News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:21PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutmonkey

So checkout team supports now being asked to support CSD and PFS as well? Are there any stores where that isn't already the case?? I certainly know in all the stores I have worked in it was pretty much a given that we were basically expected to do the jobs of all 3 of those departments managers  :D

Rumblerumble

Agreed
We do in our store

Quote from: checkoutmonkey on 03-03-21, 08:17PM
So checkout team supports now being asked to support CSD and PFS as well? Are there any stores where that isn't already the case?? I certainly know in all the stores I have worked in it was pretty much a given that we were basically expected to do the jobs of all 3 of those departments managers  :D

Penny

Are team support loosing their jobs or having to reapply for new role?

Practicaldog

Quote from: Penny on 03-03-21, 10:26PM

Not losing their jobs re-apply.
Role is changing and is more demanding.  Look up the earlier post for the new role pack which will guide you through the requirements.  As it's a change there is a buy out option will be explained in your 121

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: Johnzo88 on 11-02-21, 09:01AM
Guy who works checkouts/self scan from 10-7 on nights has been told his job is going soon. Will be offered hours on days, but wont be his 36.5hrs he does on nights. Told no redundancy or protected pay. Take what he is offered or leave. That sound about right?
This is total codswallop...has to be like for like..tell him to go and read employment law..if he is contracted to 36.5 hours and they are offering him less hours ..they have broken their side of the contract...redundancy is on the table...do not be  bullied by these arseholes..

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: Johnzo88 on 12-02-21, 12:31AM
Quote from: Welshie on 11-02-21, 12:09PM
Quote from: Johnzo88 on 11-02-21, 09:01AM
Guy who works checkouts/self scan from 10-7 on nights has been told his job is going soon. Will be offered hours on days, but wont be his 36.5hrs he does on nights. Told no redundancy or protected pay. Take what he is offered or leave. That sound about right?

I went through a similar thing just over 2yrs ago when they got rid of non-food nightshift.  I was f&f nightshift  , I got offered other hours on days which I refused then other hours on nights , I was told it was a different situation and although I fought them for over a year they refused to offer me redundancy.  They tried everything to get me to
take s &r nights , in the end I did move 54weeks after it first started but not to anywhere they originally wanted me to and I also grievanced 4 members of senior team including store manager to get the job I actually agreed to . So it's not always as simple as nights to days is a redundancy situation.  by the way the union were worse than useless.

The member ot staff, who has 20+ years service and was a rep for years says that the law/or rule changed not long ago, which means moving from nights to days is no longer a redundancy option. Uness it is a major business reconstruction, and tesco offer you hours elsewhere(days and or reduced hours) then they wont offer redundancy. He says he will try and get help elsewhere, as he said the union just agreed with what he was told by a manger. Surprise surprise.

The job role has to be like for like...and they cannot take hours off you .. it is breach of contract and your are entitled to redundancy..

keef1894

Quote from: Practicaldog on 03-03-21, 10:41PM
Quote from: Penny on 03-03-21, 10:26PM

Not losing their jobs re-apply.
Role is changing and is more demanding.  Look up the earlier post for the new role pack which will guide you through the requirements.  As it's a change there is a buy out option will be explained in your 121

Had my brief with another colleague and rep and was told we are having a name change and about added responsibilities but wasnt gd we have to reapply or anything else so where did you here this?

londoner83

The guy working nights but being offered days.

Unless you agree to it, this is a totally unreasonable change that you can not be forced to accept. Definitely a redundancy situation if the night role no longer exists.

Redshoes

There have to be space in the store hours for shift leaders. In certain parts of the country the turnover is much slower so the soft structure changes will take longer to land. It could even be years away. There are no redundancies on offer, only protected pay or lump sum compensation.
Moving from team support to shift lead will be a small or huge change depending on store. The team support premium pay was for fulfilling set tasks and most work at the required level but not all. The premium pay is not for being at the back of the checkouts and fetching replacement items and sending people on breaks. It is a much bigger role than this. If the team support were doing the full role the move to shift leader will require training but they will be fine. If at the other end of the scale the change would be huge.
In many stores it's a mute point though as there are not he hours within the structure. If the store has more managers than required in the new structure they won't get shift leaders.
There will be runners for checkouts. This will be to fetch items and send people on breaks etc but no tablet work. No booking overtime, no flexi sheets being filled out, no exceptions etc. When we move to Work & Pay the exceptions go to the manger on the tablet, not sure about flexi sheets. I am not in a trial store but assume flexi sheets are on the way out as it is a lot of work and all on paper and we are moving away from this.
The change run has become smaller. My guess is all self service tills will go card only in time. A fraction of the change is being added to the tills, may not even be needed daily. The close down is a simple procedure. The PFS colleagues do own tills as colleagues so could be the same for main bank.
Mangers become team managers and the head count (excluding dot.com) will be spread evenly between managers. No longer having one manager with 60 colleagues and another manager with 4. Managers will need to be skilled in more areas and work together. Tablet work being spread between managers by head count. Holidays being booked by head count. Managers accountable and fulfilling manager role but where top heavy with managers in stores they will also have to deliver the shift lead role.

Nomad

It does appear that a considerable number of people should be seeking advice from the like of ACAS, CAB or employment solicitors in matters related to redundancy and/or unfair dismissal.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

VladPutin

[admin]Last chance >:([/admin]

keef1894

Quote from: Redshoes on 04-03-21, 06:51AM
There have to be space in the store hours for shift leaders. In certain parts of the country the turnover is much slower so the soft structure changes will take longer to land. It could even be years away. There are no redundancies on offer, only protected pay or lump sum compensation.
Moving from team support to shift lead will be a small or huge change depending on store. The team support premium pay was for fulfilling set tasks and most work at the required level but not all. The premium pay is not for being at the back of the checkouts and fetching replacement items and sending people on breaks. It is a much bigger role than this. If the team support were doing the full role the move to shift leader will require training but they will be fine. If at the other end of the scale the change would be huge.
In many stores it's a mute point though as there are not he hours within the structure. If the store has more managers than required in the new structure they won't get shift leaders.
There will be runners for checkouts. This will be to fetch items and send people on breaks etc but no tablet work. No booking overtime, no flexi sheets being filled out, no exceptions etc. When we move to Work & Pay the exceptions go to the manger on the tablet, not sure about flexi sheets. I am not in a trial store but assume flexi sheets are on the way out as it is a lot of work and all on paper and we are moving away from this.
The change run has become smaller. My guess is all self service tills will go card only in time. A fraction of the change is being added to the tills, may not even be needed daily. The close down is a simple procedure. The PFS colleagues do own tills as colleagues so could be the same for main bank.
Mangers become team managers and the head count (excluding dot.com) will be spread evenly between managers. No longer having one manager with 60 colleagues and another manager with 4. Managers will need to be skilled in more areas and work together. Tablet work being spread between managers by head count. Holidays being booked by head count. Managers accountable and fulfilling manager role but where top heavy with managers in stores they will also have to deliver the shift lead role.

You say there will be runners for front end. Will this be offered in your 121 and any clue as to what hrly rate they would be on?

GeneralDogsbody

From what my people person told me, it would be a drop to GA wage with either a payout or a 13/18 month pay protection (Can't remember the exact number of months).

Stubbo

Are these runners in superstores or extras?

keef1894

I feel I could be forced to step up as I would be losing 175 a month if I dropped down to ga rate. Do you also mean the runner would just be a ga rate? Why would anyone want the stress of dealing with queues and sorting breaks without impacting service on a ga rate.

MotherHen

I work in an express store and we have had our budget totally butchered. We now have zero overtime. But staff are still expected to do everything by themselves.
Till users are expected to come off and work cages, bread, milk and clean. Even worse we just had new self serves fitted and they are card only. So the till user is rooted to the till.
This leads to nothing being done and customers complaining and walking out.

rogerthedodger

All the role packs for large stores have now disappeared from out Tesco......

Stubbo

They are still there....I've just looked.

Suppord

Whether they are there or not I don't think much can be done now.
Seems union and Tesco are finalised,
Although my team support job is going, too small for service leaders to come in and too many managers for a shift leader job to come up as of yet.
My store is well and truly sunk me down the plug hole.
Store manager says I HAVE to do off till activities with same shifts as I was on before otherwise there is no job there for me.

Anyone shed some light in all this being correct?

Stubbo

Will you be on the same pay for off till activity?

Suppord

Quote from: Justwaiting on 05-03-21, 06:18PM
Will you be on the same pay for off till activity?

Off till activity is now GA wage. No upskill pay

Stubbo

Are you getting protected pay or a balloon payment?

Suppord

I will be taking buy out. If shift leaders come in place and I change to shift leader protective pay is null and void. Many things shifting me to buy out

Stubbo

Just read about a driver team support. Been told the role has gone, how can they get away with this.....if your team support role has gone they have to offer redundancy. It's time people took legal advice.

Suppord

Quote from: Justwaiting on 05-03-21, 06:30PM
Just read about a driver team support. Been told the role has gone, how can they get away with this.....if your team support role has gone they have to offer redundancy. It's time people took legal advice.
They've given us a balloon payment and the same hours and job but with GA rates.

Could I request redundancy and a job as GA after that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk