News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 06:58AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 256
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 201
Total: 203

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaterialGirl

Wow I expected it would come but not this quick. Its a skills payment so will they be offered redundancy or pay protection for a year I wonder?

kaled78

if that is true,I can't wait to see the smug"im better than you ga's" look wiped from the face of ours

Jamesowhiteo

Can anyone else confirm this?

sammy

Job 14 moving to the morning I've already heard being announced in week 12. So seems to tie in with that

Voulezvous

Has there been any update about night managers doing the 4night working week instead of the current 5nights?

Mrs sparrow

If wages is going and potentials are moving to fresh, that doesn't bode well for Stock and Admin managers in the larger superstores and Extras.

MaterialGirl

Its odd isn't it, makes you wonder why they didn't ditch stock and admin managers during the shake up but there is defo an announcement regarding stock and admin being made in week 12.

My guess is job14 moving to mornings and those colleagues eventually being transferred to be part of the Fresh Department and in many ways this does make sense. 

Wage Clerks going with any additional wages work being incorporated into the Admin Colleagues role.  What to watch out for here is whether Admin Colleagues get given a pay increase.

That would leave Stock/Admin managers with barely no head count. If so the role will be gone within a year. I wonder if Admin Colleagues will also come under the direct management of the store manager should they no longer have a department head?

BobbyDazler

I wonder if PR colleagues are going to be asked to move to mornings or whether those already on Fresh will be expected to do it? because how will this work with the new scheduler?

I'm not surprised at Wages going but I am surprised its potentially happening this quick. I can see them being offered redundancy if pay protection for 12 months isn't on offer. 

MaterialGirl

In regards to the Scheduler, Its already been mentioned on here but the fact Admin Colleagues are exempt from being moved but Wages Colleagues aren't was the first sign something was brewing. They have known about this for ages.

Greyninja

Quote from: Mikoo on 03-05-23, 06:19PMWage Clerks are  going  :o its going to be announced in week 12.
Can I ask how you've heard this info please and is it for definite? 

SpudChucker1970

Quote from: BrightEyes on 04-05-23, 09:01AMI wonder if PR colleagues are going to be asked to move to mornings or whether those already on Fresh will be expected to do it? because how will this work with the new scheduler?

I'm not surprised at Wages going but I am surprised its potentially happening this quick. I can see them being offered redundancy if pay protection for 12 months isn't on offer. 

Morning PR scan will sit with relevant departments so no one moves hours. Current evening staff will be relocated to other departments

King1999

Sounds like a potential disaster pardon the pun they struggle to get departments filled without having this on top of it.But anyway they know best as always,just keep piling the pressure on hey.

MaterialGirl

Quote from: SpudChucker1970 on 04-05-23, 05:45PM
Quote from: BrightEyes on 04-05-23, 09:01AMI wonder if PR colleagues are going to be asked to move to mornings or whether those already on Fresh will be expected to do it? because how will this work with the new scheduler?

Morning PR scan will sit with relevant departments so no one moves hours. Current evening staff will be relocated to other departments

I've heard job14 colleagues will be asked to move 8am - 12pm. The stock manager will still remain their manager for now.  All reductions have to be completed by 12pm then thats it for the day. No more. This solves the issue of colleagues who get moved on the scheduler from having to do department routines, they will just be expected to fill or clean.

I've not heard any confirmation about Wages going yet though but I spoke with our stock/admin manager yesterday and she said that it will be getting scaled back at some point. Her guess was next year. So it will probably be the January 2024 announcement with Wage Clerks going in May 2024.  She doesn't believe Admin Colleagues will be effected.

londoner83

Believe the trial had PR starting from 6am, and everything getting a instant reduction.....therefore no more reviews needed until finals. Departments were asked to cover this and existing PR team were given replenishment/service tasks in their current shifts.

Logically with exceptions at a bare minimum and schedule to workload in operation, wages clerks could be moved tomorrow. All the business would need to do is announce some form of wage protection to cover the loss of the skills element.

Checkout Superstar

Yeah if Wages is going why hold off for a year? they could ditch them instantly and it would not effect a thing.

candysue

Quote from: Sunflowers on 05-05-23, 09:08AMYeah if Wages is going why hold off for a year? they could ditch them instantly and it would not effect a thing.

How would you like it if someone said the same about you and your job? I have been a wage clerk for the past 18 years and I'm aware that there are odd wage clerks that think they are better than the ga's but all of us are not like that, I am friends with everyone in our store and as far as I'm aware none of them want me to go as they know the most important thing to me is that I do my very best to get their wages correct!

londoner83

With the new contract you are unlikely to be going anywhere, instead your time  would be reassigned to other tasks instore thus allowing you to work alongside all your friends.

With colleagues clocking in and out; managers tasked at ensuring every shift is loaded on FROG and managers ensuring every absence call is added onto the system, wages is by and large automated....meaning if everyone is doing as they should - there is very little daily for wage clerks to do.

Seymee

Don't quote me on it *but* as I said earlier, I heard the announcement about Wage Clerks going will be made in June with the role going in September.

I doubt anyone will be made redundant, It will most likely be protected pay for 18 months and a move to another department.

Admin staff will stay as they are for now.

The new system means there is no need for wage clerks. For better or worse the company has outgrown the role.

MaterialGirl

Well its defo true about job14 moving to mornings. One of our managers told me about it yesterday! they haven't fully decided how they will go about moving the colleagues who do it yet as most are students.

Announcement is week 12

Elly1519

Quote from: candysue on 05-05-23, 10:59PM
Quote from: Sunflowers on 05-05-23, 09:08AMYeah if Wages is going why hold off for a year? they could ditch them instantly and it would not effect a thing.

How would you like it if someone said the same about you and your job? I have been a wage clerk for the past 18 years and I'm aware that there are odd wage clerks that think they are better than the ga's but all of us are not like that, I am friends with everyone in our store and as far as I'm aware none of them want me to go as they know the most important thing to me is that I do my very best to get their wages correct!

candysue

Well said you. Like you I'm friends with everyone in store and I solve more pay queries before they occur than anybody can guess at. I challenge managers on a daily basis about how they have coded exceptions and most of the time I'm right to challenge them.

Sunflowers

Wouldn't affect a thing? God help you all if the wages clerks go and managers do it all themselves. The amount of pay queries will be astronomical and most of them won't have a clue how to resolve them.

King1999

Totally agree with you and like I keep saying I'm not self employed why should I flag up a help ticket or whatever its called, a face to face in store is more of what's needed and normally can give you an answer or help you straight away.  You can't rely on your manager their not interested.

MaterialGirl

In theory ALL managers should know how to code all types of exceptions and be more than able to do them themselves.

It is part of the training.

Elly1519

Eunnii,
When you have manager's coding absences as overtime and overtime as holiday, there is something seriously wrong. Yes, they've had the training but they can't do the job. They answer exceptions as quickly as possible and then disappear to do something else. Try asking them to input a part day absence correctly.

MaterialGirl

I get what you are saying but, its part of management training so if line managers can't do exceptions properly its up the lead and store managers to have a word with them about it.

There is really no excuse for any manager not knowing how to do absence or holidays. That is the most basic of stuff.

NorthbyNorthwest

Whilst it is basic, the main gripe as a manager is the system itself. Many a time you would go in to adjust a shift and it wouldn't allow you to submit it. Every Tesco system is flawed in this way. Where you wish for flexibility in staffing, you'd expect the same in the system as well, but it just isn't there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk