Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

6 mins late, have to make up 15 minutes!?

Started by Chambers21, 03-09-21, 08:00AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

It someone is late a let's talk can be used as a record of a conversation on how the colleague will pay back the time. If this is what happen that is the end of it. If it is paid lateness without paying back time this is also recorded on let's talk. Going forward, repeated paid lateness can be disciplined. Lateness that has been unpaid or colleague has worked back the time can't, you can't be punished twice. Not paining you for lateness means you have been punished so there should not be a disciplinary giving a second punishment.

horatiocain

Let's specify lateness  it's not being on time.
From a policy perspective unless it's related to time off  which is unlikely it will be processed as lateness.
All lateness is paid.

If you're late because you've taken time off that's time off and not lateness then the lateness policy doesn't apply, because its time off, sorry but I thought that was obvious.

If your journey takes an extra hour that's lateness.
If your car breaks down and you have to wait for a tow, lateness.
You sleep through your alarm, lateness.

If you take time off to pop to a pharmacy before work that's not lateness  that's time off, I figured everyone would understand the difference, although you should visit the pharmacy outside your work hours if you can.

However all lateness is paid, your car broke down  you slept through your alarm, a tesco van hit a focus and you had to wait for the road to be opened  they found a bomb next door, all are lateness, all are paid

Let's talks are only to be kept on file while they are relevant, as are all documents, you PSM should be purging files of no longer relevant information annually, holiday for should be disposed of after the year they apply, change of hours forms should be destroyed after 13 months etc
You can request to examine your file with your PSM and ask for any information to be removed if it no longer has bearing, which can include a let's talk  half of the time these are not used correctly.

Every occasion of lateness should necessitate a let's talk, to make sure there are no problems, it's proactive management, but then again these are not discplinary forms but are used as such, so be careful.

BlueToon

Quote from: horatiocain on 11-09-21, 06:07PM
but then again these are not discplinary forms but are used as such, so be careful.

And that is the reason that I refuse to have one without a witness present.
It is illogical to me to say they are not a disciplinary measure, and then to bring them up in a disciplinary meeting.

horatiocain

I love them, because I can give them to managers for not doing their job too, then have them filed on their record, a let's talk is just a recording of a conversation.

Use them to your advantage too.
If they present one written out I loved screwing it up and taking a blank one out and taking some notes  including improper use of a let's talk form.

I'm not asked to be in too many meetings now.

person7

few weeks ago i clocked in 10 seconds "late" after the 3 minutes - because a manager was talking to me when i was trying to go to clock on

15 minutes of pay was reduced from me!  - so i just took extra 15 minute break next shift.. im not working for free as they said it was "your responsibility to clock in" - even though.... it was the store manager who was holding me up

oldfashionedplayer

if its reduced from you put in a pay query, even if you take the extra break to be honest, make them pay your a** since they aren't allowed to withhold pay, lateness is dealt with lets talk etc first, but it works 10 mins both side, not 3 minutes.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: BlueToon on 12-09-21, 08:30PM
Quote from: horatiocain on 11-09-21, 06:07PM
but then again these are not disciplinary forms but are used as such, so be careful.

And that is the reason that I refuse to have one without a witness present.
It is illogical to me to say they are not a disciplinary measure, and then to bring them up in a disciplinary meeting.

Let them stack let's talks for not a lot if anything at all. You might get the dismissed but you will also get a nice unfair dismissal payout. Find yourself another job let the nonsense build up then when the time comes the bills are covered and you get a nice pump sum. Start spending in Lidl and your money will go a further.  Only people getting paid well at Tesco is the lead team and above.  SM I knew cleaned the floors with a scrub drier when they got rid of the cleaner as the few GAs said they were too busy.

biggerpicture

You shouldn't have been stopped 15 minutes for lateness that is not policy. I would be questioning that with your manager.

person7

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 23-12-21, 11:31PM
if its reduced from you put in a pay query, even if you take the extra break to be honest, make them pay your a** since they aren't allowed to withhold pay, lateness is dealt with lets talk etc first, but it works 10 mins both side, not 3 minutes.

we have had signs up for many weeks that since moving our payslips to the new system you get 3 minutes either side or it will "mess up the system" - just a pain i was seconds "late" - but not late enough to trigger any "lets talk" but late enough to dock 15 minutes of pay count me as quarter past not o'clock! -

but once I'm back in work after this Covid infection I've got I'm gonna show my payslip and my-shift and query it

person7

Quote from: biggerpicture on 25-12-21, 08:27AM
You shouldn't have been stopped 15 minutes for lateness that is not policy. I would be questioning that with your manager.

yeh I did think it was very odd - there's been signs about you must clock on time with in a 3 minute window either side - but nothing was said that being a few seconds over the 3 minutes means 15 minutes docked off - its something I'm definitely going to bring up when I'm back at work (stupid Covid).

Totot

Would be fair if clock out 5 min extra and got 15 min extra paid, of course it would never happened.

person7

Tell me about it.  Number times I've clocked out late as customers held me up and don't get paid extra, but they are quick to try and remove pay! lol

horatiocain

All lateness is paid, unless your late because of another policy its paid. Raise a pay query and a grievance and complain, it's a breach of policy, and an illegal deduction of wages.

Batmanjo

Quote from: person7 on 25-12-21, 11:39PM
Quote from: biggerpicture on 25-12-21, 08:27AM

yeh I did think it was very odd - there's been signs about you must clock on time with in a 3 minute window either side - but nothing was said that being a few seconds over the 3 minutes means 15 minutes docked off - its something I'm definitely going to bring up when I'm back at work (stupid Covid).

I questioned this 3 minutes either way and was told it was to do with the tablet, so I delved a little further asking what was the issue with the tablet as a human you could over ride this glitch all I got was it's company policy, what a joke no such policy exists.

person7

Quote from: horatiocain on 26-12-21, 07:38PM
All lateness is paid, unless your late because of another policy its paid. Raise a pay query and a grievance and complain, it's a breach of policy, and an illegal deduction of wages.

Spoke to my manager and he said he will get the wages team to take a look but can take up to 2 weeks as they are isolating. He said he was told it's to do with the clocking/card swipe is all computerised/automated now with no human intervention and going over 3 minutes does not register on the system as its only "live" at certain times since upgrading from Windows XP on their servers. (we were all windows XP until about 6 months ago)

But has logged it as an "adjustment needed" to get my 15 minutes backpay

horatiocain

That not true  the system automatically flags you as late and pays you  because that's the policy  someone has to manually tell the system not to pay you by manually entering clocking times to alter payroll.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk