Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 270
Total: 274

Tomorrows payday question - wheres the 10% bonus pay?

Started by person7, 07-01-21, 09:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic

person7

so tomorrow is payday (8th jan 2021)

were we not supposed to get 10% pay rises for the winter? when do we see this as looking at my pay its still £9.30 an hour theres no "bonus" or additional payments?

is this coming on the next payslip or have i been conned? anyone else having this issue or do i need to see the wage manager?

person7

Quote from: Cairney39 on 07-01-21, 09:19PM
Bonus paid in Feb pay.

thanks, I thought it was this month, no worries, at least i dont feel fobbed off now! my store/managers never tell us these! my colleague didnt even know about the 10% bonus until last week when i mentioned it along with the new inform v2 app that came out!

dotnochance

Isn’t tomorrow the last day of earning 10% bonus?

Cairney39

Worked hours between Dec 13th and Jan 9th, so Saturday this week is the last day

dotnochance

newguy20

Glad I'm not the only one, it would not have been difficult to include a line on the notice about the bonus etc to the effect of "Your bonus will come in your February pay" so people know. Probably actually be a nice surprise in what is a quiet month?

Redshoes

Quote from: person7 on 07-01-21, 09:25PM
Quote from: Cairney39 on 07-01-21, 09:19PM
Bonus paid in Feb pay.

thanks, I thought it was this month, no worries, at least i dont feel fobbed off now! my store/managers never tell us these! my colleague didnt even know about the 10% bonus until last week when i mentioned it along with the new inform v2 app that came out!

Infor available to all, it's all online now. Less paper but more info.

thor god of thunder

gets paid in feb, real question is....shouldnt we be getting it still since we are in some sort of lockdown now

gomezz

I have an alert set up on my back account to text me when a "high value" credit is made so that is how I know when I have been paid.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

beentheredoneit

Quote from: person7 on 07-01-21, 09:14PM
so tomorrow is payday (8th jan 2021)

were we not supposed to get 10% pay rises for the winter? when do we see this as looking at my pay its still £9.30 an hour theres no "bonus" or additional payments?

is this coming on the next payslip or have i been conned? anyone else having this issue or do i need to see the wage manager?

did your store not see the leaflets issued  to explain all this?
beentheredoneit

trotter

Quote from: thor god of thunder on 08-01-21, 11:07AM
gets paid in feb, real question is....shouldnt we be getting it still since we are in some sort of lockdown now

Is this a real question?

NightAndDay

They have no obligation to, whether they will or not will come down to 2 factors, and those are whether the competition are doing it and the PR angle.

If Sainsburys, Asda et al are, then Tesco not doing so will be seen as a worsening of staff benefits, making the competition more attractive from a remuneration and staff benefits PoV,  not only this but it would make them look terrible from a PR PoV, the market leader being the only one to not pay a bonus would be met with people shopping elsewhere as a statement of integrity.

fatboy

Morrisons are paying staff an extra 6% for 12 months in recognition of their efforts.

person7

I wish! not heard anything though, be nice if the bonus was during lockdown like it was last year. that or have it a permanent raise!

person7

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 08-01-21, 02:40PM
did your store not see the leaflets issued  to explain all this?

what leaflets? we didnt get any! nobody knew about it until we saw it on the media - half the staff still dont know about it until i tell them

lordadmiral

Quote from: fatboy on 08-01-21, 04:03PM
Morrisons are paying staff an extra 6% for 12 months in recognition of their efforts.
Whaaat?!. I feel like our pay at tesco on every level is getting more and more crappier despite company is most profitable.
Not mentioning fact that now we are in "savings mode". Temps gone, no OT and managers running around panickng and expecting extra work beacuse we have extra stock ready for panic buying again.

I hope company won't try to save more in relation to our 10% bonus next month.

genome

any idea about those who left and final pay was january?

lordadmiral

No bonus for those who left. Many lost their bonuses in the past when they left company before 'specific' dates.

person7

Quote from: lordadmiral on 08-01-21, 09:18PM
Quote from: fatboy on 08-01-21, 04:03PM
Whaaat?!. I feel like our pay at tesco on every level is getting more and more crappier despite company is most profitable.
Not mentioning fact that now we are in "savings mode". Temps gone, no OT and managers running around panickng and expecting extra work beacuse we have extra stock ready for panic buying again.

I hope company won't try to save more in relation to our 10% bonus next month.

tell me about it, tesco are already the lowest paying supermarket compared to others before any bonuses. Monday about 8:15pm we started to get a few more customers then normal, then as soon as i saw trolleys full of toilet roll (biggest packs you can get) we ALL looked at each other and said "anther lockdown... its starting again" 2 hours later at closing time a whole PALLET of toilet roll on the aisle was gone, colleagues from 8:30pm onwards running to the back to find the old "more more than 3 per item" signs again.

basically we all know boris announced lockdown in middle of our shift thanks to the people running in for toilet roll.. and some reason several bottles of washing up liquid too! many staff hid in the back until closed.. felt sorry for those stuck on checkouts.

dairyfresh

Quote from: genome on 09-01-21, 04:28PM
any idea about those who left and final pay was january?

Temporary colleagues get no bonus unless started before 1st september.

Cbatt566

Be interesting to see now Morrison’s have agreed with USDAW a minimum £10 hourly rate what Tesco will do this year?

alf

The NLW forecast is for £8.91 by next year, is realistically Tesco are under no real pressure to do anything to match Morrison’s.

I’m personally expecting the usual 2 year deal nonsense, so I’d expect to leave this year on roughly £9.60 up from £9.30.

fatboy

Morrisons agreed with usdaw for a minimum £10 p/h? Where did that info come from please & when would the £10 p/h come into effect? Might not be for a few years yet.

dairyfresh

April this year ballot vote to accept on 27th january

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk