News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 09:11PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 542
Total: 549

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glscotslad

Lol! Now there's an idea...

Storck

Do we get staff discount on the Tesco tyres site?

I know you get clubcard points but not sure about discount.

glscotslad

Hi there

You do - 5% off.

You need to call them up and order them though, using the number of the Tesco Tyres site, tell them you're a member of staff, they'll ask you for your employee number.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Nomad

QuoteFor more information, or to book replacement tyres at great rates, visit www.etyres.co.uk/tesco5533. Or call them on 0800 028 9000, quoting reference 'Tesco 5533'
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

glscotslad

Good call Nomad, i'd suggest you check both sites, whichever is the cheapest, go with that one!

jon

Dya think we could get any discount here http://www.tescocars.com/ ?? Or perhaps points  ??? To good to be true I think lol

Storck

You get 2000 points for buying a car from the site.

glscotslad

Staff are going to get something extra... watch this space ;)

Nomad

Quote from: glscotslad on 03-04-11, 11:49AM
watch this space ;)

Oh good, their going to announce it on VLH  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

jon

Something extra????? Sounds a bit cryptic lol

glscotslad

There should be something about it in The One this Friday and on the Benefits site.

valadstand

Can't recommend e-tyres , have just phoned with my tyre size and was quoted £15 more/tyre than kwik fit , despite staff discount

Seanmclude

So do we get discount on the cars or not aha?

redragon

Quote from: valadstand on 04-04-11, 12:34PM
Can't recommend e-tyres , have just phoned with my tyre size and was quoted £15 more/tyre than kwik fit , despite staff discount

I have used then before as they were the cheapest quoted in my area, very good service.  Would use them again if the price was right.

glscotslad

Have you tried Tesco Tyres? We get 5% discount off the prices, but you need to go online and check the price and then phone them up  ;)

one cell

Just obtained a quote to insure my car.......... ;D ;D ;D
Almost twice as much as my renewal, the only people to benefit........Tesco of course.

glscotslad

Hi there, did you take into account the fact that insurance premiums have gone up by around 30% for all insurers over the last 12 months, due to people making false claims for whiplash etc?

One other thing to check is that they've applied your staff discount and finally... cancel the policy and then go online and take a new one, all insurance companies give discounts in the first year, meaning you'll get the best price if you do this!

Hope that helps?

one cell

Sorry, should have made myself a lot clearer. I am not insured with Tesco, i am insured with a leading insurance company and just have had my renewal invitation from them. I thought that i would give Tesco a shot, horrified when the price came through. If that's a staff benefit, well.

glscotslad

Ahh cool,  a few questions though...

1. Did you get a price through an aggregator?

2. Did you phone up?

I'd be interested to know :)

one cell

1. Aggregator???.....please excuse ones ignorance.
2. Never telephoned, quote received direct from benefits website.

[mod]Its a posh term for the meerkat or opera singer web sites or any insurance broker who can compare different policies to find the best or cheapest[/mod]

adspackman

It seems to me that if you have to phone up to get the absolute best price then the benefits website and quote system on there isn't doing a very good job. Surely you should be able to get the best price by using that rather than having to phone?

one cell

1. No i did not use an aggregator.....the price that is generally quoted does not always turn out what one ends up paying.
2. Why should i telephone? Surely by having a website, it cuts out the need for telephone communication.
50% of those reputable insurance companies that i contacted were at least £300 cheaper than Tesco.
Say no more.

The Mrs

If you double up vouchers in store you still get your full discount i.e.

Total cost £50, less £5 discount = £45
£20 vouchers doubled to £40 leaving £5 to pay.

If you double up vouchers on the Tesco Clothing website they calculate differently, you don't get your full discount i.e.

Total cost £50 - £20 vouchers doubled to £40 =£10
Less £1 discount leaving £9 to pay.

Why?

Nomad

The former looks the correct way to calculate.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

adspackman

The discount should always be taken from the transaction total before any vouchers are applied, which is why you have to have the discount card swiped at the till before any vouchers are scanned otherwise you don't get the discount. No idea why the clothing website does it differently, I wonder if it's a mistake or if they actually have some reason behind it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk