News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 01:58AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 538
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 526
Total: 527

Pension Changes

Started by burns2015, 20-04-15, 08:22AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

How much time do I spend on Here?

Am I cramping the style of another ?

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Red Rock

Duracell,

You might be cramping the style of another, but as I quoted "just wondering" on the time you must spend researching and typing articles.

I was going to nominate you for the VLH most contributed correspondent in the New Years honours list, but my vote lies else where now.

lucgeo

Duracell

Are you cramping another's style?? HELL NO!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Duracell

Apologies Red Rock, I sometimes get defensive when others are curious about my work.

I think I was in the dog house for the time it took that I wasn't doing other things.

I hate things not making sense, I prefer it not to be nonsense.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Red Rock

Duracell,

Since I joined VHL you have contributed a lot of interesting articles on here along with a few other individuals; I don't know how you can be so dedicated to this site.  But please keep scribbling away!  Regards

trigger

Red,i think i have an idea. ;D :D ;D ;D ;D
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

Duracell

Duracell.

trigger

Out of the papers sent out,regarding industrial action over pensions..only the old sites sent them back,the rest are full of eastern europeans who do as there told.
VOTE UKIP.

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 23-11-15, 07:33PM
I hate things not making sense, I prefer it not to be nonsense.

Why do the Working Time Directive, the HSE Guidelines and the Partnership Agreement come to mind?  ;)

When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Duracell

The only consistancy is the inconsistancy.

Ageism is not allowed it is a protected characteristic in the equality act.

Minimum wage different based on age.
Redundancy pay different based on age.

>:(

Duracell.

trigger

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,,i cant comment to busy . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
VOTE UKIP.

lackofinterest

can any one tell me when we will receive the letter which contains the enrollment number to opt out of the new pension plan. cheers

part of the problem

Its at the bottom of your payslip mack

silver surfer

Quote from: part of the problem on 25-11-15, 12:34PM
Its at the bottom of your payslip mack

This is incorrect. The code on the payslip is to register at the colleague room it is not your new pension enrolment number. You will have a letter from Legal & General by 5th December with enrolment information.

gomezz

Just had the letter from L&G and opted out which was easy, peasy to do, just having to keep clicking on the "Are you sure", "Are you really sure?"  "Are you really, really sure" options.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

backlash

Could someone please explain how do I opt out of the new 'retirement savings'?

gomezz

Follow the instructions in the letter.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

fargone

With the previous scheme, why was the pension deficit allowed to become so large?

Blondie1981

Perhaps the MM liked to boast about the best pension in the sector but didn't like to actually fund it...Maybe they just didn't understand the implications of the advice they received...Maybe they were just incompetent ....Who knows?...One thing is for sure, no one is going to admit is was their fault.

mexicopete

Quote from: fargone on 17-12-15, 04:06PM
With the previous schem, why was the pension deficit allowed to become so large?

Because the Trustees, did not bring the company to book, they had a duty of care to all of the Pension scheme members, but stood by and nodded everything through that was going on. These same people will most probably be the Trustees for the new scheme. I have asked about the trustees actions regarding the pension deficit on more than one occasion during the pension consultation. No answers were forthcoming despite many requests. :o :o :o
The worlds me lobster

oliver

corruption  at its best,business as usual ,just like when tesco gave usdaw thousands of pounds  to keep them going years ago and  we all know why so they can control staff easier with partnership agreement

mosquito

I have opted out of the new pension scheme, with 2016 just around the corner and possible even more uncertainty around our jobs, I didn't want to pay pension contributions for a couple of months only to be told my job would no longer exist.

tumshie

If that happened, mosquito, you could claim your money back.

silver surfer

Quote from: mosquito on 18-12-15, 11:52AM
I have opted out of the new pension scheme, with 2016 just around the corner and possible even more uncertainty around our jobs, I didn't want to pay pension contributions for a couple of months only to be told my job would no longer exist.

You should have waited till the end of Jan - you would have qualified for the bonus payment into your pension pot. If you are on 20k a year that would be about £385 for one months contribution of about £80. You would have walked away with £465 if your job came to an end and you are over 55. If you were under 55 you could collect it when you are 55. You have thrown good money away. To anyone thinking about opting out straight away - think twice - it maybe better to wait till the end of Jan.

blutopia

Just checked the website to see if my 'one-off payment' has been paid in to my account yet - it hasn't.

What my checking did reveal, though, was that my 'investment' has already gone DOWN by more than £5 in just one month!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk