loss of his mum & dad (Nomad).

This forum, set up by Nomad, has been a great source of help and information for the last 22 years, and has helped me enormously with support and information from everyone who contributed.

It is fully understandable that Little Nomad is now closing the site now it's due for renewal, as his interests and free time lie elsewhere.

I wish everyone the very best in your future careers with Tesco...to the late Nomad I say...thank you sir R.I.P.  :'(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

rupert7

thank you for keeping me informed on your web site, it will be a said day for us all, but i wish you all the best, and thank you once again. :thumbup:

Loki

Little Nomad, I fully understand your decision to close down VLH. As sad as it is for all of us on here, I wholeheartedly wish you well for the future and a heartfelt thanks for all your hard work over the years in running the site.

Your father helped countless people on here since he set up VLH and has set an example to us all in fighting against injustice and standing up for others who need help. A true inspiration to us all.

To everyone else on here, particularly those that I have had many an exchange with over the years, both as Loki and Magyar, I wish you all well. Who knows, maybe many of us have met in person without knowing it on here!

Peace and love to you all.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

1982dave

Such a shame this site is going found out a lot of info over the years on here and was given correct info when my dept managers said otherwise but have to do what's best thank you for all the help

grim up north

A shame this site is going, it's been a help. I'm going to take a screenshot of anything i think may be of help in the future

Fair play

Awe I wish you well little Nomad have found this site very helpful over the years for that I say Thank you xxx

fatlad

Yeah thanks so much Little Nomad for keeping the site going as long as you have & best wishes for the future. Your Dad created something that helped a lot of people over the years, including myself.

Minnie Mouse

Thank You Little Nomad for all your hard work keeping this site going for so long, your dad was a warrior and inspiration too so many people on here, best wishes for the future

chris9997

thankyou to you and your dad for years of keeping us informed and the countless people who have helped countless people.

surlaroute

Quote from: grim up north on 12-03-24, 06:18PMA shame this site is going, it's been a help. I'm going to take a screenshot of anything i think may be of help in the future
is there anyway we can preserve just a frozen snapshot of the whole site, even if it's no longer usable? cos really, there is a wealth of information on here that could prove useful in a number of ways to people fighting this company as it goes down the pan. It's a shame it doesn't ever seem to have been picked up by archive.org's wayback machine, though that's perhaps by design, for privacy etc, I understand. But it seems like such a loss to see all this effort go up in smoke.

Call me

Is there anyone else to take over this site such a shame it's going  (-*-)  (-*-)

fatlad

Quote from: Call me on 14-03-24, 08:16AMIs there anyone else to take over this site such a shame it's going  (-*-)  (-*-)
What about you?

Totot

Thank you Nomad (rip), little Nomad, and everyone who contributed all the knowledge and fun all these years, a very helpfull website for sure.

I guess the next forum for us will be reddit.

londoner83

Massive thanks to Little Nomad for continuing his dad's project for these past few months at what was no doubt a distressing time in his life.

VLH has earnt its place in the history books as a great workplace forum where many of us came for advice/help or even to vent. It will be greatly missed.

It's been a pleasure to talk with fellow workers over the years.

anais

Thank you for all the information and your hard work over the years . This site has been a god send . Will miss this site very much

Paupers wage

Thanks for all the informative posts and chat over the years VLH forum you WILL BE MISSED BY ALL

ClatterMan

A sad time for anyone who uses VLH,i always viewed the forum as a reliable source of tesco information.
Good luck to all Forum users and lead good lives.

universe

:'( sad to see this close down many thanks for the people who created it xx hope there is somewhere else we can use going forward?

uklions

Sad to see it closing down, been a great source of information! Thanks to admin for all their hard work over the years to. :(

dizzy_1

Sad to see VLH go but glad to have been a small part of it. The time, effort and money, put into this site , i'm sure has been appreciated by everyone that logged in, whether to post a comment or just to lurk about and find answers. Thank you.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

BarryZola

How much (ballpark) would it cost each year for someone to takeover the running of the site, assuming that the moderators would be willing to continue doing their good work?

grim up north

Little nomad said £600 + per year

BarryZola

Oh. If it was around £100 I probably would have taken it on, but £600 is a bit too much for me each year. Nevermind...

FarmerFred

Could probably be done cheaper, particularly if someone was to self host it, but it would require a fair bit of effort in migrating etc.

barafear

We could do a bit of crowdfunding, maybe target £1500 to cover two years, but other than the cost, what is the time required for administration and moderation?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk