News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:46PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 543
Total: 545

Nomad

Started by LittleNomad, 21-08-23, 05:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleNomad

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Nomad (Dad, Eddie) passed away on August 11th 2023, at the age of 76.

VLH had been his little project for many years (Since 2008).

In due course I will decide what to do with the site, for now I will stop accepting new donations.

Littlenomad
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen Hawking

johnven

Rip, very sad news.

chris9997

rip sad news

BritishRacingGreen

I'm so very sorry to read your post. Mu sincere condolences to you and your family.

The Guvnor

Little Nomad, I am so sad to hear this news. My sincere condolences to you and all of your family members at this time. Nomad and myself were very close in the early days of VLH
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

Minnie Mouse

So sorry to hear about your dad condolences to you and your family

Babybell

Condolences to all the family at this sad time.

lucgeo

Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family at your great loss.

I always found your dad to be very supportive of my posts.

End of an era  :'(  :'(

R.I.P. Eddie A.K.A. our very own "Nomad"
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

genome

Jacks

You are in my thoughts  :(

Rumblerumble

So sorry for your loss

gomezz

So sorry for loss.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

blackberry

Very sorry to hear this sad news my condolences to you and the rest of Eddies family and friends.

this site has been a vital source of knowledge, reassurance and camaraderie for many over the years, especially during the many instances of misinformation, deliberately vague announcements and even outright lies put out by the company.

We are all grateful for the hard work of your father to create this uniquely safe environment. People have felt able to discuss sometimes highly personal or controversial situations securely without fear of work related consequences - an opportunity not available anywhere else.

Thank you for posting at this sad time

whatajoke2019

Very sorry to hear of your loss - my thoughts are with you all at this time.

nicu

sad to here this
would you like to contact ian.quinn@thegrocer.co.uk am sure he wold be happy to run a tribute piece in The Grocer

Fair play

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news my condolences to you and the family xxx

gingerccc

So sorry for your loss, this site has been a very strong crutch for a lot of people for a lot of years and a lot of people will never forget the help he has allowed!

General Thorn

Quote from: blackberry on 22-08-23, 09:29AMthis site has been a vital source of knowledge, reassurance and camaraderie for many over the years, especially during the many instances of misinformation, deliberately vague announcements and even outright lies put out by the company.

We are all grateful for the hard work of your father to create this uniquely safe environment. People have felt able to discuss sometimes highly personal or controversial situations securely without fear of work related consequences - an opportunity not available anywhere else.
Couldn't agree more with these words.

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences to you and your family and thank you for taking the time to share this sad news with us. RIP Nomad  :(

grim up north

Very sad news. My condolences to you and your family

Mrs sparrow

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family, your dad's little project has helped many of us over the years.

barafear

Couldn't agree more with all the sentiments that have been written above. A great site always run in a fantastic way by Nomad (your Dad) - so sorry for your loss.

Loki

I am so so sorry for your loss. Eddie - a beautiful kind generous soul. Always been kind to me personally. It is through him and his dedication in helping others that enabled us all over many years to come together.
My heartfelt love to you and your family.

Eddie... thank you my friend. You will be missed by us all. ❤️
Magyar/Loki
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

achesandpains

So sorry for your loss also thank you to your dad for the great site over the years x

Justaporkpie

So very sorry for your loss.

NorthbyNorthwest

I am now an ex member of staff of the big T, but I do drop in occasionally to see what is going on. This site, and Nomads commitment to having an open forum that has been informative, funny and sometimes infuriating has been of great help to me.
I am sorry for your loss, your father has helped so many, and though the majority of us would never have met him, he will not be forgotten.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk