News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:02PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 301
Total: 305

Changing hours and heat map

Started by Mystic, 13-04-21, 09:08PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

So I currently work nights, and I have asked to have my hours changed by dropping 6 hours as I have to look after my kids during the day while my partner goes to work, I was told that my hours can't be changed due to the heat map and they have no control over the hours, but yet we are constantly being told we are over hours on our department, so his solution was for me to work a Friday and Saturday so I would be dropping half my hours, I mean there is enough cover with the people on the department to make up for the hours I cut, so I'm basically asking if this is right? Or they just doing what they want?

Redshoes

It all depends on where you want to cut your hours from. I may be wrong but it sounds like you may want shorter shifts and either come in later or leave earlier. If the heat map reflects that you are over hours at this time then that's fine and everybody wins.
My dept shows we are over hours between 1400 and 1600 but we are short between 1900 and 2200. If one of the people wanted to drop hours and they happen to finish at 2200 we would still be over hours but we would also be worse off.
The heat map is a guide. It's taken from the quietest week of the whole year. No dept should be bang on hours and all areas should be slightly over.

Mystic

Hi thanks for the reply, I understand what you mean about the heat map, am I allowed to ask to see it? And to be honest I can't see it being busy after the time I want to finish

Welshie

@mystic can only speak for our store but don't know anyone who is not contracted a full night shift . Anyone who drops hours it is a full night  obviously because you're not going to get someone to start at 4am to cover in busy periods .
You can ask to see heat map, some managers are prepared sit down with staff and work hours out but others treat heat map like its top secret .

doortodoornoobs

Hello i do not know how to make a new post as i just joined but can somebody help me regarding job code as i cant make a new post thank you.

[admin]Welcome. Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk