Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

16-09-21, 11:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 47148
  • Total Topics: 914
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Moving hours  (Read 2201 times)

Vinny1985

• VLH Supporter
Moving hours
« on: 13-08-21, 05:08PM »
Hi I have a member of staff who is being asked to move her hours. I been on ourtesco to try and find the information as I am sure I have found it before. But I can't seem to find it. Searching on our tesco is rubbish. Could some one point me in the right direction

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: Moving hours
« Reply #1 on: 13-08-21, 07:37PM »
Moving/changing hours/RHRP/Ideal Schedule

May have been minor changes since posted.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Vinny1985

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 18-08-21, 07:47AM »
Thank you for the reply. Great help. I just wanted to know if you have the info on what is classed as unreasonable reasons for not moving someone. I found the info on our tesco before. It has a chart what a manager has to follow.

The female colleague can work every day apart from a Thursdays, she has her Child. She is divorced and has no cover.  Her avaliblity form has only a Thursday down as unable to work. There are other staff who have Thursdays down on the avaliblity forms but none of them have been asked to move, Any advice would be Amazing

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 18-08-21, 08:06AM »
Thank you for the reply. Great help. I just wanted to know if you have the info on what is classed as unreasonable reasons for not moving someone. I found the info on our tesco before. It has a chart what a manager has to follow.

The female colleague can work every day apart from a Thursdays, she has her Child. She is divorced and has no cover.  Her avaliblity form has only a Thursday down as unable to work. There are other staff who have Thursdays down on the avaliblity forms but none of them have been asked to move, Any advice would be Amazing

If unavailable for those hours she should not be targeted. If it’s a structure change for a dept it involves everyone. If it’s just to change hours of one colleague it needs to be fair and should not be just her unless she has requested a change to hours or move of dept. What can’t happen, is someone get her old hours.
Everything is online, there is a whole pack on moving hours and what can and can’t be done.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4 on: 18-08-21, 08:10AM »
If you put "unreasonable" into the VLH search option you will get a list of all the topics that have touched on the issue.

For me the answer has always been that if due to the employee's circumstances they honestly believe the change unreasonable, then it is unreasonable.

Causes maybe travel/transport distance, cost, time or availability; child care issues, family/social life, caring responsibilities  etc.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 18-08-21, 04:50PM »
exactly. if it disrupts your personal life then it is unreasonable!!

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #6 on: 18-08-21, 05:28PM »
I dont think its quite as cut and dried as that.

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #7 on: 18-08-21, 06:36PM »
If you are asked to change hours/ days you should be mindful of what happened in our store in that the member of staff worked Monday to Friday the  MM tried a RHRP of Tuesday to Saturday staff member said can do this do to commitments went to union at first supported her but when it was brought to there attention that the staff member did the last 6 Saturdays as overtime they backed down and the staff member had to change there hours.
If the union/company was right or not just be very careful about deviating from core days/ hours.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #8 on: 18-08-21, 07:25PM »
forrestgimp, it rarely is cut & dried.

chris9997, good point well made.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )