News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 10:18AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,417
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 492
Total: 495

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlehelpsvery

If store manager isn't working correct amount of hours protector line it

forrestgimp

That gets sent straight back to him, I have done it before and watched him run round the store trying to find out who sent in the report.

RocketRonnie100

@forrestgimp exactly. We know how this machine works. Unfortunately.

NightAndDay

Retail is in the grand scheme of things  one above claiming the dole. I know one SM who was forced to resign for fraud and embezzlement who shortly after was hired at Booker as an area manager. Retail management is a who's who of Milquetoast humans, because let's face it, if you're a Retail manager life can't have gone the way you wanted it.

[admin]Throwing insults at persons singularly or in groups is not the aim of VLH.[/admin]

ForCryingOutLoud

Hi, do/ did the SM's have any discretion in how certain departments were amalgamated, for example, GM & clothing is now managed by 1 TM, in another store this is GM with Grocery, CSD now with PFS etc. Was this prescribed to the SM or their decision which ones to merge? I know this is based on overall headcount but wondered how the decision was reached regarding which ones to merge.

ladyAmarch

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.  A number of us former team supports have left the company after being given the buy out, when we were giving it I knew I'd be leaving before the end of the year and asked if I had to take it or not, I didn't want too.  I was told to make a choice and took it, I asked how to pay it back at the time and they said not to worry it would be in instalments. On my final payslip last week, the top says Basic Hours £177.56, under that it says buy out recovery -2490.34. Overpayment Pensionable - £2087.90 and then subtotal -£224.98.

It then says about Holiday Pay final disembursements where they've given me £198 and then I come out with in my bank on Friday £112.00. Now i've had a letter from Tesco's debt collectors asking me for a cheque of £1500. I asked for weeks before and after I left on information surrounding the buy out and how to pay it back, no one has explained the payslip to me and I was wondering if they've put anyone else in the same situation. Another team support has now left and is awaiting his final pay but they can't just assume we have kept the buy out because after tax I did not come out with enough to cover the £1500 due to the astronomical tax I paid after it was mixed with my basic wage. What makes it worse is we were told if we left we could pay it back in instalments. 

Thanks

newdawnrising

Quote from: ForCryingOutLoud on 28-09-21, 04:31PM
Hi, do/ did the SM's have any discretion in how certain departments were amalgamated, for example, GM & clothing is now managed by 1 TM, in another store this is GM with Grocery, CSD now with PFS etc. Was this prescribed to the SM or their decision which ones to merge? I know this is based on overall headcount but wondered how the decision was reached regarding which ones to merge.

I asked a similar question And was told there was a pack that the sm follows. We are at our prescribed amount of five tm. But yet we have a tm with 70 heads, one with 50, one with 30, two with 20. So the headcount are not even.

Redshoes

The first version said to split the teams into even head counts but this resulted in splitting up areas that need to be together and gave areas mixed up areas in a very odd way. For example

Checkouts was an area on its own, checkouts and checkouts only.
Self service and Off till went to the grocery manager
PFS went to GM along with CSD
Cash office to fresh food

After a few days it changed to staying as it is with just a name change. The original brief took away the big head count for the front end manager and the team support. The team support have remained gone but head count is as big as it ever was at the front end. One manager with roughly half the store, excluding dot.com.

ForCryingOutLoud

It makes no sense to me at all, managers have been moved into areas they don't want to manage and have very few headcount per manager and less responsibility, leaving behind a department that has been merged, resulting in that manager having even more responsibility & 2 areas to run.My view is that it is discretionary based on SM's perception of competency. I could be wrong but if it is being chopped and changed it smacks of favouritism/ nepotism and a willingness to listen to feedback from some and not others. ???

Morris999

I was briefed about the first and then the updated version a few days later.
My SM made it clear that once the store had reached the required amount of managers then the colleagues would be divided up equally!!
It was the only thing that stopped the Checkout Manager going off sick and putting in a grievance against the company!

The checkout manager was on holiday at the time so was briefed last, and only heard about the original brief after the follow up.

They have also lost the Team Support and due to the Service's manager leaving they are now looking after CSD and PFS too operationally.

If it turns out that they do not lose colleagues next year then a grievance will be going in against the company.

I will point out the original brief was only changed due to the HO Fresh teams kicking off over it all if rumours are to be believed!

YourMum69

Quote from: ladyAmarch on 28-09-21, 06:10PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.  A number of us former team supports have left the company after being given the buy out, when we were giving it I knew I'd be leaving before the end of the year and asked if I had to take it or not, I didn't want too.  I was told to make a choice and took it, I asked how to pay it back at the time and they said not to worry it would be in instalments. On my final payslip last week, the top says Basic Hours £177.56, under that it says buy out recovery -2490.34. Overpayment Pensionable - £2087.90 and then subtotal -£224.98.

It then says about Holiday Pay final disembursements where they've given me £198 and then I come out with in my bank on Friday £112.00. Now i've had a letter from Tesco's debt collectors asking me for a cheque of £1500. I asked for weeks before and after I left on information surrounding the buy out and how to pay it back, no one has explained the payslip to me and I was wondering if they've put anyone else in the same situation. Another team support has now left and is awaiting his final pay but they can't just assume we have kept the buy out because after tax I did not come out with enough to cover the £1500 due to the astronomical tax I paid after it was mixed with my basic wage. What makes it worse is we were told if we left we could pay it back in instalments. 

Thanks

I've recently left. Not been asked to pay anything back. All they took was holiday pay. P60 had my whole year to date wage including the payout.

Aunt sally

Has anyone got any actual facts about shift leaders or is it all just made up to scare people

lessforlife

Is there any news about an announcement tomorrow? Or is it all just hearsay

Buster99

Quote from: ladyAmarch on 28-09-21, 06:10PM
Hi,

Thanks

I'm a team support who took the pay out, in our store they asked the other team support to take her job back as they was short even though she took the pay out, she she got paid out now back into the same job haha, place is a joke now,

Buster99

Last time I was on here I was losing my job as a team support and took the pay out and now back as a driver, all the stress of not knowing if to take the job or not I can honestly say thank god I took the buy out and now back driving, we all thought there was gonna be completely new role called fulfilment leader or somat, basically there isn't any change to the team support role for Dotcom, it's just new faces doing the role who don't even do that, the whole place has gone down hill, gone through about 3 managers, dropped down to 9 vans from 12, nobody cares at all vans get cancelled all the time drivers leaving, got no team 5s, drivers in Adidas tracky  bottoms, holiday forms taking months to get a reply. Been at Tesco 15 years never seriously thought about leaving I'm locked in for 18 month now but I bet I wouldn't even get a card if I left, completely different place than what it was

Donk180

Is there any managers on here that are on the new structure with shift leads? In our store we're in this awkward stage where we're not quite at the 4 managers needed to operate at the new structure but also don't have shift leads. I have just inherited all of the fresh areas in a store that takes 700k a week with no shift leads and to be honest it's unbearable and I'm hardly scratching the surface to what's expected but feel I have been set up to fail. Basically does it improve when shift leads support? Work life balance seems impossible at this point

Rad

You shouldnt be doing duty shifts at least when the SLs start

AudiTTman

Manager in our store has 40+ colleagues, fresh has half that and stock less than 10 same as grocery, it's a farce really and they still need to lose 2 team Managers!!

Redshoes

Quote from: Donk180 on 05-10-21, 11:59AM
Is there any managers on here that are on the new structure with shift leads? In our store we're in this awkward stage where we're not quite at the 4 managers needed to operate at the new structure but also don't have shift leads. I have just inherited all of the fresh areas in a store that takes 700k a week with no shift leads and to be honest it's unbearable and I'm hardly scratching the surface to what's expected but feel I have been set up to fail. Basically does it improve when shift leads support? Work life balance seems impossible at this point

It's hardest before you reach the new structure. The way things are split up and the workload is vastly different between the managers. In my store the front end checkout manager now has 50 colleagues and the GM manager 9 but it's the GM manager that is stressed. The checkout manager had team support taken away at the same time they were handed extra areas, PFS being one that was going through it's structure change.  It feels like something is coming. They said on here that there was going to be an announcement last Monday on structure change, so far nothing. Our group has been running training sessions for up and coming shift leaders and there is a poster gone up about upskill training opportunities, forget the exact wording. It feels like something is coming.

forrestgimp

Upskill training is a euphemism for do more work for the same pay and say thanks.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Forrestgimp you just got a substantial pay rise what are you complaining about.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Tesla on 07-10-21, 10:23AM
Forrestgimp you just got a substantial pay rise what are you complaining about.

Oh yea forgot about that

BUY TESLA STOCK

forrestgimp

You been busy for a change

forrestgimp

go wash your mouth out with soap, We do not have language like that in here thank you very much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk