News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 09:48PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 300
Total: 302

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddows

Once you have your quote, from Tesco Travel, go in to Thomas Cook tell them the deal and they will beat it, it's worked for me for the last 5 years. >:(

woody505

Just had a letter in the post where having a double discount weekend 20% off instead of 10% from 28th to the 30th. Mite go a bit mental and stock up on the offers on the long life items.

tasha66

Woody
I need to understand why you would want to spend your hard earned money with a company who has no respect for you whatsoever
A company who said u didnt work hard enough.and doesnt give u a share allocation this year..
A company who have said they want you to work longer for less.ie pension..

My money is spent with asda or aldi..i wont give my money bk to a company who has no respect for its employees..even with a 50% discount lol

Tegai

Then why do you still work here?

picktocube

Quote from: tasha66 on 26-09-12, 12:37PM

My money is spent with asda or aldi..i wont give my money bk to a company who has no respect for its employees..even with a 50% discount lol

And you think that these 2 companies have respect for THEIR employees,there is a very similar site to this one(not as good :) .  ) for Asda. Seems they treat their staff exactly the same as Tesco. We also have staff that used to work for Sainsbury,before coming to work at Tesco,who say that Sainsbury was a lot worse. If they are giving back something ,then I will take as much as I can from them.

tasha66

Because i want to be there when it all collapses...you should work for them volountary..pmsl

queuemaker

Slightly off topic...does anyone have the link to the unofficial asda staff forum ? Just interested in seeing their thoughts. Thanks

Tegai

Would love to see that slso

brucief

Irrespective of the non allocation of free shares this year, and the fact that the double discount weekend might be a response to the bad feeling it has caused, might we all be grateful for it nevertheless? I'm planning to do some xmas shopping this weekend and it will save me real money which I was going to spend anyway

keithwill73

double discount weekend is really the company saying ok we paid you now can we have some of it back PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tegai

There was a negative comment about the double discount in our store and the personnel manager heard it she said afterwards and I quote "I chased after them and explained to them how wrong they were and how positive this was" LMFAO

tasha66

Keithwill spot on..pmsl..company are in the s**t..and they want u to spend some money...NEVER

bushido

For gods sake, the company has given double discount, it didn't have to. Yes it wants you to spend money in its stores...... It's called being a business.

If you don't want the company to take money, you obviously don't want your employer to still be in business, so why don't you just leave, and then you won't have to ever worry again about what the great evil is doing
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

picktocube

Quote from: tasha66 on 27-09-12, 06:00PM
Keithwill spot on..pmsl..company are in the s**t..and they want u to spend some money...NEVER

Getting a few more staff to spend a little bit more over a weekend really is not going to make much  difference to Tesco,sales wise. It is a good will gesture,just take it as that. Yes we all want more,but realistically,we know that won't happen.

keithwill73

oh yes the great company who carnt even pay allied bakeries what they owe. Take it thats business as well. sorting  this company is easy but no one got the brains or balls to do it. Then it would not be in situation where it scraps shares and offers 20% for one weekend at payday. and expects staff to be happy. Morale is on the floor and short turn gimmicks will only make it worse

bushido

No doubt, but if you only want to moan and pooh pooh every idea, then like I say, maybe it's best you just sod off and get a job with a firm you would like to take money from and not feel hypocritical
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

picktocube

There is a good chance that the free shares will be back in future years ,possibly even next year. It is not as if we didn't get anything,we are getting a cash payment instead,so what have we lost? Some dividend payments,thats all. And if the company is in such a mess(as people are saying on here) then the share price will crash and you will actually be better off having a cash payment rather than shares.

Duracell

Don't take advantage of the 20% then stay at home.
In all probability they have probably noticed a decline in staff sales. It will be interesting to see if anymore occasions of the "Double Discount Weekend" happen, it has a ring to it, it would be a shame for them not to use it more than once.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

amex

I think it was a nice idea, just wish the communication of it was a bit better, most of the people I know didn't get their letter till today, and we didn't see a team 5 this week or last, bit late if you do your shopping earlier in the week.   :-(

The Mrs

The letter mentions "Building a Better Tesco plan".  What is in this plan, anyone know?

Judith Nelson wants to know what you think of the double discount offer. Has anyone emailed her?

And how can this discount apply until midnight on Sunday 30th?

picktocube

Why not ,express stores are open until then aren't they?

Duracell

Online orders paid for before midnight.   :d:
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Statue

Pickto, express stores with petrol stations are open until midnight unless otherwise stated, but most other express stores shut at either 11 or 10

The Mrs

Online orders paid for before midnight will not qualify. The double discount is applied on the delivery day.

And you're not going to benefit by very much if you try to do all your shopping at an Express store.

picktocube

No ,but it is easier than listing all stores closing times as all superstores and extras and expresses close at different times

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk