Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

07-05-24, 07:49PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,480
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 376
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 156
Total: 158

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkih4586

Me and my partner both work nights between us the loss is just over 100 pound God knows where I'm meant to find that from we struggle to last the month now with the bills and food cost ..petrol etc we spent the day yesterday trying to cut our bills on compare sites but these next few months are going to be so hard it's unfair but thay want extra work from us as we so short staffed

Mark calloway

Try an energy company called bulb. I've more than halved my electric/gas bill.

Nikkih4586

Saved 30 a month moving my gas .electric which was Good I guess but thk you

T.C.1

The national pay forum and USDAW should hold there heads in shame with Nikkih post!! Her and her partner losing £100 not bearly making the month and colleagues in the same position for 5 months!!! It's a disgrace.

Nikkih4586

I just don't understand how we were never spoken to and still not, my partner is contracted to 5 days but works 6 I'm contracted to 4 have the grandchildren the others days, plus I've tried to do 5 nights it's much for me wouldn't mind but as we all know the more over time the more the tax man takes, someone else always has their hand on our money that we work hard for.

sfo

I had a meeting with my delivery manager over this and he was completely flustered. He said you  didn't get time and a half you got a Sunday premium. I pointed to the sentence in the pay "rise"booklet that said our rates were going from time and a half to time and a quarter . He said "Oh". He said that I was the only one affected by this pay cut in a CFC of 700 staff. I bet him £50 that I could find another three within half hour ( I had them lined up) - he declined. I told him that this pay cut is going on throughout the store and throughout the country. He said " no it isn't". He explained that I received a 5.25% rise in November but that had gone down to 0.54% in July but would go up to 3.3% over 2 years in November. I struggled to contain my temper at this smug P;;;;;ks attitude. Anyway he then told me that he was a businessman ( I thought - no your not you work for Tesco and have never made a business decision in your life) but I managed to stop myself from laughing.
If anyone follows my posts I decided to sign the contract today as it will only be force for two weeks until I officially drop the Sunday working. So who cares. I asked when I would receive my new contract to reflect my change in hours -   he said 4-6 weeks - so not as urgent as signing for a drop in wages then????
I would urge all colleagues to cancel USDAW membership - at least that saves you a tenner a month and if you can afford it opt out of Sunday working.
by the way  join the Leigh Day class action. They may or not win but at least you'll have a ticket

surlaroute

Quote from: hot_chick on 24-07-18, 06:47PM
Its shocking to me how may sunday staff don't even realise they are lossing pay between now and november!!

I'm still almost excited to see the chaos that ensues tomorrow night when the payslips go online (and Friday when those who have given up or never even got the online system to work look at their bank accounts)

laughinggravy

Dave Lewis needs a copy of nikkih post above in a frame on his desk so that he can read it every morning and come to realise the worry and misery his actions are causing.  I hope to god he reads this, or someone is able to point it out to him,and he has the decency to hang his head in shame. I have not been so angry for a long long time.

Mark calloway

Quote from: Nikkih4586 on 24-07-18, 07:13PM
Saved 30 a month moving my gas .electric which was Good I guess but thk you
you are welcome. With Scottish power I was paying £90 per month. I'm now paying £37 with bulb.

Pedroximenez

On payday will it be 3 weeks at the new rates or 4 ?

Hammer10

They don't care about us employees as long as they get there million pound pay day .This company has fallen to the lowest of the low since he took over no values ,management do not care .

Millie

Quote from: Pedroximenez on 25-07-18, 06:53AM
On payday will it be 3 weeks at the new rates or 4 ?
i think it will be 3 and 1 week at the old rate.

sammy

It's 4 week of new rate the pay rate changed on Sunday 1st July.

dotnochance

Quote from: sammy on 25-07-18, 09:20AM
It's 4 week of new rate the pay rate changed on Sunday 1st July.
Its 3 off new pay 1 off old! remember u don't get the week before payday sunday its carried over from last month

sammy

It's the week before for overtime so last month the cut off for overtime was the 21st. for your contracted shifts we are paid 1 pay infront so for the pay date 29th June we was paid till the 30th and the new rate of pay kicked in on Sunday 1st July. So it 4 weeks at time and a quarter sadly

forrestgimp

Got my reply below is a copy of it.   

QuoteFrom: Kiran Singh Sheri On Behalf Of Pauline Foulkes
Sent: 25 July 2018 13:12
To: Central Office Enquiries
Subject: RE: Sunday premium

Hi forrest,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To calculate whether staff will receive a transition payment, Tesco have analysed a year's worth of pay data for every member of staff from November 2016 to November 2017. This will then be compared with what their pay would be, working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay and the lower premium rates. If an individual is impacted financially under the new pay structure, they will receive a payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay. If people have worked Sunday as overtime between these dates, this would be included in their calculation also.

Not everyone who works a Sunday or bank holiday will automatically receive a payment – it is about whether, following all of the changes they are financially impacted.

The comparison is between pay before any of the three pay rises were made, and what it will be after all three pay increases and the changes to premiums.

The reason that the transition payment is based on the rate of pay from November 2018 is that it was agreed as part of one pay deal. It is important for members to take into account the whole of the pay deal, and not just the most recent change to premiums.

The pay deal includes three increases to basic hourly rates in November 2017, July 2018 and November 2018, taking the C grade hourly rate from £7.62 before November 2017 to £8.42 in November 2018. The deal also included 12 months advanced notice before a reduction in premium rates from time and a half to time and a quarter from July 2018.

The changes to the premiums will affect everyone differently, because everyone works different hours in Tesco. This does mean that the overall value of the pay increase will vary depending on the hours that members work. However, as a Union our members are overwhelmingly telling us that their basic hourly rate is the most important part of their pay, and this significant increase to the basic hourly rate will benefit the vast majority of Tesco staff.

I acknowledge that members pay may fluctuate at the different stages of the pay deal – increasing after the first stage, possibly decreasing during the second and then increasing again in the third and final stage. However, if you consider this over the course of the full year from November 2017 – November 2018, the fluctuations will balance out, and pay will remain the same or improve.

While I accept that the deal will affect everyone differently, everyone will benefit from the significantly higher hourly rate of pay going forward. This higher hourly rate will form the basis for future pay reviews. The higher hourly rate will also feed through to premium payments.

Kind Regards ]

Pauline Foulkes

National Officer

Usdaw

pauline.foulkes@usdaw.org.uk

0161 224 2804

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the person or organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system and notify me immediately. Do not open any attachment, copy, store or distribute the information or take any action in respect of it. Any views expressed in this message are the views of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Usdaw. When communicating with anyone within Usdaw by e-mail you consent to the monitoring and recording of that correspondence by Usdaw. Although Usdaw has taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, please take your own precautions as Usdaw accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by a virus.

I mean just wow, they seem to think throwing people under the bus because there are only a few of them that are going to suffer is acceptable, I don't think that is what being a union is about at all though. It seems to me that as long as pauline foulkes are the rest of the executives are coining it in they don't really give a chuff.

What they seem to have forgotten in all this is that all they had to do was reject any removal of premiums because we will be getting 9 quid an hour from the minimum wage anyway soon enough, so this is like giving away money for diddly squat.

Its obvious they could give a toss about the rank and file members of the union just so long as they keep paying their subs all is good.

Loki

The majority of that reply is copied and pasted from the original pay deal announcement and the communication provided to reps in June.

They remain accountable for this disgusting pay deal. Furthermore... where's the evidence of members overwhelmingly stating that the hourly rate is most important aspect of pay deals?

The fact is that any ( if at all) suggestions for pay items to be negotiated are put forward via store forums, they are filtered down to 3 at SD forum level. It's a f**king disgrace.

For pay to decrease in the middle of any pay deal is unacceptable. It's not a damn mortgage where you ask the bank to temporarily adjust payments to interest only.

Unacceptable!
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

sfo

Quote from: Loki on 25-07-18, 06:36PM
The majority of that reply is copied and pasted from the original pay deal announcement and the communication provided to reps in June.

They remain accountable for this disgusting pay deal. Furthermore... where's the evidence of members overwhelmingly stating that the hourly rate is most important aspect of pay deals?

The fact is that any ( if at all) suggestions for pay items to be negotiated are put forward via store forums, they are filtered down to 3 at SD forum level. It's a f**king disgrace.

For pay to decrease in the middle of any pay deal is unacceptable. It's not a damn mortgage where you ask the bank to temporarily adjust payments to interest only.

Unacceptable!
Absolutely - Tesco and USDAW are peddling the same line. It should have been explained before the first pay rise( or loan as it has turned out). I mentioned this to a journalist today and she said she would look into it. Let's face it Dave Lewis is the new Mike Ashley.

T.C.1

Reps say we are the union ie colleagues on the shop floor so from Friday we all should email Paulline Foulkes and say how much we are out of pocket for 5 months and then say so you went all through colleagues on time and half and come out with the comment we will all benefit !!! Hope her inbox will take over her whole screen!!

Preacherpauly

Its quite pathetic how we pay in to a union and we have no say whatsoever on what goes on. Not even a vote. Seriously, why do we continue with usdaw.

fatboy

We continue with usdaw because idiots keep paying their subs

sfo

Simple. Cancel your membership put the tenner against the first week pay cut

laughinggravy

I agree - it's the only way they'll take notice. I came out when I lost my double time. Hit them where they're hitting you, in the pocket.

tarzanboyo

So I was planning on leaving and went ahead and did it, slightly off topic post but don't want  to resurrect
another. Just  checking HMRC and see I have about £40-50 less...expected. And this is also expected....they didn't pay me my earned holidays and I'm out of the country for a few months now! Can someone advise me on options, I can probably get my mum to pop down and ask them if need be, I don't think talking by phone is even viable when your night staff

claden

So just checked my wages and I'm taking home £30 a month less then last month unbelievable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk