News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

14-05-24, 09:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,905
  • Latest: jc1988
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,531
  • Total Topics: 645
  • Online today: 795
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

Quote from: ImBackBaby on 13-05-24, 11:27AM
Quote from: StinkyPoo on 09-05-24, 01:24PMUnrelated to the thread but can't remember how to start a topic...
Are Tesco removing the Extra format?
Honestly, it would not surprise me. Most people cant even tell the difference between a Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra, they have cut that much of the customer offering, the Extra brand is no longer relevant. Most Extras that have a load of extra floor space and a dotcom are being converted into Urban Fulfilment centres or leased out to 3rd party companies.

All shops were I am, have had all the extra branding that was on the gable walls removed and the whole outside painted in a new grey colour scheme, seems to be the way they are going now. Only sign that remains, is the Extra sign on the roof of the shop. Even the Welcome to Tesco Extra -insert store name here - is just now Welcome to Tesco - insert store name here-
The extra by me has had it's extra sign removed and the staff have been told that it's just called Tesco.

FarmerFred

Quote from: 1982dave on 13-05-24, 05:32PMI bloddy doubt it I work in a extra we not long had fancy new led and neon lights saying Tesco extra massive signs at front and side of store
Given the Tesco mentality that probably means it's about to be downgraded....

grim up north

Quote from: FarmerFred on Today at 08:06AM
Quote from: 1982dave on 13-05-24, 05:32PMI bloddy doubt it I work in a extra we not long had fancy new led and neon lights saying Tesco extra massive signs at front and side of store
And less money for managers, as they're not managing an extra??

ImBackBaby

Quote from: grim up north on Today at 11:39AM
Quote from: FarmerFred on Today at 08:06AM
And less money for managers, as they're not managing an extra??
Stores are put into a category A to whatever... A being the highest and so on. The brand above the door means feck all.

King1999

May aswell brand it as s*** show really.

barafear

Slightly more back on topic of "pay review" - T&sco remind us how fairly they treat us all by only increasing the "base salary" of Ken by 3% next year - compared to our bumper 9.1% increase (which covered about 11 months of the year - but let's not pick bones eh!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51nn8rz057o

fatlad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk