Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:50PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

How to access your @tesco.com Email address?

Started by hige, 10-07-19, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

person7

Quote from: helpme on 26-10-21, 09:58PM
At the moment due to the hacking at the weekend you can only log in on designated tesco devices.

i wish they would have told us at least. i was thinking have i dont something wrong when it blocked me out. i wanted to check my manager in overtime correctly on myshift (as theres been few times the times are correct but the hours/break is wrong.. eg a 9 hour shift listing as 8.45 (15 min break) or like once when i did a 5 hour shift and it gave me a full 1 hour break. - so i wanted to make sure there was no mistakes for an upcoming overtime shift, but even my manager couldn't check it and just said "take 30 minute break as normal and i'll check it when its back up"

but the big issue is what will happen accessing work and pay for our payslips, hopefully its all fixed by then... - i also wonder if our data is at risk too.

Morris999

Quote from: msl1791 on 26-10-21, 10:27PM
Has it come down from the top brass that its only tesco devices?
At the moment due to the hacking at the weekend you can only log in on designated tesco devices.

Not true at all, I can access everything on my IPhone,IPad and PC at home, none of which are Tesco designated devices, but then I did set up the 2 way authentication when it first asked me.

whatajoke2019

I *think* I may be able to help, I don't know.

If you are at work and log into Store App5 and launch T05c0 Help and search for 'How to change or update your second f@ctor' and click on the URL shown.

Click on Security Factors and 'Add Factor' and enter your mobile phone number. You'll get a text with a code to enter. After a wee while you should lose the error message.

Should also work from home on a desktop/laptop/tablet too.

chris9997

it would of been  more helpful if they removed the option of leaving the 2 factor till later and forcing the activation instead of disabling access, altogether.

msl1791

Whatajoke19- do you have a link to this? Im currently at home on holiday

1982dave

If anyone phones the help stores help desk it tells you when you press option number 3 that the issue with our Tesco inform work and pay etc etc not working on phones is being investigated and can you use stores computers for now so I'd guess it's prob to to with the aparent hack issue over weekend as both went down at the same time approx . And even if you haven't accepted the second tier authentication process Tesco cannot block you from using the site if you haven't agreed to it

1982dave

Quote from: chris9997 on 27-10-21, 09:30AM
it would of been  more helpful if they removed the option of leaving the 2 factor till later and forcing the activation instead of disabling access, altogether.
they would have to have given you prior warning if you did not agree to the 2 tier authentication it would block you permanently

1982dave

Quote from: Morris999 on 27-10-21, 07:13AM
Quote from: msl1791 on 26-10-21, 10:27PM
Has it come down from the top brass that its only tesco devices?

Not true at all, I can access everything on my IPhone,IPad and PC at home, none of which are Tesco designated devices, but then I did set up the 2 way authentication when it first asked me.
but yes it is true the company cannot block use if you haven't agreed to the authentication that's 100% fact  they would have to have given you warning to do so which never happend and if people contact stores help desk it tells you on option 3 that there's a issue with store apps working on phones etc etc to use stores npc for now

brucie

Still having problem logging in from home will not accept my password , get authentication text message entering it changing password and it freezes up and times me out. Now it won't let me change password today. Trying to download benefit statement as they are not printing them this year. Been trying since Friday without success. 

msl1791

Having the same problem brucie. Freezes and times me out. Will hopfully changr my password tomorrow, luke it states.

eversor

In store, colleague wifi still lets you on everything, you need to use your tesco.com login to get on it, but means in store at least you can get on my shift and payslips

fatboy

Can't  get on it in my store using stores WiFi. I tried today, same error message comes up.

whatajoke2019

If you log onto Your Account on a work PC and open Te5co Help from there and search for what I've posted previously you should be able to enable 2FA and after a wee while lose the error message.

That's what I had to do for my Night Lead in the early hours of this morning.

@msl1791 if you google Te5c0 Store Apps (replacing the numbers with letters) it's the first search result on there  :thumbup:

1982dave

If ugoogle Tesco apps it pops you to the same poxy log in then you log in and that tells you there's a error there's something wrong as logged in on store npc earlier to check my shift and it scrolls down to bottom page before you get a look and it then tells you there's a error on there as well .. it's a tad pathetic that it's now the fifth day and it's still broke if you phone the help desk stores it tells you on option 3 to use store cpus and the outage is being investigated and it gives you a number I assume for the case but no eta

1982dave

It's funny mind if u do speak to someone in head office to ask what's going on they tell you it's not there department even tho it says the issue is under investigation they then give you the our Tesco contact email and ask you to email them with you're issue then they email you back saying only to contact them for marketing preferences lol and in the email you have links if you having trouble logging in to click when you do you're back to square 1

surlaroute

First official word I've seen on this (being locked out and on holiday as can't be a unique case n why it's so infuriating me it's not being seen or considered as a bigger issue) on twitter today:

Hi Karen, the http://ourtesco.com error is getting looked at by the IT team. No definite timescale for when this will be fixed I'm afraid. Thanks - Ian

https://twitter.com/Tesco/status/1453271490036649992

1982dave

That's about right LOL, it's pathetic really unless you use store npc you cannot do anything, even though my shift seems to be broke as well.

lackofinterest

tesco I.T team?. it'll never get sorted >:D >:D :-X

lackofinterest

fcuking head orifice!! complete waste of space >:D :-X

chris9997

Surely if the problem is with the 2 factor authentication the there should be a way to reintroduce this and remove the original do it later button.
Unless it had less to do with this and more to do with the weekend hacking.

1982dave

It seems like it has zero to do with the authentication more jack as my shift and other apps when u log in on npc are no longer working properly

1982dave

Spell check it looks as if it's to do with the weekend hack as even when you log in on store npc you cannot access my shift and other apps.

fatboy

Just received the weekly ourtesco bulletin email & not even a mention of the ourtesco site being down.....pathetic!!

FarmerFred

I got booted out yesterday & no amount of faffing could get things up and running, but having been in today & retried whilst connected to the "Colleague WiFi" I was able to get in. Disable WiFi or switch to the non-colleague WiFi & no access, re-enable & it's fine, Inform is currently fully working via my home Internet, so presumably uses a time restricted token generated at login. My current policy is that I will enable the Wi-Fi only when I need to as I'm not happy with the possibility of big T potentially tracking my data/usage.

1982dave

8 days and this still haven't been fixed it's a tad alarming  really phone help desk there's a pre recorded message stating that there's a issue then they tell you Ito email our Tesco it's nothing to do with them then when you email them you get same generic email about how to change passwords for some reason .. in work yesterday and a few staff were saying that the issue has 100% been fixed but my self and a lot still cannot acsess it . Chances of it being up and running by pay day lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk