News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 12:00AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 303
Total: 305

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drone33

staff benefits don't make me laugh, 10% of shopping a few shares and some occasional c**p vouchers it reminds me of something i once read about how miners were once paid in company vouchers they could only spend in the company shop. Here,s an idea scrap the "benefits" pay a decent living wage 

redders

Totally agree drone 33 he's got know choice now the living wage is coming in.

Drone33

stockrotateman I think your mixing up the real living wage with the latest Tory jape of renaming the minimum wage as the living wage

part of the problem

I will be playing devils advocate here. When we applied for a job in Tesco we knew the pay when we joined.If you read any papers you would know the board are on crazy money and always have been. I think its right to expect a pay rise every year at or above inflation.

This is what I don't get - why do so many people not just want but are disgruntled that huge hikes in pay arent forthcoming .The pay were talking about that would put us far above any others in the retail sector from supermarkets right down to the min wage corner shop worker. I'm all for better benefits but don't we have to be a little realistic.

tescopleb

Apart from the fact that the gap between the top and the bottom is growing, the whole sector is underpaid. They CAN afford to pay us a living wage but choose not to on the basis of unskilled work. But why shouldn't we expect a FAIR days pay for a fair days work. Why should the state subsidise the wage bills of companies such as tosco?

redders

Drone 33 I know what the Tories are doing with the minimum wage but isn't that the idea at the end of five years it will match the living wage.

chris9997

Quote from: part of the problem on 15-09-15, 11:21PM
I will be playing devils advocate here. When we applied for a job in Tesco we knew the pay when we joined.If you read any papers you would know the board are on crazy money and always have been. I think its right to expect a pay rise every year at or above inflation.

This is what I don't get - why do so many people not just want but are disgruntled that huge hikes in pay arent forthcoming .The pay were talking about that would put us far above any others in the retail sector from supermarkets right down to the min wage corner shop worker. I'm all for better benefits but don't we have to be a little realistic.
hi i understand what you are saying but the retail industry is well underpaid for the work carried out it does not matter that we are above other retailers,in general the whole industry is underpaid compared with cleaners for example who qoute minimum of £10 per hour.
over the years pay has been increased but other benefits have stayed or been reduced to give an example the bonus of 3.5% was given because it was earn' t 3 years ago .

SensibleSid

Seriously?  You think all Cleaners are on £10 per hour?
That will come as news to all the cleaners I know.

What are your guys cleaning?

lordadmiral

Quote from: Drone33 on 15-09-15, 01:58PM
staff benefits don't make me laugh, 10% of shopping a few shares and some occasional c**p vouchers it reminds me of something i once read about how miners were once paid in company vouchers they could only spend in the company shop. Here,s an idea sc**p the "benefits" pay a decent living wage

Yes you right. If you look at all benefits Tesco is offering you and you compare it to real life situations you will see that it is all c**p.
Let me give you basic example. If you earn extra £50 more a month then that money can be invested. At the end of the year you will end up with £600 more plus interest,  it is more than one off £600 bonus.

Currently one of my saving accounts is giving me 2%(after tax) profit every 4 months so i would prefer much  higher salary than stupid bonuses once a year. Yes Tesco is offering shares which can give you some dividend plus you can gain if price did rise but for the last few years now shares price is lower and lower etc

part of the problem

chris9977 I'm assuming you mean self employed cleaner or private cleaning company rather than cleaner themselves. If that is the case this £10 includes travelling to and from your property and chemicals/cloths and equipment used. If you ask the cleaners who clean in store what they are on and you would see your way off the mark.

jojaca

I feel sorry for some of the single guys i work with, they take home pay is not much more than £900 a month on full time hours and they are paying £400+ rent plus other bills added to it. They are lucky to have £50 quid in the pocket for a month's work and that's one example why we don't get paid enough. In my world, you should have at least a minimum of £100 a week in your pocket after bills been paid.

part of the problem

Sweet misery so based on your calculations if he has £50 per month left hes £350 short of your £100 a week in your world.This means you think Tesco full time general assistants should be on £1250 take home. Thats approx  35% pay rise... I vote to put you on the pay rise panel  :D

Hammer10

Try paying a mortgage on the c**p pay

Theatre girl

I am single and I bring home £900 a month and have a mortgage and bills and I manage if you don't like what tesco pay don't work for them who pays cleaner £10 a hour not where I come from they dont

Mickymouse1962

our gardener gets £10 an hour

Loki

Quote from: Theatre girl on 16-09-15, 09:48PM
I am single and I bring home £900 a month and have a mortgage and bills and I manage if you don't like what tesco pay don't work for them who pays cleaner £10 a hour not where I come from they dont

Oh dear.

Yet another example of Tesco martyrdom straight from the Holy pages of Yammerism.

Perhaps you and the other members of the proselytizing movement ought to consider organising a pilgrimage to the Tesco Holy land in Welwyn Garden City where you can witness your most Holy prophet Davlewmmad ride on the backs of the rest of the donkeys straight to a majestic retail utopia.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Denzil

A few of us in our store have just qualified for the 25 years long service award.
We have all opted to take the money and organise our own meal rather than go on the company one.
We have heard from staff at another store that they have done this and have also been given a paid day off.
Our manager said this is not right and only those who choose to go on the company meal qualify for the day off.
Anyone know who's right?

optout

Loki

'proselytizing'

that's the first word i've had to google in a very long time. :question: :thumbup:

'
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

chris9997

in reply to my comment about cleaners on £10 per hour yes that is a private individual and around our area they will not clean for less than £10 per hour,and to comment on tesco cleaners yes they may be on less than £7.00 per hour but tesco pay the contractors (there employers) considerably more i expect.

helpme

My wife cleans holiday homes near us and she is paid £11.50 an hour! She does less hours but brings home more money than I do and I'm full time!

MonkeyPudding

Quote from: Backdoorbod on 30-10-14, 09:31PM
Does anyone have a list of, or a link to, the alcohol products that are currently not included in the Privilege Card discount. I read on "Our Tesco" a couple of weeks ago about a list of items, but cannot find it again! I bought two different bottles of rum today (same prices), one qualified for discount and the other one did not - obviously I would like to know which ddi and which didn't! TIA

Just queried my discount on a recent delivery and found that discount is not allowed on certain products.  Had a look on the Our Tesco site, and found  a list, but don't know how to send a link!  I have took a screenshot of it, but also don't know how to send a photo.  It's listed somewhere under benefits, and then rules of the Privelege card.

optout

MonkeyPudding

I think you can just copy the link address in the address bar, and then just paste that address into your post!
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Tenko

Was looking at the better half,s benefit book today and noticed the colleague room. We had never seen this before and attempted to login, it says your one time password can be found on wageslip, presumably in the box for the activation code for online wageslip. Do you have to get this OTP online at wageslip

bootsdaroff

Tenko had a wee look for you. The code was on my January wage slip dated 15/01/2016 week 44 in the box at bottom of wage slip. Hope this helps :thumbup:

bootsdaroff

Just a wee question. How would I go about merging my discount card and my better halves card? Noticed that there were separate club card vouchers. I thought they would automatically have been joined as one account when we got the extra card this year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk