Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 303
Total: 304

BWS, Health beauty, Frozen. Moved to days

Started by Vinny1985, 26-04-21, 03:52AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

Our frozen backstock is around 30 cages. Only one person contracted for 5 shifts ;D. Not mentioning loose stock due brocken fridges or leftovers from promo change.

Littlething

Hows the stores getting on thats trialling the twilight shifts?

Jasperjakes

Quote from: Littlething on 10-05-21, 09:16PM
I would like to know how this is working out too if anyone has any knowledge if their store is doing the trial. Thank you

jester21

At our store the twilight shift has always done bws, health & Beauty, Frozen

With the frozen they really have 1 person who does it and it various on what time he comes in and does it,

Our store always done on twilights or before that it was nights but it must be 2 years i think since its been twilights,

Jasperjakes

Quote from: Jasperjakes on 24-05-21, 03:29PM
Quote from: Littlething on 10-05-21, 09:16PM
I would like to know how this is working out too if anyone has any knowledge if their store is doing the trial. Thank you
sorry i didnt read the post by littlethings correctly.  i was asking about the trial of nights to days for Bws. H&B and freezers.....does anyone know how its going in the stores who are involved in the trial of nights to days not twilight. Thank you.

Johnzo88

Thats bws back on nightshift at my store. Started back on sun. Think thats 5 weeks it had been moved for. Supposedly couldnt cope on days with it, aswell as frozen and h+b

Ravvers

Quote from: lordadmiral on 10-05-21, 04:30AM
Our frozen backstock is around 30 cages. Only one person contracted for 5 shifts ;D. Not mentioning loose stock due brocken fridges or leftovers from promo change.
Good grief ! There is going to a lot of products going out of date then  :(

Jasperjakes

Quote from: Johnzo88 on 26-05-21, 12:30AM
Thats bws back on nightshift at my store. Started back on sun. Think thats 5 weeks it had been moved for. Supposedly couldnt cope on days with it, aswell as frozen and h+b
hello. Did they move freezers and H&B back to nights as well or just B WS?

Johnzo88

Just booze the now. Supposedly couldnt cope with both booze and h+b, after doing the freezers 1st.  back to me doing booze myself on nights

percy1690

We are doing this in my Store.
BWS, frozen and Health and Beauty.
2 colleagues have come from nightshift.
It is working much better that when nights where filling it.
mon, tue & wed less staff in but lesser delivery. More bodies in over the weekend.
Backstock is in a much better place, all waste etc gets done better. Eliminates the nights vs days element. Helps that one of the only decent managers in our store is overseeing these departments 

kaled78

what time do they start filling these aisles in the morning?,surely .com availability is affected?

oldfashionedplayer

6am for frozen, 9am for bws and 2pm for health and beauty for ours...

From how many people at night it took to fill to how many it takes now -

Bws 1 went to 3

Frozen 2 at all times, 2 people now start at 6am for it, and it's worked up until 10pm, previously it was worked 2pm to 10pm for the backstock by 1 person

Health and beauty, went from 2 who honestly took their time and complained about the difficulty of it (now both filling cereal only all night), to 4 people during the day.. 1 night temp In afternoon, usual useless ones during day and they get dotcom to help fill later on to get it done.  ???

Overall they want to keep it according to what the feedback is so... Stupidity is something here... Lol

T.C.1

This is what I don't get with moving departments to days they double the amount of people so we're is the money saved?? Plus they expect two people to do a job where it needs four??

chris9997

The question on where they are saving money is interesting I think it is not so much about saving money it's more about making everyone accountable for the task they are given for an example on the old system filling was only done at night now they are hoping for it to change into a 24 hour operation using existing staff and trying to get to the slackers.

Jasperjakes

Does anyone know how long they take to decide on the outcome for this trial? 
Now the trial has come to an end is there anyone in "the know" who could comment on this question. Thank you.

Jasperjakes

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 04-06-21, 11:18AM

Overall they want to keep it according to what the feedback is so... Stupidity is something here... Lol

is that what has been decided just for your store or is it the outcome of the the trial over all, that they want all stores to change?
Thanks

oldfashionedplayer

For our store that's what they want, they want it to continue, the ones who did it loved it to be honest, they went from 1 person to 2 to 4 on an aisle so they didn't have to rush around and got paid their night premium... So they'd prefer if they trialed it again like that... Some have said they'd manage with the wage cut, as they've spent more time with family... But overall our management want to push it for full until stock takes then throw them on nights for a week before it every time...

T.C.1

So the white towers will be loving this if rolled out to all stores even big superstores/extras save on night prem another night manager can be ditched. It's alright saying there can take a hit in wages just give it 6 months and see if there struggling?

chris9997

Also it's stated they like it because there are 2 to 3 filling an area do you really think that will last? It will be 2 an area then you'll be on yer own.

T.C.1

Probably had a protective ring round them from checkout calls if this is rolled out as said a heat map review less staff then aspected to do checkout calls

Baba_G

Regarding the heat map can I as a CA see it as well or does it fall under the privacy policy as it has sensitive data about other colleagues?

T.C.1

If your hours or if you need to move department by your manager because of ' needs of the business' then yes

Batmanjo

Quote from: GabyM on 23-06-21, 12:58AM
Regarding the heat map can I as a CA see it as well or does it fall under the privacy policy as it has sensitive data about other colleagues?

You can see it no problem, but ask them for a copy  :D :D the easiest way to get a copy of the heat map is to compile all the working hours of members of staff on your department and hey presto you got the heatmap, if they do show you the heat map ask where it shows your breaks ? the manager that showed me was just floored and then tried to lie their way through this I let her answer and then asked why you don't just pay staff to change their hours rather than harass and cause more problems she gave me a lecture on the culture of the company and why we should work as one team, I was laughing on the inside as I didn't give a flying #### about the map.

whatajoke2019

The Heat Map is a bag of ****. Ours actually says it only needs one person on a Saturday (Provisions) to complete the routines and that's before answering service calls... :D.

We weren't a trial store but if HO decide they are going to roll it out in all stores good luck to them.... said Heat Map seemingly doesn't have the hours it is for colleagues to work on BWS, Frozen and H&B as it is-especially at the start of the week.

lordadmiral

Yeap especially when it come to areas like non food, h&b. When i went for my placement to extra those departments (17 aisles all together, excluding power aisle n seasonal one) only required 3 employees?! Where HO takes the numbers from?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk