News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:27PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 307
Total: 311

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasMonkey

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 05-08-21, 10:52PM
Couldn't agree more forrest.

Was told about some SL vacancies in a store within a few miles from where I live (Extra) and I'm wondering how they'll get around someone finishing at midnight at one day only to be expected back five hours later.

Nice to know policies are followed and the health and safety of customers and colleagues is of high priority  :thumbdown:.

If anyone was stupid enough to do that type of shift pattern they need some kind of medical help not only is it illegal it's also extremely bad for your health

whatajoke2019

Completely agree Gasmonkey.

penguin

Tesco have got away with it for years in express with the infamous late to early an 11pm or midnight finish then back for half five in the morning, obviously this does not happen every day but for shift leaders it happens more than you might think, and yes it's totally wrong but what can you do if people put up with such treatment.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

adamski26

It's called sticking up for yourself, & you just tell the store manger that you're not prepared too do & more importantly you won't. But then, as I did just drop an email to your area manager - sit back & watch the fire works. Tesco policy is you need 11 hours rest period between shifts. Any decent area manager or people partner WILL ensure that this happens

forrestgimp

In my experience its not the store manager doing any of this but the line managers who want an easy life, however the stand up for yourself bit is spot on.

penguin

Quote from: adamski26 on 29-08-21, 12:55AM
It's called sticking up for yourself, & you just tell the store manger that you're not prepared too do & more importantly you won't. But then, as I did just drop an email to your area manager - sit back & watch the fire works. Tesco policy is you need 11 hours rest period between shifts. Any decent area manager or people partner WILL ensure that this happens

I did stick up for myself and refused to do late to earlies, sadly some of those I worked with just went along with it and never said anything, not much you can do when people wont help themselves.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Biscuit tin

Ultimately most people agree to it to get an early finish the next day. Otherwise they'd be stuck on nothing but back to back late nights to fit in the 11 hour gap between shifts.

whatajoke2019

I did a stint as a Shift Leader in Express for a short while and did make the mistake (one off!) of finishing late and starting early again the next morning.

I appreciate it happens a lot more than some of us perhaps realise and needless to say I didn't do it again before I left.

Mind you, the then store manager was the kind who'd been heavily overmanned when they were in and as soon as they finished for the day it was 'one on one' and they wondered why some of us got easily annoyed...

thor god of thunder

we have heard the new superstore structure is being implimented by Christmas this year. will be interesting since we have quite a few managers and as far as I am aware none are leaving.

RocketRonnie100

Jeez! Merry Christmas people. Surely they can't do this? Consultation periods etc?

wacko2021

What structure is that Thor?

lordadmiral

Localgirl69

Quote from: Mcmac on 07-03-21, 04:26PM
Currently a shift leader in express and on options to be a manager in superstore or extra. Is there really any point now? Managers who leave are going to be replaced with shift leaders so there'll be no more managerial vacancies for the foreseeable?

I've been waiting to participate in the BS that is development across formats. SL to TM always been one sided. Large stores push colleagues to develop from CA to TM whilst we in express are expected to jump into a completely new operation from Express SL to to TM placements. My placement SM was signed off today after jumping from CA to TM in large. I've given up now with stores and applied for the HGV apprenticeship

NightAndDay

SL-TM is an an insignificant jump highlighted by the salary difference between the 2 (entry level TMs, not experienced ones).

Most SLs that get promoted get a placement as an Express SM, it's a zig-zag type of jump, SL-TM is about as insignificant a jump as TM-Express SM and Express SM-Lead Manager.

newdawnrising

Hi. We are very close the the right amount of managers to now move the the structure. Can anyone say how many TMs they have, what their job title is and what departments fall under that title. I am intrigued in the variation between stores. Is there a document that says what departments go together or is it up to the SM
Thanks

Morris999

Each store will be different depending on size, however every store manager was given documentation to explain each step of the way.
This document explains who has which department depending on how many managers the store is currently over by, and will change as a manager leaves, until the store hits the target managers.
Ours went through it with us at the time for our store and explained that the expectation was that every couple of years the remaining managers would rotate round the store.

5fdp

Please make sure all extra mgrs are wearing their extra thick pants a week on Monday.
Thats when annocements get made for structure and title changes in extras. Watch this space.

Morris999

All Managers in Extras were done in March with Managers in Superstores and Team Support.
Now if you genuinely know something spill the beans otherwise there's no need for unwanted speculation and scaremongering.
And no I'm not a manager in a Extra Store.

5fdp

Shift leaders and buy out. I will say no more.

ForCryingOutLoud

Please could someone explain the Shift Leader role. Thanks

RocketRonnie100

Sounds like the next cull is on it's way.

Hopefully they look at the overpaid store managers as well.

Redshoes

Quote from: ForCryingOutLoud on 22-09-21, 10:20PM
Please could someone explain the Shift Leader role. Thanks

Shift leaders run the shop floor and hold the duty phone.

forrestgimp

Miss out the floor and you have it.

VladPutin

Beanny

If there is a buy out and structure change implemented in a few weeks time and the company wants us to accept a new title and a reduced salary scale then all the good will that comes from covering the store over the Xmas period and new year period will disappear I am sure because the store managers take the p**s in normal times!  >:D >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk