News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 274
Total: 276

Absence Review- reps

Started by ihavequestions23, 22-04-22, 01:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

As long as the note taking online training has been done it could be almost anyone. With a smaller and smaller management team this could be the way forward. We are often single manager in the building and we have a wages clerk and an off till colleagues who can take notes but they are also ex-managers.

Cinderella

Can a meeting be postponed/brought forward if my rep is unavailable, or does anyone know if it would be possible to request they pay the rep overtime for attending my meeting?

I have had one single rep following my case for almost a year. Not that I have a lot of meetings, but I've learned the hard way that Tesco can't be trusted to remember what was discussed, and I've been asking this rep to come to discussions with me. In particular meetings to discuss support plans after an illness. I have an ARM coming up, and I would like this same rep to accompany me, as they are familiar with my situation, and can even chime in if I forget a point. Their shift ends at the time my meeting starts. Can Tesco refuse to allow me to wait - or refuse to pay the rep overtime - just to represent me?

Also, this ARM has been triggered by me leaving early after becoming unwell at work. I worked the majority of my shift - can that trigger an ARM? I've been at Tesco for many years, and have never seen anyone get an ARM in that case. I even contacted colleague help, who stated "ideally this would not trigger an ARM". I feel like it's all a certain manager trying to make things difficult for me, rather than a legitimate Tesco process.

FarmerFred

An employer is only obliged to allow for representation, not representation by a specific rep.
 That said, the managers involved are expected to show reasonable flexibility. Changing the timing of a meeting by an hour or two should be reasonable - unless arrangements have been made for an external manager to attend. An alternative is that the rep is given time in lieu to compensate.

Based on section 7 of the current Sickness Absence policy (4.3 / Nov 21, if less than half of the contracted shift has been worked then the absence will count towards your absence level and could trigger an AR. If less than half of the shift remains then your absence level is not affected, but under section 13 either case still counts towards the "3 separate occasions" rule and so could trigger an AR

londoner83

If you are on work and pay your absence is  worked out in hours rather than days, so any period of 1hr or more away from work would form part of your current absence %.

FarmerFred

londoner83 Not according to the policy document which clearly states
QuoteIf you have less than half your shift left to work, your absence will not be included in your absence levels.

Cinderella

Quote from: londoner83 on 15-08-22, 06:02AMIf you are on work and pay your absence is  worked out in hours rather than days, so any period of 1hr or more away from work would form part of your current absence %.

That's incorrect, it's written into policy that if you have less than half the shift left it won't be counted. Though they are trying to count it at the moment 🙄 A couple of the days they are trying to pin on me are administrative errors. Tesco is such a headache

Cinderella

Thanks for the info @farmerfred

The only rep on shift at the time of my meeting is one who works directly underneath me, which is one of the reasons I never use them. I was also advised by the union's area manager that they are not the best person to use when things are complicated, which my situation is.

I filed a grievance over something that happened at work, which made me go off sick. They keep delaying hearing my grievance, so it looks like I'm going to have to start the tribunal process, especially as they are now calling ARMs on something that was caused by work.

chris9997

Something else that came out of the latest pay negs is that a single sickness that goes over 3 % with no other sickness in the 26 weeks no longer goes to ARM

Cinderella

I didn't spot that in the policies, has that been updated yet?

madness

Quote from: chris9997 on 15-08-22, 11:39AMSomething else that came out of the latest pay negs is that a single sickness that goes over 3 % with no other sickness in the 26 weeks no longer goes to ARM
There has always been disgretion with that.

Cinderella

The rep is on holiday 😖 can Tesco make the meeting go ahead, telling me I need to bring someone else or go alone?

biggerpicture

You need to contact the Area Usdaw office and ask them to support with a Rep.
Make sure you tell the person in plenty of time who is conducting the meeting that you want a rep. The meeting should not go ahead if you want a rep

lucgeo

If they try to push it through, wait until the meeting starts, and the notes begin to be taken, you'll be asked if you want a rep, you say yes...your answer should be noted! Every comment now spoken,by everyone, should be noted down! The note taker cannot make any comment during the meeting, if they do, you insist they put their comments in the notes!
You should be asked if you're happy to proceed? You say no!
You ask for an adjournment, you state you are not happy to proceed without representation, all noted down, if it's not being written down, ask why not??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Cinderella

Thanks for the advice! I went with the advice to say I wasn't happy to continue without representation - however, Tesco's organisation skills were at their finest as ever, as I was the only person to show up to the meeting. I'm waiting to hear whether it gets rescheduled

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk