News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:35PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 272
Total: 276

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinderella

I didn't break any rules at all, I literally spent the entire ten days at home. I even ran out of groceries which was stressful and couldn't get anywhere to fit me into a delivery slot!

One of my colleagues returned from a track and trace ordered isolation period, only to be told to self isolate again within a week of returning. Tesco didn't pay for the second self isolation period

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Cinderella on 13-04-21, 09:22AM
Does anyone know what Tesco's policy is on self isolation and pay? In my store, they don't pay you unless you or someone you live with has Covid. They don't even pay on the regular sick policy, so you just completely lose pay.

I had symptoms last year, which turned out not to be Covid. I was off only three days as I went back as soon as I received a negative test. I was recently contacted by track and trace, and ordered to isolate for ten days. I got tested and when it was negative I asked to come back to work and was told I had to see through the full isolation period. They told me it is law. I have now lost ten days pay! People I know in other stores are paid for self isolation, especially when it's ordered by track and trace.

"Where a colleague is displaying Covid-19 symptoms they should isolate and not be deducted unpaid
waiting days, they should then arrange a test and return to work should a test confirm that they are
negative. Even if a colleague is confirmed as negative, we should continue to ensure that the colleague
is paid from the 1st day of absence. Waiting days must not be deducted from a colleague at a later date
where a test has confirmed that they do not have symptoms."

"Where a colleague is isolating, they will be paid as sickness from the 1st Day of
absence"

"Where a colleague has run out of Company Sick Pay this will be topped up to their normal contractual pay"

** Where a colleague has been advised to self-isolate by Test and Trace, they must isolate for a minimum of 10 days, and cannot return sooner
even if they have had a negative test during the isolation period.

most recent Q&A - feel free to use the wording from it found on page 18 and 19 as a starting point.... and put in a grievance if need be... your owed the money if you've not broken anything and if your required to do a 2nd isolation period by track and trace etc that is paid too.

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041074552-Coronavirus-People-support-documents 

Questions & Answers - Cant attach.

grim up north

Some of that is a bit misleading

oldfashionedplayer

Most policies are... Try getting paid for the vaccine lol, but it explains it more in it...

General rule of thumb before the lateral flow tests was

Symptoms = stay at home, book a home test or arrange a drive through test / covid symptoms only site test and ring in depending on the update of tesco, you register a isolation note... (if came back negative then you get paid days you were off and come back in with continue to work), if positive you isolate for 10 days or until symptoms dissappear upto 14 days and take another test before returning...

If contacted or pinged by track and trace its a must isolate, no questions about it and all paid.

With new can take at home, if negative work, if positive arrange a proper test for more accuracy and follows steps above, you just get less time off to do the tests now paid.

TLDR - need to isolate = paid until negative, T&T = paid whether negative or positive, lateral = at home so before shift, good to go no time off, if positive paid from then for 10 days.

Cinderella

Thank you for the information, everyone! I was starting to regret letting them know I had been contacted by T&T. I had a negative test result during the ten days, but they said I couldn't return until the ten days were over. They have said they're not going to pay me, so I will use the information given here when I submit the pay query. Thanks for the support!

RetailReggi

Hi All, not sure where to post but what is the current policy around pregnancy? I last heard that from 28 weeks you need to shield but not sure what the current situation is? Please could someone advise or been in the same position? Many thanks

oldfashionedplayer

Here's the info, pretty much shouldn't be, last updated 5th May. Would attach but keeps saying too large

4.2 As Shielding has ended, can my pregnant colleagues now return to work?
We have reviewed our guidance for Pregnant Colleagues as follows: any colleague who cannot work
from home, who is 28 weeks pregnant and beyond must not attend work and instead move to
Maternity Suspension. This absence should be coded as Holiday with the reason C19P (Or COVID-19
Pregnant on Work & Pay – please refer to your relevant payroll support pack on colleague help). This will
ensure that they are paid the higher of either 'contractual pay' or 'average weekly pay' based on their
earnings over the last 52 weeks.
These colleagues will the begin their maternity leave on the date they had notified us, or four weeks
prior to the expected week of childbirth where they have not notified us.
Where a colleague is less than 28 weeks Pregnant, they can continue working following safe distancing
and any additional measures we have agreed, unless they are also classed as a clinically extremely
vulnerable colleague or higher risk clinically vulnerable, in which case they should be on Maternity
Suspension.
This does not apply to office colleagues where they can work from home and should continue to do so
as planned.

Found here https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040320631-Coronavirus-latest-update-UK-colleagues-only-

RetailReggi

Thank you so much for this  :)

blueberet

Has there been an update to the Covid risk assessment from June last year? If there has does anyone have a copy of it that they are able to share?

Robz

Hi,
I have been off ill after having my second vaccine and have been told I wont get paid for it,
I was off after my first vaccine yet I was paid for that time off so does anyone know if Tesco policy has changed on time off after having the second vaccine, thanks

oldfashionedplayer

policy hasnt changed, still paid, challenge it.

Mennsa

I was ill after first vacine for two days. When I returned to work I had a "let's talk" and was informed that first is paid but if sick after second vaccine that would be unpaid.

RetailReggi

Hi All, has there been any update on maternity suspension please? Are pregnant colleagues still required to be off from 28 weeks? Is this going to change with the changes on the 19th July?

smurf88

Looking at the policy on colleague help it was updated today 19/7/2021 and it still states that you should be off from week 28 on Maternity suspension.

grim up north

Has the vaccine policy changed today or is it still 3 paid days off if feeling after effects?

Redshoes

It's not three days off if feeling unwell after vaccine, never has been. It's the three days unpaid will be paid if COVID related. Most people only need one day, if anything.

Checkout Superstar

I'm in a dilemma. One of my co workers has pretended to have a positive covid test to get a week off.

Do I guess him up?

Biscuit tin

Free pass to a week off. Easier than pulling off a dead grandparent stunt every year.

my little pony

You can't pretend to have a positive test as you have to give them the 16 digit reference number so they can look it up

grim up north

You can however ensure you get a 'ping' from the comfort of your own home

penguin

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 20-07-21, 12:50PM
I'm in a dilemma. One of my co workers has pretended to have a positive covid test to get a week off.

Do I guess him up?

I can understand your not happy but this person has just shot him or herself in the foot as references numbers and other info will be needed on return to work, just let the process take its cause and save yourself the trouble.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lackofinterest

Do I guess him up?
you mean grass??
no way. mind your own business. nowt worse than a grass

oldfashionedplayer

To be fair can't you report a take a home test as positive then arrange for a pcr test at a drive through / selected site to confirm if you are since the at home home aren't as accurate? Least that's how relatives have done it for theirs previously... Though their workplace could just not be asking for the info 😂

spike_pkh

Do I grass him up?

Yes. Nothing worse than somebody making everyone else need to work harder when there is nothing wrong with them,

Biscuit tin

Co-workers conveniently pinged as England progressed through the Euros, then presumably again once the Olympics starts. If you can't beat them, join them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk