News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:27AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 293
Total: 296

New structure change.

Started by Vinny1985, 13-01-22, 03:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Has anyone heard of new changes happening soon. We had hiring stopped GA and team leaders

londoner83

In January every year there is a focus on store's allowed hours. Could well be that as your store is over contracted (ie more hours are being used than are "needed") all recruitment has been stopped.

NightAndDay

Tesco's end of financial year is at the end of February, recruitment is usually slow until after that period to make their profit statement look better than it is.

lucgeo

Oh, another round of RHRP in their sights! Depts told they are " over hours", and the few depts under hours are either by only a few, which doesn't equate to a contract, so stays as overtime, until all overtime cancelled, or have more than the now allowed low part time hours for a new contract for one person, so part is used as new contract, and the remainder is overtime ??? ???

They mainly now offer 3.75 shifts, all on flexi, no breaks needed, then wonder why the workers lack enthusiasm ??? No one knows each other from different depts, people clock in, go to their dept, clock out and go home!

The only ones who mainly use the canteen, are the full time managers  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

Quotehey mainly now offer 3.75 shifts, all on flexi, no breaks needed, then wonder why the workers lack enthusiasm ??? No one knows each other from different depts, people clock in, go to their dept, clock out and go home!

Exactly this, and then the company makes a big performance of doing meetings and surveys to find out why so many on said contracts quit, one of the biggest mistakes the company ever made was to stop taking on CA (GA) on full time contracts or even the old part time 16 hour contracts, instead its tiny contracts and people quickly move on to something better and who can blame them, in the last few years I worked for them it was a case of new people came, had no real training, given a few hours per week with the promise of overtime and more core hours to come, apart from during the first lockdown neither ever really happened and then as soon as said new people could find something better they left and more newbies arrived and so the cycle began again.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Kidder

Hi just wondering if anyone got any info about entertainment ?? And reducing lines on GM ?? Thank you for any information.

T.C.1

Correct me if I'am wrong but I think there are a couple of Extra trial stores out there that have given up GM space for bulk pallets of grocery stuff.

Pda-smith

Something's coming in express format.

NightAndDay

If any changes are coming to the structure in Express formats then unless it's replacing SMs with cluster managers, they can only add roles to the structure, they can't make it more streamlined than it is.

kaled78

All DVD's, Blu-rays and games are going to be discontinued in March, I was told by an oakwood rep today.  I believe Sainsbury's stopped selling them last year.

Vinny1985

Quote from: Pda-smith on 14-01-22, 05:16PM
Something's coming in express format.

Could you give any more information on this?

BUY TESLA STOCK

Do we need SM, Lead manager, TM, Shift Leader and GAs or could we just have an Area manager with power to dismiss, a few working shift leaders to work alongside the GA.

londoner83

I strongly question why we need lead team anymore and with the introduction of shift leaders feel the number of team managers could be substantially cut. If you look at the structure on a Sunday then compare it to a standard weekday - why does  the week day require double/treble etc the Sunday Management headcount?

RocketRonnie100

Very good point about the 'Sunday' structure.  :D :D

BUY TESLA STOCK

Usually more management on the quiet nights. Night mangers on 30k+ bullying the hard workers to do more while the slackers get away with murder. 

Mark calloway

TESLA lol,  same in our store.

Redshoes

Quote from: londoner83 on 17-01-22, 06:27AM
I strongly question why we need lead team anymore and with the introduction of shift leaders feel the number of team managers could be substantially cut. If you look at the structure on a Sunday then compare it to a standard weekday - why does  the week day require double/treble etc the Sunday Management headcount?

Sunday could be seen as just another day. There has been talk, for years, that managers could go to a pattern where they work 5 days out of any 7. At the moment we generally don't have many managers who are contracted to sundays. Most shifts are done by managers on overtime and this often means working 6 days a wk. Generally most managers, in my experience, would welcome not having to do this. I work in Scotland though and trading hours are different. My store and a few others in the group trade 0800-2200 on Sundays. A store I used to work in has a TW manager who is contracted to the late shift so the rest of the managers need to cover the early shifts on overtime each wk, and the holiday cover for the TW manager. Some managers opt to take time back for the Sunday shift. This is generally not an issue.
Sunday is a busier day than some days in the wk. I have very mixed feelings on this. It would be a huge cost saving on managers wages with very little impact to stores other than having to give up the fact that Sunday is seen as a 'special' premium pay day.
Colleagues are contracted to sundays. As a Scottish store we have full contracted shifts for colleagues on Sunday working with only sick and holiday cover for overtime.

Redshoes

There has also been speculation on managers moving to continental hours. This tends to be 12 hour shifts with extra days off. I can't see this working. The longer shifts but less days would be fine, for most. It's just that with the removal of team leaders and shift leaders not yet fully landed a lot can happen during extended days off. You can only plan for so much, with the bigger roles now I can't see this happening.

Aunt sally

Where are and when are t/l's and s/l's going?

Morris999

Some Superstores lost the Checkout Team Support as part of the Manager restructure last year, along with some from Dot com.
You would already know if your store was one of them as they went in May last year.

As for Shift leaders, no store lost them, they are being introduced when Team mangers leave the business, however as a lot of stores still have too many Team managers, they will be slowly introduced.

Aunt sally

Thanks for that i thought that was the case with s/'s

spike_pkh

I bet most managers would love 12hr shifts with an extra day off as most seem to work 12hr shifts anyway

Redshoes

Not all stores have the shift leaders yet as they are not at structure and have too many managers.

kaled78

Quote from: Redshoes on 21-01-22, 05:58AM
Not all stores have the shift leaders yet as they are not at structure and have too many managers.

not in my store they wait for the store managers car to leave the car park then all make a run for it as soon as he's gone

Brez

Quote from: T.C.1 on 14-01-22, 03:45PM
Correct me if I'am wrong but I think there are a couple of Extra trial stores out there that have given up GM space for bulk pallets of grocery stuff.

100%, another store close to me has just lost another 2 aisles of GM for even more bulk pallets, in total 4 aisles of GM has vanished over a couple of years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk