News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 03:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

Xmas hours

Started by Vinny1985, 28-11-21, 10:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

When do people normally get Xmas hours. Also when we have our 2nd holiday meeting in October should Xmas Bank Holidays be arranged at this time. 

forrestgimp

Mine was done ages ago, they only need to change if you work on a sunday then you need to decide what you want to do use a holiday take it unpaid or work the hours back.

Missyj86

I got mine a couple of weeks ago....after asking the store manager every single shift they eventually did them.
I'm contracted to work a Sunday so I've booked it as holiday.

Mark calloway

Haven't done mine yet. As my normal shift is Sunday night 10 to 7 can I have boxing day off? Our manager has been refusing it but then giving it to others.

oldfashionedplayer

pretty much if you signed up to union emails, as much as they are useless, they sent out something that helped, it's also mentioned on ourtesco that Sunay (Boxing Day) is going to be voluntary anyhow this year for tesco... (but to be fair... usually is just throw them the holiday policy / working hours policies)

cant attach it so..

"Tesco have agreed that working on
Boxing Day, 26 December will be
on a voluntary basis. Those who
do not wish to work can choose to
book holiday, arrange a shift swap if
possible, or take the day as unpaid
leave.

For night staff, this agreement would
apply to whichever night shift is not
the designated Bank Holiday"

(since Night staff W&P systems class the friday and saturday) and non W&P when you "pick by vote" with night members that never happens, even though they say about "moving it" and bull it's still boxing day so always just thrown the "fine i'll use personal day or unpaid" - they'd rather give you the holiday than argue with you if you keep going at it with them to be honest... shame they took out the loophole years back though of "you don't need manager consent to take your personal day in the allotted date frame"

lackofinterest

monday 27th december is a tesco bank holiday so nobody can be forced to work that either

Spongbob

Any news on our Christmas bonus

Missyj86

We aren't getting one, getting 20% discount instead 🙄

Biscuits

Which is really only 5% because we would have got 15%  anyway 🙄

T.C.1

The 20% discount ends on the 20th of December when most people start to do there big shop!! At least with the thank you vouchers they used to run into January.

chris9997

The sting in the tail this year is that the 20% still comes off annual allowence so where people have spent up will not get anything so really saying as a special thanks is a bit rich as they are not giving anything you could have got anyway
It is not very forward thinking as the staff who have used up there allowance are clearly big spenders and to use up in 7months the spend would be quite a lot going perhaps to rivals

a significant loss in trade I would say if the members of staff were spending 200 per week with about 15weeks to go to renewel

grim up north

When does the 20% discount start?

sammy

Tuesday 14th till Monday 20th but there no 15% next weekend like normal

grim up north

Better for me to be honest, I preferred the previous discount when it was midweek.  I often don't take advantage of the 15% because I can't bear going in on a weekend.

Hammer10

Done all my Xmas nice bits at Lidl as Tesco screwed me over too many times on many things all my family extended family as well shop at Lidl so they have missed out on a lot of money .Even a lot of their friends won't shop at Tesco anymore because the way staff are treated.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Tesco are just the pits they don't use buying power to reduce costs for shoppers. They are now one of the lowest paid of the big 4 if not the lowest. They expect more of GAs then screw them for a few hundred bonus. Throw counters staff etc on the scrap heap in the middle of a pandemic. The shop floor managers are run ragged now and the best they can do is pass the blame to Tom, dick and Harry who work 8 hours a week. The place is full of bleach blonde mangers who's mum is a director and others who would sell their granny for a BMW and a house in Kilmarnock.  Gone are the days of 16 hour days and people caring, now you've got Henry who doesn't give a rats fk and Jimmy who'll turn in if he's not got the sh**s again.  I shop at Lidl now if nothing else you can get more and better quality for your money and all the staff look busy.

extrastore

Hey Sammy,
How do you know that Friday 14th is not 15%?

oldfashionedplayer

@extra - Does the 20% discount event between Tuesday 14 December and Monday 20 December replace the four-day 15% discount event in December?
Yes.

They've already said that it replaces it this time, so no 15% for a few days then 20%, it's Payday + weekend + monday = 10%, Tuesday start of 00:00 = 20%

adamski26

From colleague help*

Christmas 20% discount event - 2021

To thank you for everything you've done this year, we're increasing colleague discount to 20% from Tuesday 14 December until Monday 20 December 2021*

FAQs

Q. Does the 20% discount event between 14 and 20 December replace the four day 15% discount event already communicated?

A. Yes.

Q. Will F&F colleague discount remain at 20% during future discount events?

A. Yes. F&F will remain at 20% discount and Tesco Café will remain at 25% discount.

Q. How do I check how much discount allowance I have left?

A. You can check your remaining discount allowance any time you want to - just head to the Colleague Clubcard area of the Reward & Benefits page of Our Tesco.

Q. Will the 20% discount event go towards my discount allowance?

A. Yes. The full 20% discount will be debited from your allowance.

Q. I have already used my annual discount allowance, will I be able to take part in the 20% discount event?

A. If you have used your annual discount allowance for this year you will not be able to take part in the 20% discount event, and the additional saving will not be applied to your purchases.

Q. What about my second cardholder?

A. You and your second cardholder (if you have one) can both take part in enhanced discount events, provided you have not reached your £1,000 annual discount allowance.

Q. What does this mean for seasonal or temporary colleagues?

A. It depends when they joined Tesco. All colleagues who reach 12 weeks service will automatically receive their Colleague Clubcard direct to their home address, if this is before the 20% discount event in December, they'll be able to take part.

Orders on Tesco.com

If you have placed a Grocery Home Shopping order and you have chosen delivery/collection during the 20% colleague discount event, please note that the 20% colleague discount will not show on the checkout summary until the events starts. Prior to the event starting, it will show the 10% colleague discount.

Colleagues will also see 20% colleague discount applied on their grocery home shopping receipt (customer delivery note).

* This replaces the 15% December payday event. Colleague Clubcard holders only, in-store and online. Usual colleague discount exclusions apply – see Colleague Clubcard T&Cs on Colleague Help for full details. Minimum unit pricing applies in Scotland & Wales.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Jacquee9

Quote from: Vinny1985 on 28-11-21, 10:31AM
When do people normally get Xmas hours. Also when we have our 2nd holiday meeting in October should Xmas Bank Holidays be arranged at this time.

Hello! Can't figure out how to post new!!

I've just started been taken on doing a permanent night shift, Fridays, 10pm-7am. As Christmas Eve is a Friday, and my store closes at 7pm, does anyone know if I'll be working? Or if I need to request it as time off?

Thanks so much!!

[admin]Welcome, your questions fit into this topic, so no need for new topic. However if you ever wish to start a new topic you need to be a VLH Supporter for the huge some of a minimum of £2.[/admin]

Baba_G

Hello

For night staff the 24 going into 25 and 25 going into 26 are going to be nights off . There is no need to request it you should have been informed. You will be working boxing night thou but shoud get BH pay after 00.00 on the monday . Talk to your line manager he should have more info . And there is no such thing as comming in early and doing a bit extra on the 24'th they tried that last year and some of the new staff fell for it

oldfashionedplayer

or just say since there wasn't a vote on it in early february time like supposed to since stores aren't setup on work and pay properly (only managers), that it's not voted for which day so you'll take it as a personal day :P

Jacquee9

So helpful thank you!

I have my induction Friday so I assume I'll be told then.

Don't mind working Boxing Day, I was hoping that would be the case as at least I get to wake up with my kids and see their faces now on Christmas morning  :)

What rate is BH pay?

whatajoke2019

It's time and a quarter Jacquee9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk