News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 07:06PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,433
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 779
Total: 780

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

I have just sold Conditional shares. The profit went straight into my bank account my wages are paid into within 5 days. The awarded value went to payroll for next tax and NI period.
I hope this helps.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

the-vortex

Quote from: magzy2998 on 30-05-12, 01:09AMThe government have a cycle2work scheme on offer through employers. Currently Tesco have not signed up yet, would be a great benefit to staff plus save staff traveling costs in these tough times! Any thoughts?

Bit of a delayed response to this but I'm just reading a Store Forum agenda item that asks what new benefits the staff might be interested in and one option is ... the Introduction of a Cycle to Work scheme.  If you are keen then get on to your Forum rep and push.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

Klug

Hi, trying to access the benefits website.  It just comes up with the Academy logos and won't accept the
sign on/passwords of 'Tesco' and 'my benefits'
Any ideas please
Thanks

DairyLee

try tesco and mybenefits

bexie

I have a question regarding the use of the Tesco staff privilege card.

I work for Tesco and I allowed a transaction to be processed where a lady used a privilege card. I didn't question this as it is never normally policy/procedure to ask for another staff member's ID when using their card. I'm aware that only the card holder is permitted to use the card or someone else at their registered address.

Since this transaction took place, it has come to light that the lady was using a card which actually belonged to her daughter (i.e. misuse of the card). I haven't been approached about the transaction yet but I overheard some managers discussing it and I'm worried that they will try to press disciplinary because I allowed the transaction..... I'm not even sure if the lady mentioned that it wasn't her card... I can't remember in that much detail but I'm sure if she had that I wouldn't have allowed the transaction to take place.

I have no record of any disciplinary action on my staff file.

I'm just worried and looking for some advice.

POA Billy

Until they produce a photo-card version of the card the need for further proof should only be asked for when the card is obviously being misused. The cards should also have a bar-code on them to speed up the ever annoying times when the magnetic strip goes on strike.

adspackman

I wouldn't worry too much as it would be quite unreasonable in your situation for you to have known that the card didn't belong to the customer. Unless there's something obvious like a woman trying to use a card in a man's name for instance, you really have no way of knowing unless you ask for some sort of supporting ID every time a discount card is used. Although I have been asked once or twice over the years I've never seen nor heard of this being policy and have certainly never been trained as such.

If you are pulled up about it simply ask how you're supposed to know if the card should be being used by that person and if they say to ask for ID to match to the name on the card get them to show you where you have been trained to do this/where it's written as policy.

jackandlukesmum

Hello, first post here, so please be kind!

Last year, went down to Flambards in Cornwall - advertised as £10 on staff benefits website, but was £11 when I got there (bit annoying but hey ho).  Went to do the same again this week and they have stopped doing it!  Are Tesco allowed to just withdraw offers without explanation?

Thank you in advance x

Loki

Well, they took away the free shares...

woody505

Quote from: POA Billy on 11-08-12, 04:00PM
The cards should also have a bar-code on them to speed up the ever annoying times when the magnetic strip goes on strike.
can't see that happening imagine the abuse people scanning the barcode onto paper dristrubiting to freinds/family quick scan on self scan itll be 10% . Thought i like the idea of something else for when the magnetic strip goes

tumshie

jackandlukesmum - i think the small print does say they can withdraw offers anytime they want.

eric79

There is something for when the magnetic strip doesn't work, manually key in the card number. Its a ball ache but does the job.

Think they should allow a second card for a partner or family member (providing they live at the same address as the staff member). If a company like Wilkos can make it work successfully I don't really see why Tesco can't do. Its not always possible or convenient or possible for me to be shopping with my girlfriend so why shouldn't she be able to use my staff discount through a second card?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

mia88

Are you allowed to use the discount card if someone else in your household is paying for the goods? Like you are there with them and give the cashier the card but someone else pays

bellyfull

mea88, my card is also a pain when using the in store café, they  can't scan my card as theirs only reads a barcode.
Loki, stop fretting about the free shares, why not buy shares with the Free cash instead.

Loki

Fret? Moi?  ;D

If they give me the free cash that has been locked away now, then I probably will.  ;)

Duracell

Pmsl

FREE!!! I view it more like compensation, be it in cash or shares

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Storck

Quote from: bellyfull on 19-08-12, 07:01AM
mea88, my card is also a pain when using the in store café, they  can't scan my card as theirs only reads a barcode.
Loki, stop fretting about the free shares, why not buy shares with the Free cash instead.

Didn't think you got discount in store cafe unless it was Tesco run, and if so the till should be a tesco till.

mia88

Please can someone answer my question? Are you allowed to use your privilege card if someone else in your household pays for the transaction?

adspackman

As far as I am aware this isn't a problem as long as you, as the cardholder, are present. Certainly I've done it before a number of times without any problem and nobody has ever specifically said that it's not allowed to me.

The Mrs

According to the Tesco Privilege Card Rules on the benefits website:

"The goods purchased using the Privilegecard must be for personal use of the employee, their partner/spouse, or any other family member living permanently with the employee at the employee's address as held on Company records".

It doesn't say anything about who is actually paying. So I would think that as long as you are present and the person paying is a permanent member of your household there should be no problem.

HeadOfficeElf

Quote from: mia88 on 22-08-12, 04:01PM
Please can someone answer my question? Are you allowed to use your privilege card if someone else in your household pays for the transaction?
Yes, you are.

The rules are designed to stop abuse. For example some unscrupulous staff may be tempted to sell a discount card on.

Everyone has a limit to the amount of discount you are able to receive for the same reason. I think it is a spend of £7500 or £750 discount.

I don't see any problem using the allowance up to help family and friends, especially on big ticket items.

You get the discount because you've earnt it. Use it.  :)

The Mrs

Quote from: HeadOfficeElf on 23-08-12, 09:35PM
I don't see any problem using the allowance up to help family and friends, especially on big ticket items.

You may not see a problem - until you are dismissed for gross misconduct.  It is against the rules to use your card to help friends.

I suggest you go read the Privilegecard Rules for yourself.

HeadOfficeElf

You are right MRS and I know the policy and rules. I was expressing my opinion as I know the rules are there to stop systematic abuse.

Loki

... of which you imply to encourage.

magzy2998

Quote from: the-vortex on 30-07-12, 06:45AM
Quote from: magzy2998 on 30-05-12, 01:09AMThe government have a cycle2work scheme on offer through employers. Currently Tesco have not signed up yet, would be a great benefit to staff plus save staff traveling costs in these tough times! Any thoughts?

Bit of a delayed response to this but I'm just reading a Store Forum agenda item that asks what new benefits the staff might be interested in and one option is ... the Introduction of a Cycle to Work scheme.  If you are keen then get on to your Forum rep and push.

This was raised to forum and to a cycling mad director but not taken up so far :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk