Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:48AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

How to access your @tesco.com Email address?

Started by hige, 10-07-19, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruff

I still can't sign in to ourtesco.com

Keeps saying password is wrong when i know it isn't

Redshoes

Password may not comply. You now need a stronger password than you do to sign into your bank account. It needs a cap, a symbol, a number and upper and lower case letters.

1982dave

You would think when you try logging in if you haven't done the 2 tier thing it would just automatically pop us since you are putting you're details in anyway.. well done the thing with adding my mobile yest morning on mpc and still not working for me but someone else done it and they were immediately text when they logged in

Anglia88

Okay here's where I am at. Bear with me as I try to explain as best I can. I was seeing the "cannot access from this IP" message, so I registered the 2 step authentication Monday whilst in store on a work computer. I then accessed it fine on my android tablet at home 48hrs later on Wednesday.

So the 2 step authentication had been set up and was working fine as I logged in several times Wednesday and again on Thursday morning, each time I was prompted to enter the code sent to my mobile which I did and each time I get in no problem, although I still cannot access the colleague room part as I mentioned before I just get the message "we're sorry something went wrong", the only things I can access now is help and my shift.

But here is where things get weird. I logged in again at home Thursday evening, entered my password and I got straight in, no code sent to my mobile and no prompt to enter it to verify to gain access, just straight in after entering my password. Tried again a few times and again each time straight in, no text message. So I cleared my cache on the chrome browser on my tablet, tried again, this time I get the 2 step authentication and get sent a text code, and enter that to get in.

I've now just tried again this evening to get in and again, straight in with no prompt to enter the code and no text sent to my mobile, just straight in after entering my password. The 2 step authentication is clearly set up as it says so in my profile and I'm able to get in now whereas before I was getting the cannot access from this IP message. I don't understand this at all?

msl1791

When I sign in on my pc or phone at home I get the notification from the app. This is when I accept it.  I like everyone cannot access payslips etc from the onelogin app. But when I enter our Tesco in the google search engine, it goes straight in and I can view my payslips.  It's very odd.

1982dave

My shift leader did the mobile thing for the authentication yesterday morning but still not received anything when I log in, he literally did it on his phone and it worked instantly.  I have noticed on stores npc that my shift will not work as well, when you click on it it scrolls to bottom of the page extremely fast then says sorry there's a fault.
I enquired about this and senior management and store manager said there's still an outage which when you phone help desk it still tells you.  So this is going cause a lot of headaches come pay day if you can't access wage slips at all, union rep in my store had told everyone that if you cannot get wage slip viewed online or on npc then you have to be given paper copy, just got a strange feeling Friday is going be a nightmare.

whatajoke2019

In terms of passwords they've also strengthened the rules around that too.

For example if it was Very!Little121 and expired you could change it to Very!Little122 and it wasn't a problem; it now comes up with an error message along the lines of too similar to your previous password.

StinkyPoo

I went on the MPC Thurs, set up the MFA, entered my phone number, got  a text, entered that code into MPC then logged out. Tried 48 hours later at home and I can access Our Tesco website and view pay slip/ uniform etc

1982dave

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 06-11-21, 09:37PM
I went on the MPC Thurs, set up the MFA, entered my phone number, got  a text, entered that code into MPC then logged out. Tried 48 hours later at home and I can access Our Tesco website and view pay slip/ uniform etc
you're extremely lucky I logged indone  my number for the text to log in Thurs still not had anything it may be hit and miss my shift leader had it instantly but there's atleast 5-6 of us all logged in done the number for the text not one is us have been lucky

Scruff

How are we meant to log in and check our payslips with all this c**p going on!

1982dave

It's not going to be great Thurs Friday for anyone who is on week off and has this issue, first they will see is when their wages hit bank, it does seem very hit & miss.  Done my phone number for the 2 tier nonsense but nothing.

1982dave

Log in to colleague Wi-Fi instructions pop up on top page can do it on your phone it's easy enough use Tesco log in to acsess it sorted

1982dave

Ooh forget that went through the whole prosess  myself on colleague Wi-Fi doing the security stuff verification by text now I not in work can't log in but can when connected to store colleague wifi

1982dave

Someone with correct info plz  does anyone know logged in on colleague Wi-Fi clicked on security links again gave my mobile number in was text then had acsess to our Tesco now not in work can't to nothing at all do I need to do the text garbage all the time when I'm at work or will after 24 48 hours be able do it at home ????

surlaroute

can I just say I love this thread in particular but this site in general more than every right now because like everyone in this thread (except the magical few, as usual) I can't get in even though I know how I'm supposed to get in  and I'm sure it works for the magical few and I would've asked while I was in this week on my part time night shifts except they were literally functioning on 50% staff and I didn't even see a manager all night. There's this whole perception/reality thing washing over the entire world increasingly the past 5 years or so n it's just bewildering to me anyone who doesn't recognise it, and Tesco falls under it. But yeh, I love this site because right now it's the only thing stopping me from deciding I'm completely insane and doing something stupid (cos I love seeing the people who are even taking the steps I can't find out that even those steps aren't necessarily all it takes, because this company is a f-ing nightmare)

[admin]£2 donation would help keep VLH going, 0.547p a day :)[/admin]

sunshineman

In work Friday, will my iine manager be able to sort this out. It says when i try and log in to contact my local support, god knows who that is. I do not have two step verification set up and don't know how to do it. i wanted to order a new uniform and also be able to check my wages on thursday

chris9997

still no word from tesco h/o or usdaw come fridays there will be a lot of work for the managers to do when everyone asks for there payslip to be printed off (this appears to be simple on company machine) its just the time it will take to allow all staff access to the computer to do so in company time.

Johnzo88

Does any1 know wot to put in the domain field, when trying to access colleague wifi for samsung/android phones? Iphone is easy enough to log in with, but android asks for a domain?

Brez

Morris999

For everyone who is still struggling, claiming there managers know nothing about it etc, here's an idiot guide to doing it yourself.

1. You need to be instore
2. You need your mobile phone on you and know your own phone number
3. You will need to use a MPC( store computer)
4. Make sure everyone else is logged out
5. Login with your Tesco.com ID
6. In the search bar at the top right, Type in Manager
7. Select login manager from the 3 options
8. Select Security authentication/factor from the options on the left of screen
9. Select Add factor from the small rectangle box in upper middle of screen
10. Select Text/SMS message
11. Change the USA flag to the UK one in the drop down box
12. Type in your mobile number in the box but without the first 0
13. Type in the Code Tesco has sent you, it's upper case sensitive and if there's an O or 0 is 99% of the Time a Zero.
14. It should now say successful or something along those lines.
15. Wait 48 working hours and your good to go(doesn't include weekends!)
16. You will need to enter a txt code once a day going forward when accessing Tesco apps etc on your personal devices.

Obviously there was other security factor options but the above is the easiest for most colleagues.

In my store we have set up well over 100 colleagues this way and everyone can now access the apps etc, bar the ones waiting 48 hours.

BUY TESLA STOCK

[admin]Please do not quote immediately prior post. we've just read it.[/admin]

What?

StinkyPoo

Mine works fine after using this process. However I never get a text when I use my own device!

surlaroute

Morris, thanks for calling us idiots! Why, when this whole two factor thing has been instated earlier than planned because they were HACKED, should I feel comfortable giving them my phone number just for the privilege of being able to view my payslip and order uniform etc?

NorthernJ

Earlier than planned? 2FA has been on the books for a while, also you don't need to give them your phone number you can use the oneProtect app. Alternatively you can just do it on a store computer.

surlaroute

they've given us the option which implies a point at which they would have forced it, and the forcing has come with the hacking so yes, that's earlier than planned, there should have been notice (I understand why there wasn't but still). As to the other options, I can't find that app on the iOS store, only being able to do it instore is not ideal, and my main freakin' point is that some of us, a lot of us, have never been told of these options, in fact, right now, if I made this complaint they'd probably say "it was on OurTesco" which we can't EFFING ACCESS. So stop EFFING CONDESCENDING TO US.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk