Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 09:45AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,355
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 276
Total: 277

Co-op worker sacked for giving out staff discount

Started by penguin, 27-12-23, 05:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12903809/Co-op-worker-Good-Samaritan-gave-discounts-pensioners-war-veteran-nice-SACKED-supermarket-bosses.html#comments

Overheard this being talked about on the radio earlier, radio presenter very much backing the guy but you have to question why someone would do this, however much he simply wanted to something to help people, my partner used to work for CO-OP and has told me its made very clear in the training when starting you cannot just hand out your discount to whoever you see fit.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

1982dave

Working for Tesco for a number of years I've known Tesco to do same with  staff for mis use of discount cards .. Christ back in the day when we were given the money 1£ off 5 Xmas vouchers a department manager was fired for mis use of them it's not worth the hastle and I'm sure it's in you're t&c of ya Tesco contract it's gross misconduct

oldfashionedplayer

yep, mis-use of discount card is misconduct = sacking, its normality across the board for companies, always read the policies and the terms, it'll protect you in the long run to be honest... trying to justify it as a "good samaritan" won't work either, as company mainly has a way of going about that too of if you want to get stuff that way, speak to your store manager / community champion / head office relevant department with it and something may be arranged rather than risking your job... if your going to go out, atleast go out knowing what you can claim against so you end up with something !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk