News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 12:55AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 385
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Paying Overtime

Started by trivi, 01-09-22, 12:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishRacingGreen

or... as Tinks is there being trained, she could ask the person who's training her what was happening as she does not understand certain procedures..

Tinkerbell1234

Our so call admin puts herself down 4hrs pay adjustment for step up sunday gets more than the shift leader working on a sunday other dodge stuff going on

BritishRacingGreen

Then ask her why - say you don't understand - or ask the manager who signs it off.

Jeff123

I have a question managers are contracted to 36 hours a week over 5 days, yet are scheduled to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days why?
My overtime has been denied every time and I'm told I'm not entitled to a short day?
Then why is my contract and pay based on 36 hours if I'm forced to work 37.5 a week surely this is illegal

5fdp

You are entitled to take an early day or start late. Most mgrs don't take it though. If your senior mgr says your not entitled to it speak to the regional pm. Please remember you are just a number in the company. It will not fall down if you only work 36hrs.

Teddybonkers

Quote from: Jeff123 on 19-12-22, 04:40PMI have a question managers are contracted to 36 hours a week over 5 days, yet are scheduled to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days why?
My overtime has been denied every time and I'm told I'm not entitled to a short day?
Then why is my contract and pay based on 36 hours if I'm forced to work 37.5 a week surely this is illegal
Because you're working for a dodgy company who take this p**s. You really should have worked this out for yourself by now.

Sherwoodforest

There is more than the number(36)on your contract,theres also words ,try reading it,you maybe required to work over your hours etc,never known any manager have a short day if you finish on time every day thats a bonus already
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Morris999

I have the short day pretty much every week, if I don't get it one week, I'll take the extra the week after.
It's really not that difficult to take.

lucgeo

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 20-12-22, 08:30AMThere is more than the number(36)on your contract,theres also words ,try reading it,you maybe required to work over your hours etc,never known any manager have a short day if you finish on time every day thats a bonus already

However it doesn't say you will not be paid for that time  8-)

Never known a manager not taking a short day, or taking the time back another day? A management rota should be prepared in advance to include the short day of each! Are other managers not getting their short day agreement?

"If your employer fails to pay you for work done it's classed as an unauthorised deduction from wages."
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Totot

Quote from: Jeff123 on 19-12-22, 04:40PMI have a question managers are contracted to 36 hours a week over 5 days, yet are scheduled to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days why?
That will make your hourly rate closer to ca, probably is if you don't take you 1.5hr break a shift.

If your manager don't late you, you take it.It is a gross misconduct, the same if you take money from the till, your manager just take money from your pocket.

londoner83

Probably the reason why managers are not expected to clock in and out. If they did you would instantly see the huge number of hours worked for free under the current minimum of 36hrs contract

RocketRonnie100

Ahhh I remember the wonderful good old times of working for this ridiculous company.

I recall even in the depths of January being unable to do my 36 hour contacted weekly shift, because as a 'Manager' you're expected to do it. Take a 20 minute break all day and stay on for 2 hours after your shift has finished for free. Whilst the store manager who swanned in 3 hours after you started gives you a list as long as his arm before he swans off home and wants an email with pictures to say you've completed it. BollOxxx to that again.

Too add the week leading up to Christmas, no days off you were in 6 days on the trot 12 hour days, and to top that off you were 'expected' to be on call Xmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I'm so glad I left this hell hole of a company.

I feel for you all, I honestly do. Get out get another job. There's loads out there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk