News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:17PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 280
Total: 286

Behaviour during pandemic.

Started by Nomad, 02-06-20, 11:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virus! overall how are/have the company treated their staff ?

very good
71 (19.9%)
good
53 (14.8%)
average
75 (21%)
Poorly
97 (27.2%)
very poorly
61 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 321

expressman77

BarryZola yeh its right it is unfair.
its unfair that that some of us are at risk of serious illness if we catch covid,
that there is a need to isolate , im so sorry Tesco thought it would be good to pay us some of our wage ,
and im so sorry the sun shone.
I suppose its our fault it rains on your day off...….

BarryZola

expressman77, don't get me mixed up with the other guy who posted on the last page. I only made one single post and it was about people who have worked through deserving something from the government ALONGSIDE people who have had to furlough getting money. I have never said that those isolating shouldn't be looked after. Thanks.

NightAndDay

Let's have a look at the alternative to paying furloughed employees shall we? They can either not get paid, in which case they'll have to pay for essentials to living out of their own savings (if they have any) or die from poverty, they could claim Job Seekers Allowance, but this again would subject them to homelessness and poverty, both scenarios would also contribute to greater rates of unemployment to the already increasing levels caused by this pandemic, which by the way would have a knock on effect on sales and would result in the Retailers downsizing further. A seperate Coronavirus related benefit is essentially the current solution.

A well thought out taxation system would have the funds prepared as a contingency to a scenario such as this, in that regard, the system works, as for the key employees continuing to work, you have employers paying  a Coronavirus related bonus in most places, if it's not enough then it's the employer or yourself that's the problem, not the furloughed employees.

expressman77

Barry Zola .please accept my appoloigies

Panicworker

Hi did anyone notice that manager and warehouse staff got the 10 percent bonus they also had a yearly bonus.
But the front line staff who had to deal with the customer's who where most at risk just had a 10 percent bonus. When I did the math it worked out it was the same as the profit bonus they axe to give us a pay rise .
Tesco do not respect there shop floor staff  >:(

notsofunny

The yearly bonus is just that , something that was already planed for them before the Virus and had nothing to do with the Virus ,

And the Virus Bonus was set up as a extra for everyone ,

So all they got as something on top was what you got as far as % is concerned ,

Panicworker

Yes I get that point but what I am trying to say my friend is the lowest paid people in the company where at the greatest risk of coronavirus when dealing with the general public putting there lifes at risk and there familys
For 10 percent
. colleagues who worked with me had coronavirus and it wasn't good .
We didnt see a manager for weeks the staff run the store management where in the training room on there phones.
Tesco used to value its staff .
This is bad behaviour

notsofunny

So your argument should not be with the Managers , it should be with the Company ,

and if you had been in A metro or express You would have seen how mad it become in them ,

Panicworker

The shop floor staff were all out working with the general public while the managers were in the office.  We didn't even get a thank you.

Bean23

I find it so funny when staff complain about customers not sticking to the 2 meter rule, look around and the same ones  are standing chatting to their friend/colleague...I've Sat in the canteen on a table and seen another colleague move a chair to sit next to someone and actually put that chair directly behind me..I think the company have put good things in place it's up to us to make sure we do it and keep safe, not worth complaining about Dave Lewis it's the same in any company they always get paid more and I suppose we are not forced to work for them I choose to if I was that unhappy I would leave,

VladPutin

In my store the 2 metre rule in the canteen has been rigidly adhered to. I haven't seen a single person break it. The problem is on the shop floor, where social distancing is impossible. Because the customers are too stupid and selfish, and we can barely move without tripping over a locust(dot comedy picker).

Still, the s*** at head office will get their bonuses this year, and that's what really counts, right? 8-)

Studentlife

It's been fairly good in my home store. They happily took me back when Uni finished up.
The people that have stayed in work seem happy enough, they have worked their socks off and could of got more bonus. I feel that the info has been constantly changing in store but you've only got to watch the news and see the Government seemed to be daily changing to realise that no one knows anything. I find it funny how some staff look to Tesco like they should have all the answers and be all knowing. Like worship that they hate. A cult maybe that they put themselves in. Ha ha. Education is a self learn path people. That's just my view. Some people have been in this store so long it seems to be their main focus but in finding fault. A toxic relationship of you like. Anyway......... :)
The new temps who were took on super fast with no training have actually been great. In fact they have been better than some of the staff we have lost to Vulnerability.
I know the biggest issue now in this shop is dotcom volumes and size and how nights can work around it.

Studentlife

Quote from: T2019sackallmanagers on 14-06-20, 05:46PM
Quote from: notsofunny on 14-06-20, 03:47AM

As far as I have read on this site and others , Tesco have not furloughed any staff ,

As to calling them bums , if that's what you think of all those millions that have been forced to stay at home , Just be happy knowing that at least you have a job , most of them do not even know if they will have a job to go back to ,

Really?
They don't deserve to go back to a job if that's the case!
The system should have paid everyone the same amount so people who worked get a bonus. There are plenty of other sectors that had to work with no extra pay and had to risk themselves. Being paid to stay at home is a joke and who picks up the tab for that? The working people!

Wow. We were discussing this hate tonight. In our store a few went off due to BMI got called all the names under the sun whilst they were off. Even by their friends outside of work. Was a plan to ignore them, by some of their friends and most popular staff members. Managers on high alert to protect them and then when they did come back the ringleader is over chatting to them all. Best buddies. I think it's a difficult one. Some should definitely be away and are supported but I think BMI and then coming back even bigger and apparently they were all lazy wasters before COVID. This again from the popular best mate.
I dont even work with this team but the nasty memes and comments about their family and wives is disgusting . They have even said they will report them to inland revenue.
I think feelings are running high and some teams probably do have people who have taken advantage but the company has do e the right thing in my opinion.. And we should be able to trust our fellow colleagues and when they come back I hope they can recognise what their colleagues have done for them.  :thumbup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk