News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:03PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 305
Total: 310

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lokisteelpoki

Quote from: Jedi4.20 on 08-12-22, 10:30AMPay rise ???
I work on nights, I have always been on £11.15 an hour.
we was were told there was a 20p pay rise this month so theoretically should be on £11.35
Only to check our wage slips this morning to find we have all gone down to £10.75
So a loss of 60p taking into account we should have been on £11.35
No one was told about this happening from our management team within store
Anyone else had this problem ?

Same as my partner, he works nights and his went down to 10.75, I'm on days and mine has gone from 10.55 to 10.75 so no idea why nights have gone down

torlum

we was were told there was a 20p pay rise this month so theoretically should be on £11.35
Only to check our wage slips this morning to find we have all gone down to £10.75

Yes it has happened in our store too. They have lowered our contracted hourly rate and added the difference to location pay (dotcom).

Didn't think it was legal to reduce your hourly rate without any sort of reason or consultation.

Redshoes

Just wondering if it's just showing differently on pay slips now. Could it be that basic is showing with supplement separate.

Morris999

There was something on Comms about a month or so back regarding this.
Cannot remember what it said unfortunately, other than for some colleagues it would show differently on their payslips.

Jedi4.20

Well my market supplement has not changed
November pay it was £58.50
December pay it was £63.00

That definitely does not make up the difference of losing 60p and hour with the new pay rise of 20p

There has been no Consultation on dropping down to 10.75 and I can't see it made up anywhere on my pay slip elsewhere

Jedi4.20

And again with location pay it's pretty much the same as last month
November £43.88
December £47.25

So no different added there I'm actually down on what I normally have I do 30 hours a week no overtime ever so it's always the same

Bakersdozen

I'm considering getting an employment law solicitor involved, regardless of market supplements or location pay, to lower our hourly rate without consultation or signing a new contract is against the law, if anyone would like to go this route also then maybe one solicitor could represent us all, no doubt this has affected thousands of staff up and down the country. To have no notification is outrageous.

forrestgimp

Good grief how can it be right to take 60p an hour from people regardless of if they were told or not?

kaled78

no doubt usdaw agreed it on employees behalf again

torlum

Quote from: forrestgimp on 09-12-22, 08:39PMGood grief how can it be right to take 60p an hour from people regardless of if they were told or not?

It's unlawful. If they lower your hourly rate and relocate under market supplement that will be phase 1,phase 2 will be to buy out your market supplement leaving you on a lower hourly rate.

Basic rate, market supplement and skills payment don't eve  add up to the stated hourly rate on our payslip.

forrestgimp

Our store doesn't have a night shift any more so I can't ask if its happened to our lot as well.  Is this isolated or country wide?

Sherwoodforest

I don't think their right, think they're confusing hourly rate with night premium on top, if you were on a higher hourly rate on nights than days it would be anarchy.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

torlum

Quote from: forrestgimp on 09-12-22, 08:39PMGood grief how can it be right to take 60p an hour from people regardless of if they were told or not?

They are taking it from your hourly rate and adding it to market supplement fot dotcom drivers. The top line pay is correct but transferring the money to market supplements leaves an opening for them to buy out that element of your pay. They should not be reducing your hourly rate.

I have made enquries to a solicitor about this, waiting on actual 100% solid answer but on the face of it, it is not lawful.

Sherwoodforest

If it was on the hourly pay for say drivers,night staff etc and that individual did overtime on say grocery filling or the night staff did overtime on day shift,would it be right they get paid extra for doing that!!! just food for thought
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

torlum

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 11-12-22, 06:29AMIf it was on the hourly pay for say drivers,night staff etc and that individual did overtime on say grocery filling or the night staff did overtime on day shift,would it be right they get paid extra for doing that!!! just food for thought

Yes, if you are allocated to a different lower paid department you will always get the higher wage paid to otherwise they'd be paying you less than your contracted amount says

NightAndDay

Just to note, that a curious oddity of the protected pay mechanism is that your hourly wage doesn't go up for as long as the real hourly rate for your role is less than the amount you receive under protected pay, so if the new increase is still less than what you get now without an increase, then that would be why your wage hasn't gone up.

Bakersdozen

Hi guys does anyone know the right channels to speak to someone about this at head office, I'm going the legal route. Its down right unlawful to just lower an hourly rate of pay for someone who is contracted. No negotiation or notice it's  crazy, I was on £11.72 as a fully skilled baker, I should be on £11.90 odd with the 20p increase yet my payslip this month went to £11.23.

forrestgimp

yea i would ask for clarification, it seems odd.

barafear

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 12-12-22, 03:19PMHi guys does anyone know the right channels to speak to someone about this at head office, I'm going the legal route. Its down right unlawful to just lower an hourly rate of pay for someone who is contracted. No negotiation or notice it's  crazy, I was on £11.72 as a fully skilled baker, I should be on £11.90 odd with the 20p increase yet my payslip this month went to £11.23.

Does it not simply show elsewhere on the payslip? There was - as someone else stated earlier - some comms about this - and it stated that those on skills payments (like a baker) would see their pay presented differently.

barafear

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 12-12-22, 03:19PMHi guys does anyone know the right channels to speak to someone about this at head office, I'm going the legal route. Its down right unlawful to just lower an hourly rate of pay for someone who is contracted. No negotiation or notice it's  crazy, I was on £11.72 as a fully skilled baker, I should be on £11.90 odd with the 20p increase yet my payslip this month went to £11.23.

Hi> You mention you were on £11.72 prior to November - did this include any "special" extra - does your store get location pay? Were you paid any sort of market supplement because skilled bakers were hard to recruit? Did you personally agree any sort of "uplift" when going for and getting the job? According to OurTesco - the "skills" payment for a skilled baker is

Tesco Colleague - Skilled Baker      E             £0.936

So the new pay rate of £10.30 + 93.6p = £11.236 should be your current hourly rate - assuming no other add ons.

barafear

Found the bit on OurT - probably won't copy/paste very well - but here goes:

Changes to Work & Pay Payslip from 11th November 2022

Note: This only applies to future payslips

Colleagues who are contracted to work in a skilled area (Grades D,E,F, H, T) and receive a skills payment, will notice a different layout in their payslip from this pay day.

Colleagues who are not contracted to a skilled department ( C Grade) but have worked on a skilled department will also see a difference in the way their pay is displayed.

What has changed?

For those contracted to a skilled department - The hourly rate displayed in a colleague's payslip will now show one combined rate (the base hourly rate plus the skills payment they receive) as shown below.

If the colleague then works on another skilled area for which they receive a higher skills payment, this will be displayed in their payslip as Skills payment – Pay grade) e.g. skills payment – E.

Bakersdozen

Yes I get a market supplement, so in theory my pay hasn't gone down, however I'm not sure if I'll get that extra pay if I do overtime.

The market supplement works out at 0.70p per hour so is £1328 per year basic hours (full time 36.5hrs)

Yes the layout of the payslip has changed and has skills payment-E however its the market supplement aspect that has been taken off my hourly rate.

It's not just me but hundreds in the company on such supplements. Probably trying to distinguish the market supplement to then buy us out of it 😒 which is wrong. It's best to fight it now rather than it be taken away.

barafear

Surely market supplements are temporary and can be removed? What's the reason for the supplement? Was it part of a previous restructure? Do you have any paperwork relating to the supplement? Did it have an end date?

Bakersdozen

No paperwork its always been on my hourly pay since I became a fully skilled baker 18 years ago, I believe its because the company struggled to get bakers in my area so offered an extra 'supplement'

barafear

OK, fair enough. Good luck getting it sorted

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk