News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:36PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 299
Total: 302

Any redundancy on their way.

Started by Bobmay, 29-08-22, 12:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmay

Everytime Tesco increases pay they always cut back on staff. The last pay increase they gave redundancy to bakery and those that work with fish and also removed the yearly bonus we got 1 a year. What are they cutting now since they are having less customers shop in their stores with price of goods going up to much people spending less. I strongly believe which some people might disagree that tesco will remove all mangers expect for store managers. Also more nights will be removed from more stores. Espeically ones which are no longer metro but still have them.

Nightproduceworker

Hearing that September/October could be the months for this news, same time energy bills go up aswell.

I don't this this will a major change just before christ but a plan in place or news what may come after Christmas sue to all price rises.

Our store got rid of non food, bws and frozen off nights to days, days can't handle it so now bws and frozen coming back to nights.

This I believe is store specific and not company. So I think each store may different, but for now atleast till Christmas. Nights will be gone next year march/April.

Bobmay

The same is happening now in my store which has had more than half the staff leave nights and not 1 person has come.  From 23 people on nights we have now 12 people in total with most people or part time hours.  Now it is normal to leave multiple sections untouched and cages everywhere.  In fact it is even worse in our store because by 6 than want everyone to finish so cleaning starts.  It is disaster.  In my store now they are having talks to move the delivery earlier so I believe they will get rid of nights all together and hope some people will go to Morning and evenings.

Mennsa

What's the thoughts on bakery.
Turn them all over to part bake?
I know profit wise their not doing bad but long term plan must have been to get rid of all of them.
Will they still do redundancy with these new contracts were we can be put anywhere that we are trained?

jonty

Some of the machinery used in the bakeries is no longer made and when it breaks and there's no parts available to repair, there seems to be a policy of converting bakeries with bricked equipment into bake off bakeries.

I feel that it's inevitable they'll all go to bake off one day.

Billy Budd

They have a targeted operation at Livingston DC hammering staff for unachievable 92% PI.....They want to bully us out the door...And it's causing terrible stress, especially as we won't be able to pay massive energy bills...unforgivable

Bobmay

Quote from: Mennsa on 30-08-22, 04:54PMWhat's the thoughts on bakery.
Turn them all over to part bake?
I know profit wise their not doing bad but long term plan must have been to get rid of all of them.
Will they still do redundancy with these new contracts were we can be put anywhere that we are trained?

It depends upon the stores. I believe it will be mostly down to each store.For example the bakery in my store I heard is being removed and infact the decreased the section where it was. If Tesco want people to be on new contract for different hours than they can give redundancy. Which is what I would do I would say I am not available any times except those times.

Bobmay

Quote from: Nightproduceworker on 29-08-22, 01:47PMHearing that September/October could be the months for this news, same time energy bills go up aswell.

I don't this this will a major change just before christ but a plan in place or news what may come after Christmas sue to all price rises.

Our store got rid of non food, bws and frozen off nights to days, days can't handle it so now bws and frozen coming back to nights.

This I believe is store specific and not company. So I think each store may different, but for now atleast till Christmas. Nights will be gone next year march/April.

Last time they did redundancy in 2019 they did so before Christmas.  They announced it in September and by October they started the changes and by November they got staff ready for Christmas.  So it is possible for them to cut staff numbers.

Bobmay

Quote from: Billy Budd on 30-08-22, 09:41PMThey have a targeted operation at Livingston DC hammering staff for unachievable 92% PI.....They want to bully us out the door...And it's causing terrible stress, especially as we won't be able to pay massive energy bills...unforgivable

They are doing so because staff cuts are on the way.  They will put lots of pressure on staff so they leave and they will he happy with it.  The same thing is happening on my store they are giving pressure to staff which is forcing them to leave and not be replaced.   In my store this has only started happening in the last few months before that it didn't happen.  Is this the same as your store?  Where they only started recently putting pressure on staff?

Hammer10

They put pressure on staff just go slower ,as for that pay rise we just had it is obsolete now with inflation we need at least 20% next year to catch up.

lucgeo

It's a very long and arduous process to dismiss staff for non productivity! There's 1-1 meetings, supporting your performance plan of actions, which have to be addressed within timeframes, re training, capability studies for the task, conduct v's capability etc..etc..this is for stores.
DC's may have different procedures due to their different contracts of employment?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

That's the by the book way, many a manager has successfully been promoted out of harms way by the good old chiller chat and forced resignation route.

Mrbline

On Tesco careers website site they're offering night shift leaders ????

Bigchap75

Field team redundancies across shrink partners in stores. They are going this year as shops up against it with zero hours and these lot walk in and say "let me make sure you haven't scanned a banana wrong weight in waste". Also them in DC's security managers they are getting binned with all the new technology they don't need them anymore.

Heard from SM that they will all be gone before Christmas so stop worrying about shrink!

Bobmay

Quote from: Mrbline on 31-08-22, 03:34PMOn Tesco careers website site they're offering night shift leaders ????

Some store will be removing nights this year while some next year.We will have another prsy rise in 2023 which means more redundancy.

Bobmay

Quote from: lucgeo on 31-08-22, 10:05AMIt's a very long and arduous process to dismiss staff for non productivity! There's 1-1 meetings, supporting your performance plan of actions, which have to be addressed within timeframes, re training, capability studies for the task, conduct v's capability etc..etc..this is for stores.
DC's may have different procedures due to their different contracts of employment?

Many people are generally afraid of managers so if they threaten them with kicking them out they will be afraid and leave.This is what happened in my store the manager didnt follow the procedure instead she put pressure on staff threatened them which forced more than 15 people to leave.With not 1 being replaced.

Bobmay

Quote from: Bigchap75 on 31-08-22, 08:34PMField team redundancies across shrink partners in stores. They are going this year as shops up against it with zero hours and these lot walk in and say "let me make sure you haven't scanned a banana wrong weight in waste". Also them in DC's security managers they are getting binned with all the new technology they don't need them anymore.

Heard from SM that they will all be gone before Christmas so stop worrying about shrink!

Mutliple areas will  be remove for examples managers I believe they want to remove manager and replace them with shift leaders. They also want to remove nihts from Tesco and also security which they want to reduce and instead train tesco security instead of 3rd party security.

Hammer10

Bad enough now they are running company into the ground.

crabbit

Redundancy being offered to Distribution colleagues who have retained pay...
Letters to be sent out imminently
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Sherwoodforest

Is that because tesco lost their court case to fire/rehire?now there doing the honourable thing and offering redundancy
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

penguin

Quote from: Bigchap75 on 31-08-22, 08:34PMField team redundancies across shrink partners in stores. They are going this year as shops up against it with zero hours and these lot walk in and say "let me make sure you haven't scanned a banana wrong weight in waste". Also them in DC's security managers they are getting binned with all the new technology they don't need them anymore.

I hate to see anyone losing there jobs but that role really did need to go, we used to have a guy in express in several times a week nicking and would video the staff, he would tell anyone trying to stop him "you cant touch me and if you do ill send this to the police and you will lose your job" shrink partners advice "treat him like a pal and talk to him, he wont steal from you then as great service always wins"
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

fscer

Had a couple those people in as well. Came in after the wine move and reduced all our champange to 1 facing. Asked if they're going to re-map and and change the caps. They said no and left. Put it back to plan when they left.

Bobmay

Quote from: Hammer10 on 31-08-22, 09:02AMThey put pressure on staff just go slower ,as for that pay rise we just had it is obsolete now with inflation we need at least 20% next year to catch up.

Some unions are calling got 15 pound minimum wage which will make many people lose their jobs especially on low paying jobs like supermarkets.I will not be surprised when tesco removes most night shift in stores and bring in twilight hours with less staff.

Bobmay

Quote from: crabbit on 02-09-22, 10:26PMRedundancy being offered to Distribution colleagues who have retained pay...
Letters to be sent out imminently

What about night shifts in the remaining tesco express store.Will they remove night shift from there?

Mrbline

Another store on Tesco web site is hiring 2x shiftleaders for nights full time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk