Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 02:17PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Booking holidays online, has anyone manage it yet?

Started by redeo, 07-06-23, 11:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatlad

Yep me. The entitlement stays the same but remaining hol has changed the last few days from 25.5 to 20 now showing 31!!!

Elly1519

There is a problem with holiday entitlement at the minute. The system has gone haywire and some people in my store are showing triple their actual entitlement. Colleague Help says its a known issue which is being looked into.

Fuchsia Bloom

Mine has jumped from like 20 hours to over 100, now it says I'm over my entitlement by 50+ hours.

barafear

I'm not having much joy with this new system. I've only just returned from a 12 month lifestyle break - so back at the start of July - and I had a full year's entitlement to book. I did try to contact my manager in advance as I thought it might be a case of everything being booked before I had the chance - but there's been a change of manager and anytime I contacted (by phone or in person) the new manager was not in. Anyway - on my return I was told that all new holiday requests had to be done through the app - so I downloaded and got some brief instructions - I was disappointed that an "electronic" system doesn't allow you the option to know what days/weeks are available - that would save the hassle of putting in requests and being declined. But hey ho - I picked out a couple of days at random and put my request in - and within a day or so, I had a message saying my request had been approved - happy days - I was in work a couple of days later - and I was joking about with the manager - and I said something like - well that new holiday booking system is fairly straightforward isn't it? - and she replied - yes sorry I had to decline your holiday there's too many people off already!!
I said - no it was approved - and she said she clicked the approve button by mistake but within 30 secs realised her mistake and clicked decline. But I only ever got the approval message!! She did admit the system was all new to her!!

Anyway - I then had some guidance as to a few dates that might be available - so I plugged in some more requests last Friday - not heard anything by the time I went in on Saturday - manager wasn't in that day - but I was in again on Sunday - and saw her and mentioned that I had put in a few more requests (didn't really think I should be doing this - but I was being polite) - and she said - Oh I checked it yesterday and there were none - when did you request? To which, I replied Friday - and she said she'd check again - and here we are on Monday evening and still no response!!

I have got the correct allowance by the way -

Oh to clarify - does the hourly allowance that shows include the BH pro-rata allowance as well?

Elly1519

Barafear

Holidays and Bank Holidays are shown together in one total now. Personal Day is separate.   

sammy

Managers still have 7 days to answer you like before. And if they are not in work day on holiday or sick. This isn't counted towards the 7 days

oldfashionedplayer

as others have said, managers have 7 days from submission of the holiday form / submission of the dates through the app to notify you (you can check with the app by clicking on approved / declined / withdrawn) - they are timestamped apparently although it doesn't show this to colleagues, so that something to take up with colleague help etc... but personally I take a photo of it when sending them in / handing a paper form in.

(paper forms are still accepted, managers cannot refuse to accept paper forms no matter the reason, if there are no managers present a team support etc can take them to be passed on when said manager returns).

If you have 1 manager and they are out of the business, they should ideally allocate someone to take over, however it's not a requirement for them unless they are out of the business for 14 days or more in which case holiday forms can be waited upon if they are for example out of the business for 13 days and return on the 14th.

If you have two managers or more, and one of the managers is off, the other manager/s are required to still accept and deal with the holiday request forms. So if they say "Oh, X is out of the building, I'll take them but you'll have to wait until their back and they aint back for 7 days". then guess what? Good news for you - Automatically going to be approved due to them being negligible. Colleague help WILL back you up on this as it's happened a few  times in past for me.. (so definitely do it  >:D)

If your manager approved it, depending on how far away your holiday that got approved then declined, just take a photo of the approved bit and then dont turn up, if they challenge it just be like "oh, I just have it as this" - and play forgetful that you were told lol.

for your others though if it was last friday (14th?) then going by that  you've past the 7 day mark, 8 day to be safe side, so just note it down and inform them that they need to add on the system, if they challenge it just put in a complaint to be honest.

uklions

So the 7-day rule still applies? Was told as new system don't apply any more, been waiting 5 days to be told yes or no for holiday I have booked this year

Sherwoodforest

@oldfashionedplayer current holiday policy,don't state something unless you know.
4. How do I request holiday?
Your manager must respond to your request within seven days or you can assume that your request has been authorised (unless your manager is absent when you request then the 7 days will be counted from when they return).  Where a manager is expected to be out of the business for more than 2 weeks another manager (shift leader in convenience) should be delegated to respond to requests in their absence.

The holiday year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March and you can book holiday for the current and the next holiday year.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Sherwoodforest

So take the above as if your manager is on holiday or day off the 7 days counts from when they return in the business.  Holidays aren't rocket science, you've had from April 2022 to book this years holidays.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 25-07-23, 06:47AM@oldfashionedplayer current holiday policy,dont state something unless you know,4. How do I request holiday?
Your manager must respond to your request within seven days or you can assume that your request has been authorised (unless your manager is absent when you request then the 7 days will be counted from when they return). Where a manager is expected to be out of the business for more than 2 weeks another manager (shift leader in convenience) should be delegated to respond to requests in their absence.

The holiday year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March and you can book holiday for the current and the next holiday year
considering the amount of colleague help requests I have in regards to this and the policy team, as well as the itteration of "Should and must" etc from the recent changes, I definitely know the policy.

you've pretty much stated what I've said, if they are expected to be out of the business for more than 2 weeks they should delegate, however if its 13 days they aren't required to... exactly as I've said...

if you've only got one manager, You hand it for example today (25/07/23), they are then out of the business for 5 days, your holiday request start date of 7 days would count from (30/07/23), if however your manager is expected to be out of the business for 14 days or more, your holiday request would still start from (25/07/23), as its their job to assign someone to oversee the forms / requests.

If you've got 2 managers and you hand in a form (25/07/23) and one goes out of the business for 5 days who normally deals with it, the 7 days process STILL applies from 25/07/23), so if you don't receive a response by (2/8/23 for safety), then you automatically get it.

Colleague help does also say when you ask them though that if a manager isn't working when you request then the 7 days will be counted from when they return and then it will be delegated to a shift leader (convenience) or shift manager for store to respond to the request. (though the returning one usually sorts it anyhow lol)

grim up north

Don't they make a fairly simple process difficult

oldfashionedplayer

if it was simple we'd be at the wrong company !!!

jb39

Works loads better than the paper system, you input when you want time off and it gets approved or denied. No more taking a photo of the paper to send to a manager who rings you whilst on holiday and asks when you are back at work

oldfashionedplayer

They still ring 😂, just don't answer or put phone down 🤷�♂️

Biscuit tin

Always thought it was the most ridiculous system. Used to hand in form for the whole lot at the earliest opportunity on 1st April to save any hassle, then 18 months later everyones moaning because they need the same time off. Holiday book conveniently goes missing, comes back with crossings out, then phone calls on holiday asking where you are etc
And all because you stack shelves in a shop, it's laughable.

happyone

Very simple managed to book all mine in April.

Spinney

I will ask for an holiday! If it's refused and I need it I will take it! As sick!! Not interested in why I cannot I have it as I am entitled to my holidays, store manager don't like the way I come across but I said this is the new world get a grip! You cannot get staff, my holidays are done by talking to my manager then I ask for a print out as proof

JJH

Are you surprised that he doesn't like the way you come across?

kaled78

can we book holidays for the 2024-2025 tax year yet online?,if so hows it done,I can't seem to figure it out

oldfashionedplayer

you can book up until 31st march 2025, either by handing in a holiday form like used to do, or by the my tesco app.

my tesco app process:

login to my tesco app,

click work (shows work, then skills under it)

it'll show "my shifts, extra hours market, payslip, my requests, time away" and 4 icons at the bottom

You want to click Time Away section

from there it shows what you've already booked etc, how many hours you've got and tells you if you've booked your personal day

Click the big (+) in the bottom right

Click (+) Add Time Away

Select whether you want to book it as a holiday or personal day

On the Select When date, Click the start and it'll show a calendar

selec like February 4th (example) - and it'll say Start and End time

Change the Start and End Times, so if your a night worker it would be Start February 4th 10pm, Finish February 5th 7am

Add a note if you want to for reason

Click Next and then just submit. and sorted.

kaled78

Armin

Since the holiday booking system moved to hours I have a question...

As someone that has been with the company over 15 years, I would have received 30 days holiday on a full time 36.5hr a week contract, but seems it is less now. What would my holiday hour allowance be now each year?

And does the Bank Holiday booking work in a similar way? Is it 8 x 7.5hr (or perhaps 6.5hr as it is my short shift)

whatajoke2019

Your entitlement can be found on the My T3sco app - if you go onto work>time away it's at the top of the page underneath holiday summary.

Checking Coll. Help on a full time contract with 15 years service or more you seemingly get 277.5 hours/holiday year (7.6 weeks x contractual hours).

Those 277 hours are for holidays AND bank holidays but doesn't include your personal day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk