News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 291
Total: 293

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

I'm exempt, would you refuse me service  Barry? Would you stop me buying food? Wow

BarryZola

Quote from: Mark calloway on 13-01-21, 12:43AM
I'm exempt, would you refuse me service  Barry? Would you stop me buying food? Wow

Yes, I would. You could wear a visor instead if a mask was not to your liking. If for some strange reason you couldn't wear a visor either then you've had months to sort out friends or family to collect essentials for you or swindle a delivery slot. Take some personal responsibility, we're in the middle of a health crisis. We're all having to make sacrifices, none of us are special.

Batmanjo

Quote from: Nomad on 02-01-21, 10:51AM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-responds-after-being-named-19542531

QuoteThe company said it had identified a technical issue in 2017 that meant some workers' pay "inadvertently" fell below the national minimum wage, adding that all those affected had been reimbursed.

Technical and/or inadvertently your still guilty.

This still is a problem and I believe the Union is looking into this matter, colleagues being asked to clock in before shift and then told they cannot leave checkouts before the end of their shift. This may only be a matter of 5 mins a day but if this was across the company it is a massive amount of money owed to staff and classed as an unlawful deduction of wages. They may have dodged the bullit back in 2017 but they have admitted they knew about this but as per still haven't corrected the problem.

Batmanjo

Quote from: BarryZola on 13-01-21, 10:25AM
I'm exempt, would you refuse me service  Barry? Would you stop me buying food? Wow,

Yes, I would. You could wear a visor instead if a mask was not to your liking. If for some strange reason you couldn't wear a visor either then you've had months to sort out friends or family to collect essentials for you or swindle a delivery slot. Take some personal responsibility, we're in the middle of a health crisis. We're all having to make sacrifices, none of us are special.

Totally agree and wonder why would such vulnerable people put themselves in a position where they would have a greater chance of illness or death ?? or put others in harms way including staff and other staff.

Nomad

No mask or shield = no entry, job done.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Totot

I wish it is that simple, should be if tesco want to do it that way.

Me personally will be happy enough to not serving people in the till without mask. Worse in express, they want us to bag it, most of the time their own bag that sometimes are so dirty, smelly, sometimes smell of urine or whatever nasty things they had, really dirty.In the first lockdown, I initiated not to bag shopping for customer, atleast if they dont use our new bag, but alas, only last for 3 weeks, no support whatsoever from people who dont have to do this.

And still have to move the basket by ourself, even the basket place only about 2 meter and less, depending on the till they served in my shop. Now more people shop in express, proper shopping cuz they dont wanna go to bigger shop and more crowded.

If tesco really encourage this, put a banner in the entrance, with or without exemption should wear mask or visor, I would be happy to enforce this.people should realized now, it is in critical time, selfishness just gonna make things even worse.

Mark calloway

Quote from: Nomad on 13-01-21, 11:13AM
wow. I'm exempt from face coverings.  You really dont want to go down the road of asking why.trust me

Mark calloway

Quote from: BarryZola on 13-01-21, 10:25AM
I'm exempt, would you refuse me service  Barry? Would you stop me buying food? Wow,the stasi would be proud

I bet you'd grass your neighbours up too for having a mate round for a brew.

dotnochance

Quote from: Mark calloway on 13-01-21, 02:16PM
wow. I'm exempt from face coverings.  You really dont want to go down the road of asking why.trust me
Why you exempt

Snowman

Morrisons to pay £10 per hour from April:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55644631

Nomad

Quote from: Mark calloway on 13-01-21, 02:16PM
wow. I'm exempt from face coverings.  You really don't want to go down the road of asking why.trust me
I am not attacking you.  in these dangerous times those who cannot wear a mask or a shield should, in my opinion, be shielding at home.  It's to protect you and others from danger, and for what it's worth I think anybody who has the problem (face covering) should be furloughed.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Welshie

@Mark Calloway - very few people are genuinely exempt  BUT the numbers of people customers and staff who are claiming to be exempt is ridiculous.  The problem with this not being challenged and not having to show proof is that the "fakers" are putting the genuinely exempt at risk and also making their life difficult.   I heard this morning that staff who say they're exempt will be referred to OH for confirmation but I'm dont know if that is true . I watched a member of staff get out of their taxi this morning with their mask on but by the time they started work they wore a sunflower lanyard and no mask . These people are the problem and why people doubt the genuinely exempt .

NightAndDay

The policy as far as I'm aware are that colleagues who can't wear a mask must wear a lanyard and must be visible to customers, refusal to do so is refusing a reasonal managerial request.

kaled78

we were told today in our store that OH will be getting involved for all staff claiming to be exempt,amazingly 90% of those who were wearing a lanyard are now wearing masks,2 cashiers even admitted to buying the lanyards on ebay as they did not want to muck up their make up

Mark calloway

Quote from: Welshie on 13-01-21, 05:03PM
@Mark Calloway - very few people are genuinely exempt  BUT the numbers of people customers and staff who are claiming to be exempt is ridiculous.  The problem with this not being challenged and not having to show proof is that the "fakers" are putting the genuinely exempt at risk and also making their life difficult.   I heard this morning that staff who say they're exempt will be referred to OH for confirmation but I'm dont know if that is true . I watched a member of staff get out of their taxi this morning with their mask on but by the time they started work they wore a sunflower lanyard and no mask . These people are the problem and why people doubt the genuinely exempt .
my health issues are on file so I shouldn't have too much of a problem, with regards to OH,what could they do? Never dealt with them before

Welshie

If genuine then support you so that managers can't challenge you on it .  For anyone who isn't and still refuse to wear a mask then I imagine it would go down the disciplinary route .
I think all supermarkets are very concerned that stricter measures will be brought in by  government and are trying to do all they can to avoid that .

Redshoes

Quote from: NightAndDay on 13-01-21, 05:42PM
The policy as far as I'm aware are that colleagues who can't wear a mask must wear a lanyard and must be visible to customers, refusal to do so is refusing a reasonal managerial request.

The policy on lanyards is that are handed out without question. We get a huge pack in, they all go but hardly ever see anyone wearing them.
Colleagues on self service and scan as you shop are now required to wear masks and visors.

Nomad

Masks AND visors, really.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

dfl

Quote from: NightAndDay on 13-01-21, 05:42PM

And yet i checked with our door collegue yesterday and they confirmed customers do not have to provide proof of exemption and has already had a few that were suspected of lying about it. No lanyard required
DFL

Rad

We are not asking customers to provide proof of exemption.  We also can't force colleagues to wear lanyards.
What we can do is ask them to wear a lanyard, badge surround or visor so that we can have some credibility when talking to customers.
If colleagues don't want to wear a visor or face covering we will assign them a role that is either in back areas or behind a screen. 
Thats my take on it.  I don't think Tesco is being unreasonable.

barafear

Our store requires cashiers working behind a screen to wear a mask for their whole shift.
Clearly, working on the till is slightly different to the shop floor in that it involves a lot more conversation with the customer.
If we just had to concentrate on "breathing" then it would be less of an issue.

My real point here is "behind a screen"

If we all have to wear face masks, why not get rid of the plastic screens? Or if the screens serve a purpose, why the need to enforce fask mask wearing behind the screen?

I don't want to get into a "debate" about how effective masks are - that would become a very long thread - but I am happy to follow govt guidance and also welcome the "strengthening" of the rules of "no mask, no entry" - however, we are still "toothless" if we cannot challenge a person who claims to be exempt. I was shopping in a store yesterday, and there's still just as many without masks as there were a week ago - admittedly, it is quite a small number - but clearly they "stand out like a sore thumb" given that 95% of customers are wearing them

I don't really have a particular beef with them either - I just feel that the publicity/communication over non-mask use is exaggerated.  I'm more interested in the "shop alone" policy and seeing whether that works- for the last few weeks, our store's customers do seem to be treating a trip to Tesco as an alternative for nursery - Boris called school pupils a vector for the disease - but clearly being in Tesco is not an issue - let's hope that policy if more strongly enforced - but again, is a security guard/door greeter going to stop a full family coming in (i.e. "mother, father, three children") - of course, we could say - just one adult - the other adult can wait outside/in the car etc. with the children?

Biscuit tin

I've got so used to wearing a mask now I might carry on after. It's been great not breathing in the filthy germs from customers and staff alike. And you can mumble away under your breath about the irritating ones and they're completely unaware.

Welshie

The wearing masks behind the screen and the wearing visors with masks at scan as you shop and self serve is to protect your eyes as these are areas that you would be in contact with customers for maybe a few mins and are talking with the customer  . 

Nomad

Tesco urges customers to check bank accounts after petrol station payment glitch

QuoteShoppers at one of the UK's supermarket giants are being urged to check their bank accounts following a 'glitch' with its petrol payments.

The Money Saving Expert website - founded by Martin Lewis - has issued a warning after revealing how some Tesco customers have been charged for petrol months after filling their cars up.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Redshoes

Old news, there has been a lot of communication about this. If customers have a Clubcard they are notified by email. The glitch is a delayed payment. It's not a ghost payment or anything like that, it is just delayed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk