News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 09:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 74
Total: 76

Wearing face masks

Started by General Thorn, 30-10-21, 04:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

Quote from: Tesla on 13-11-21, 07:09PM
Masks should be worn at all times in all areas. I will not shop in a store full of workers/customers not wearing masks. If you are happy with sales dipping as customers boycott the store then carry on with any excuse not to wear a mask. No mask no job is the way it's going.

Stop talking drivel, no one polices wearing masks also if you have the choice and decide not to then you have nothing to complain about.

Perhaps you would be better suited to living in a bubble with no access to the outside world.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Perhaps you're a gimp

forrestgimp

Surprised you use computers what with computer viruses being rampant and all.

Nomad

[admin]Thank you both, end of.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Mark calloway

Too many paranoid people.  If you're that scared of a virus with 98 percent survival rate then you should stay in. Let the normal people go about their lives

Modena

Not at work today but do we have to wear masks in the store or is it our choice.

hornimans135

I would advise wearing at all times when in shops and public transport to protect your self and others.
this is now law and cannot be over ridden by tesco or anyone else. 
Failure to comply is a fine of £6,000 for individuls and more for companies.

lucgeo

Quote from: Mark calloway on 30-11-21, 07:43AM
Too many paranoid people.  If you're that scared of a virus with 98 percent survival rate then you should stay in. Let the normal people go about their lives

Err...you really are one that jumps on the popular bandwagon, aren't you  ???

Time and again, you have stated that your family are vulnerable, with many medical problems and that you are their main support  ??? You have requested, and received, a great deal of support and advice from other VLH supporters, with regard time off, your rights etc...for family medical appointments and your commitments ???

Kind of makes your latest statement rather questionable methinks  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

grim up north

Recently due to the cold weather, some of my co workers who couldn't wear anything across their face for medical reasons had snoods, scarves on so only their eyes were visible. Now we as staff have been asked to wear masks again, the 'I have an invisible condition' lanyards are back around their necks...

barafear

If customers don't wear masks and do not get challenged or refused entry, it makes it difficult for staff to be "whiter than white" and follow the rules.
It clearly is a fact that it's easier to do your job (7+ hour shift) not wearing a mask than it is wearing a mask - whether that be on the shop floor (more energetic than checkouts for example) or being on checkouts and being "expected" to talk to customers continuously.

This latest set of rules is also very perplexing given the different rules if you work/visit a retail shop versus a pub/restaurant.

barafear

Just read this on BBC news:

The Co-op has become the latest supermarket chain to say it will not enforce new mask-wearing rules to avoid their staff being abused by customers.

Mask rules were reintroduced in England on Tuesday after concerns about the Omicron coronavirus variant. It's now mandatory to wear them in shops and public transport, among other places.

Supermarkets are taking a light touch approach with Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and Iceland not challenging customers.

Industry body The British Retail Consortium said it is up to police to enforce face mask rules, not retailers.

So I wonder whether management will take a similar light touch approach with staff?

surlaroute

Quote from: Modena on 30-11-21, 09:12AM
Not at work today but do we have to wear masks in the store or is it our choice.

both, I imagine.

madness

Quote from: barafear on 01-12-21, 02:14PM
Just read this on BBC news:

The Co-op has become the latest supermarket chain to say it will not enforce new mask-wearing rules to avoid their staff being abused by customers.

Mask rules were reintroduced in England on Tuesday after concerns about the Omicron coronavirus variant. It's now mandatory to wear them in shops and public transport, among other places.

Supermarkets are taking a light touch approach with Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and Iceland not challenging customers.

Industry body The British Retail Consortium said it is up to police to enforce face mask rules, not retailers.

So I wonder whether management will take a similar light touch approach with staff?

Personally i wear the mask to save grief. i don't pull any staff up on not wearing it or having it below their nose. If they are on my departments I just ask for any sort of letter that can be bung in their file to literally cover their ass incase someone has a go at them

baldeagle

Face coverings must be worn by staff working in those settings where the public are required to wear face coverings and where staff come into direct contact with the public. In these settings employers are prohibited from asking their workers to remove a face covering

penguin

Quote from: barafear on 01-12-21, 12:14PM
If customers don't wear masks and do not get challenged or refused entry, it makes it difficult for staff to be "whiter than white" and follow the rules.
It clearly is a fact that it's easier to do your job (7+ hour shift) not wearing a mask than it is wearing a mask - whether that be on the shop floor (more energetic than checkouts for example) or being on checkouts and being "expected" to talk to customers continuously.

This latest set of rules is also very perplexing given the different rules if you work/visit a retail shop versus a pub/restaurant.

One cant help but think pubs and cafes etc will be next for the masks, bringing them in bit by bit until we are back to the rules on them that were in place this time last year, first it was the latest rules will be reviewed in three weeks, today the talk is the review could come sooner.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mark calloway

All hail the mask. The true saviour of humans.  Pfft

lucgeo

Quote from: Mark calloway on 09-08-20, 12:18PM
Quote from: expressman77 on 08-08-20, 10:34PM
Quote from: gaz123 on 06-08-20, 05:33PM
"Anxiety"? FFS.
Not sure what you mean "anxiety FFs", you think that's not  a reason for not wanting to wear one.
Guess you don't suffer from it and and how sometimes having something over your face can make you feel more stressed and anxious.
I suffer from anxiety,I take medication daily, I'm wearing a mask. Just wear the darn thing. It's amazing how many people now seem to suffer from anxiety, asthma, claustrophobia etc.

8-) 8-)...Your own words above...Pfft... 8-) 8-)

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

I live in Scotland and we have been wearing masks all along. I notice that those colleagues who don't wear seem to be the ones ill, not always COVID but a lot of colds and stomach bugs. We have seen a rise in these bugs in the last couple of months. We have also had a huge rise in track & trace but a very low level of positive results. A big rise in track & trace from people meeting for nights out.
We can't police people wearing masks, customers or colleagues. As has previously been said, colleagues who can't wear due to a hidden condition should have this on file. If it's asthma, anxiety or any of the other reasons. If it's strong enough to prevent you wearing a mask during a pandemic it's a strong enough to have this recorded and be in your file.

Mark calloway

Quote from: lucgeo on 02-12-21, 08:52AM
Quote from: Mark calloway on 09-08-20, 12:18PM
Quote from: expressman77 on 08-08-20, 10:34PM
Quote from: gaz123 on 06-08-20, 05:33PM
"Anxiety"? FFS.
Not sure what you mean "anxiety FFs", you think that's not  a reason for not wanting to wear one.
Guess you don't suffer from it and and how sometimes having something over your face can make you feel more stressed and anxious.
I suffer from anxiety,I take medication daily, I'm wearing a mask. Just wear the darn thing. It's amazing how many people now seem to suffer from anxiety, asthma, claustrophobia etc.

8-) 8-)...Your own words above...Pfft... 8-) 8-)
bless you my stalker friend

Mark calloway

Quote from: Shoestring on 13-11-21, 07:20PM
Maybe you enjoy breathing in your own carbon dioxide, I don't. It does nothing to prevent a virus who's molecules are thousands of times micro that of a mask, it's a gagging tool. Going to wear it for the rest of your life are you. Just because you are gullible doesn't mean I have to obey your fear!
Amen

Totot

I still dont get it that some people still thinking that when virus come out of our body, it come out itself without medium to live in. And think it behave like living being with wings and legs that can move and navigate even in the air.

Come on our fellows viruses, there is a gap in the mask on 2 o'clock direction, tilt 45 deg and turn left gently and move vertically i 3..2...1...

Nomad

I don't like wearing a mask, however I do in crowded places.  While the masks may give little protection to say they give nothing is overlooking the fact that the virus cannot live on fabric as it draws the moisture out of the virus and it dies because of dehydration.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Genuinely forgot my mask while nipping into Sainsburys local this evening, was offered a mask and accepted it from a very polite young man, who informed me most people who turn up without one simply resort to abuse when asked if they would like one, he looked totally dejected when telling me this and did say he never challenges anyone who says there exempt or has the sunflower lanyard, and this about 3 days into the new rules. As ever its the staff taking the flack for simply trying to ensure people obey rules made elsewhere.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk