News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:06PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

'Over Contracted' Query

Started by whatajoke2019, 28-06-21, 08:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackofinterest

Quote from: forrestgimp on 15-07-21, 08:53PM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 14-07-21, 10:40PM
Quote from: forrestgimp on 14-07-21, 09:30PM
Perhaps lackofinterest can link to somewhere official that can be quoted as saying 'a random from the internet says I dont have to so i'm not coming in' probably wont get lavender girl far.
nobody has to work NEW YEARS DAY. last time i looked new years day wasn't 3rd of january!!!!. maybe its in our tesco somewhere but i don't use it!!!

Shouting wont achieve anything, and you are as aware as the rest of us how managers will only accept official proof of anything that goes against things they believe to be true. With that in mind and your absolute conviction of what you wrote I assumed it was more than just words and you had the required proof.

Seems I was wrong. Oh and ar you really expecting people to cite 'Lackofinterest: Verylittlehelps.com' as evidence of what they tell them when saying they wont be working 1st of january.
its not a case of what managers accept. its a case of policy. 1st january is new years day. if managers don't accept that then tough s**t!!!!

seraph

its stated on your contract, make sure you actually read it when u sign it.

whatajoke2019

So one of the areas in our store that's 'over contracted' is checkouts.

Think, by the end of this month, we'll have lost around 10 flexi colleagues (either store transfers closer to home or new jobs) from tills so I wasn't expecting to see them replaced.

Couple of vacancies (albeit temporary) have now gone online. Which confused a few of us somewhat as they are planning quite a big change in our store-I can't say too much as it'd make me identifiable but they'll be very temporary contracts as the planned change kicks in next month...!

forrestgimp

Quote from: lackofinterest on 16-07-21, 01:55AM
Quote from: forrestgimp on 15-07-21, 08:53PM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 14-07-21, 10:40PM
Quote from: forrestgimp on 14-07-21, 09:30PM
Perhaps lackofinterest can link to somewhere official that can be quoted as saying 'a random from the internet says I dont have to so i'm not coming in' probably wont get lavender girl far.
nobody has to work NEW YEARS DAY. last time i looked new years day wasn't 3rd of january!!!!. maybe its in our tesco somewhere but i don't use it!!!

Shouting wont achieve anything, and you are as aware as the rest of us how managers will only accept official proof of anything that goes against things they believe to be true. With that in mind and your absolute conviction of what you wrote I assumed it was more than just words and you had the required proof.

Seems I was wrong. Oh and ar you really expecting people to cite 'Lackofinterest: Verylittlehelps.com' as evidence of what they tell them when saying they wont be working 1st of january.
its not a case of what managers accept. its a case of policy. 1st january is new years day. if managers don't accept that then tough s**t!!!!

Show us where this policy is written down, its all I am asking. No one is going to take your word for it.

lackofinterest

go to your store manager and ask to see the policy. i know i'm right :-X

lucgeo

ENOUGH!

it's on everybody's contract...written clearly...words to the effect of...

No colleague, regardless of position, HAVE to work Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day

It's your contractual agreement, not policy.

Any manager asking for proof, ask them to produce your signed contract, or show them yours.

Any manager stating that January 1st IS NOT New Year's Day, ask for that statement in writing, signed by them!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

whatajoke2019

Nomad would you mind locking this thread please?

It's gone completely off topic, that's all.

Thank you.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk