News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:39PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 303
Total: 307

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

They are used to sheep and do not know what to do when you stand up for yourself, they will be waiting for head office to tell them what to do.

whatajoke2019

Couldn't agree more forrest.

Was told about some SL vacancies in a store within a few miles from where I live (Extra) and I'm wondering how they'll get around someone finishing at midnight at one day only to be expected back five hours later.

Nice to know policies are followed and the health and safety of customers and colleagues is of high priority  :thumbdown:.

Davethebave

Surely it will be the same as a twilight store now, ie if your closing at midnight, you aren't on early the next day.

Shift leaders are a good idea, get rid of some lazy managers. But the shift leader role deserves more £££

Night Owl

Had a meeting today with SM and People Partner, basically told to accept a step down to shift leader with a small lump sum, if l don't l was told l would be placed on SYP,  though l have always had a met review, then by Xmas l would be out of a job with no lump sum. I was told they want my decision by week 26, which is the last chance team managers have to step down to shift leader with a lump sum payment.
I was also told SD wants all his stores on new structure by half year, and he is now applying pressure to store managers and people partners to make sure it happens.
Any other Team managers been given this ultimatum?

NightAndDay

I would get this in writing, threats of SYP essentially shows that legally they don't have a leg to stand on, oh how I would love to be the judge that forces Tesco into liquidation.

King1999

Bully boy tactics, hypocrisy is all the place runs on.Its a pathetic joke.Ask them in your next meeting is this legal and show me evidence it is.They've basically threatened you in this meeting.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: Night Owl on 06-08-21, 05:02PM
Had a meeting today with SM and People Partner, basically told to accept a step down to shift leader with a small lump sum, if l don't l was told l would be placed on SYP,  though l have always had a met review, then by Xmas l would be out of a job with no lump sum. I was told they want my decision by week 26, which is the last chance team managers have to step down to shift leader with a lump sum payment.
I was also told SD wants all his stores on new structure by half year, and he is now applying pressure to store managers and people partners to make sure it happens.

Why are you being asked to step down?
Are you telling us the whole story?
I would seriously suggest you get a rep in the next meeting. I dont mean your Usdaw rep instore, who in my opinion will be of very little use, but the regional rep, or a rep from another trade union.
Or you raise a grievance for bullying.
I must add I get frustrated when people use this forum to seek advice, but then do nothing about it.
There are people out there who can help you. You just need to find them.

Night Owl

I was told the meeting was informal, no notes etc. They suggested l wasn't up to managing 30 people under the new structure, l currently manage 12, but have previously managed 25, with no performance issues on my part. Store manager said if he gets a missed review from the SD, all Team Managers would be on SYP, to prove he is fulfilling his role, the suggestion was l would then be managed out of the store by the year end, with no option of a lump sum.
I may not currently tick all the boxes, on my role pack, but then none of the Team or 2 Lead managers do in our store, we never discuss EVM or waste as we are the top Store  in the group on those 2 measures.
Store managers current steer is for all managers to focus on the SD's red lights.
I was also told our store is one of only a few in our group still way over structure, and the SD wants the situation sorted ASAP.

stockstaffreduction

Nightowl.

What you are saying is a common theme with regards to Store Manager behaviour.
Your SD firstly is not God or someone important in the world. Before you all disagree with me, they are people with a large reponsibility, and thats the same in a lot of organisations.

This nonsense about every manager being a miss or red performer because the store manager is (a miss) is total rubbish. If you are performing in your job role and keeping your evidence of this, then you have a good case to argue your e.o.y grade. I can assure you this tactic was tried in a large extra store £1.7m a week store a short time ago and a lot of managers challenge their grades.
The issue was the store manager and the Team Managers and Leads suffered because the SD had issues with the store manager. The S.M. no longer works for Tesco.

You must not have anymore informal chats and always take someone in with you. Please take this advice onboard.
I am not defending anyones performance issues, however if something needs to be done, it needs to be done as per process and be fair

forrestgimp

Quote from: Night Owl on 06-08-21, 05:02PM

I would not go into any more meetings without someone there to represent you from now on them, Threatening you like that is not on.

VladPutin

It's funny when managers turn on each other. ;D

Reminds me of the old copper joke about criminals murdering each other. They refer to it as NHI: No Humans Involved. >:D

RocketRonnie100

Once again, reading the above my jaw is on the floor regarding the store manager and the (useless) people partner putting all the team managers on SYP, and the general lack of care for the person that's being told they will be out of a job by the end of the year.

How on earth is that supporting the individual?

I can't believe he/she has any right to do it?

Once again the fear culture in T0sc0 is horrendous and is making some people fear for their jobs when actually that is far from the case. However that's what they want people  to believe.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Fringegirl

Hi I received this confirmation from the union and my people partner today.
The issue of off till activity was raised with the business and Tesco agreed that those who did not want to take on the off till activity could step down to a checkout assistant role on the same hours, or another role in store if one was available.

I would not therefore expect the store to be issuing notice to any colleagues to enforce the off till activity if they are willing to agree to step down into a different role.

This option was included in the comms that went to stores to support conversations on each of the occasions that individual consultations were extended. I'm pretty sure it was also communicated before the extensions.

whatajoke2019

How would that work, out of interest, if (say) you were contracted to 25 hours of Team Support/Off Till and a vacancy came up on Provisions but it was 15 hours?

Given they keep harping on about stores being over contracted I can't imagine there would be many roles elsewhere, if at all?

I just hope that everyone who is affected (yet again) is able to get the answers to their questions instead of 'bully boy' tactics.

No doubt some of these people who are carrying out said threats will be the next ones to be told 'bye bye'-they'll soon realise they have no friends then.

forrestgimp

Well in that case your job becomes a 15 hour a week job should you apply and take it.

NightAndDay

A loss of 1/3 of contracted hours usually is something that should be fought against rather than blindly accepted, it's just a further diminishment of workers rights.

Hammer10

I can't wait to see this company fail by cutting staff levels who listens to stupid computer programmes when serving customers or should I say not serving customers in Tesco's case no wonder customers are shopping elsewhere if they continue in this vein they will end up like Woolworths.

NightAndDay

As long as undue downwards pressures continues to be applied by the shareholders (Of which to different degrees, most of us here probably are) then cutting will always be that short term sugar crash to appease them. Spending money is anathema in this sort of corporate paradigm.

YourMum69

I had no choice. I had to stay on as off till activity. I took the buyout. Told if I leave the company I have to repay the remaining difference! No offer of a checkout job. Told I was trained as off till. No hours on shop floor. Even though they are recruiting out side for twighlight 😡

forrestgimp

Seems really bad the way this has been handled, very unprofessional.

penguin

As per every restructure Tesco have done in the last 20 years, credit where its due there consistent if nothing else.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Fringegirl

Quote from: YourMum69 on 09-08-21, 03:30PM
I had no choice. I had to stay on as off till activity. I took the buyout. Told if I leave the company I have to repay the remaining difference! No offer of a checkout job. Told I was trained as off till. No hours on shop floor. Even though they are recruiting out side for twighlight 😡

Were you ever given a copy of the briefing? It stated all Team Support had a choice of the 3 options. I'd put a grievance in!

YourMum69

Never given anything. Never signed anything. I'm really tempted however what would actually be done?

HJBL

I'm a colleague that's not accepted the new terms of contract , had a meeting today as today was final date before being forced over to new contract. Been sent to colleague relations department apparently to get a final decision/next move anyone else out there in the same position thanks

YourMum69

There is no new contract. You don't sign a thing. Your job title changes to customer assistant on you wage slip. They've treated us like s***.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk