News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Empty shelves

Started by beentheredoneit, 11-08-21, 12:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Tesco going down the tubes is a decade overdue, the Orwellian filth should have taken their business to the discounters 5 years ago.

grim up north

My local store had plenty of groceries available today. No shortage of anything as far as I was concerned. And it was that busy they'd put the traffic lights on when I came out

OvaSees

Quote from: King1999 on 17-08-21, 03:25PM
Probably be asking customers to unload wagons next.Pathetic.
Probably. With all the other work the company has pushed on to them the customers are just the same as dot com pickers now with the addition that they do our Mystery Shopper surveys as well. They're not served they're processed, just another cog in the wheel.

VladPutin

As bad as things are, they're about to get much worse. The UK is running very low on carbon dioxide which is used in, among other things, meat production and fizzy drinks. Some very senior people in both government and business are getting rather worried. The phrase being used is, "Black Swan Event".

penguin

All over the media today, emergency meetings on the said shortage, one expects panic buying to be the headlines tomorrow, you can see it coming a mile off.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

Back to beans on toast with a glass of tap water, very healthy  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Well that did not take long, top of the Daily Mail website tonight, story on empty shelves and it shows an empty produce department in a Tesco superstore.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

VladPutin

Quote from: Nomad on 18-09-21, 07:31PM
Back to beans on toast with a glass of tap water, very healthy  :)

Christ, you must be almost as old as me if you can remember that! :o ;D

[admin]I have a strong suspicion that as regards our ages the inverse would be more accurate. :'([/admin]

horatiocain

Given the news that unite have rejected the pay rise offered at their distribution sites the chain is going to be squeezed even further.

Panic buying had been going on a few weeks in my local superstores people buying 4 or 5 trolleys of shopping in a week to stock their cupboards up.

VladPutin

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the supermarket.  >:D

Panic Buying begins in 5...4...3...

Hammer10

No panic buying total opposite sales are way down not even hitting a million a week we were taking 1.3 million durung COVID.

Stevil

we have panic buyers in already, the store was absolutely heaving today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk