News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 296
Total: 298

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

There is a difference between all managers pay. It's performance and length of service, old contracts and new. I would be surprised if you can find a single person who will tell you the pay they are on, unless you can see payslips or bank statements it's all speculation.

barafear

Redshoes> Didn't you tell us what you were on? Or did I imagine that?
I do agree with your sentiment though - the whole management salary seems clouded in secrecy/confidentiality.

madness

I started on 25.5k as an external (negotiated up from 24k)   was amber, green met,exceed,exceed, met met  ended up on 30.5k.

NightAndDay

Pay reviews are different for people in my seniority and work area, I get quarterly reviews based on what the competition pays, inflation and performance rated in standard RAG format, I've only had 1 review so far, where I was rated Green with pay considered fair for what the competition pays and inflation at the time being around 8%. As a result my pay went from £150k a year to £157k, not quite inflation beating but understandable considering the current economic climate

Redshoes

Quote from: barafear on 19-10-22, 11:20AMRedshoes> Didn't you tell us what you were on? Or did I imagine that?
I do agree with your sentiment though - the whole management salary seems clouded in secrecy/confidentiality.

I don't think so, I just said I was on more than your friend.
Even if I had said, it would count for nothing. It's not proof and I am not telling people who actually know me.

5fdp

Nightandday are you on £157k a year. Thats one hundred and fifty seven thousand. Where do you work.

NightAndDay

Tesco as the Head of Technology.

5fdp

I wish I had stuck in at fortran.

hornimans135

Dear Sir. as an ex-employee and now Tesco pensioner am I entitled to this next pay rise?

NightAndDay

No, because you're an ex-employee.

HalloweenJack

Seen a poster today about options for benefits next year? Closing date for views is 23rd October (its also on our tesco - colleague/news/views/2022-benefits-survey ; second clubcard for non family

barafear

Just read that Meal Deal prices are going up to £3.40 (Clubcard) and £3.90 for non-clubcard members.
I filled in that survey but disappointed that one of the options wasn't "15% permanent discount"

madness

Meal deal has to be loss making at £3 especially if you take the nice expensive smoothies that used to be available in it. take a triple instead of a double and the biggest crisps I'm surprised it hadn't moved before. 

Would have been nice though if they kept it £3 as a staff permanent deal.

barafear

I agree with you to an extent - although I do find most "supermarket-type" sandwiches (prob incl Greggs as well) to be "lacking in filling" - I oftern used to buy extra chicken/ham to add to sandwich - but since they've also shot up in price (16 slices of ham up from £4 to £4.60, and previously regularly being on "offer" at £3 as an example) I've just given up.

My local always seems to be missing some of the expensive drinks - so end up with an overpriced bottle of oasis, a vastly overpriced bag of crisps and a sandwich/pasta pot slightly overpriced - for £3 (£2.70).

But I do agree sandwiches and their components (butter/spread, mayo etc) are all much more expensive - so it was inevitable they would increase.

to be honest, when they first announced the increase to £3.50 back in Feb (I think) but kept it at £3 for CC until mid-May, I was surprised it got extended for another five months - so small mercies and all that.

Doesn't stop me whinging about it though!!

gomezz

To be fair works that out at 1.3% per year increase over the the past ten years at that price.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

barafear

Didn't realise it was ten years since it last went up - but I do remember (I think) back then that it used to be £2, went up to £2.50 (25% increase) and a further 50p increase to £3 soon after - although given my memory, it might have been a couple of years later!!

Cbatt566

Given NightAndDay is head of technology may I suggest he gets a pay cut given the c**p technology tills we have? Ha ha rumour has is we are running on windows XP tills?

NightAndDay

Till operating systems aren't my area, the epos application on the tills are, strict budgets are in place for the hardware and OS that are on the tills, I fulfil the requirements to lead a team to develop embedded software to run on those thin clients, I don't have control over what hardware they deploy, I can make recommendations, but ultimately, the commercial director gets the final say in what schema is used around all stores, budgets are very tight in Retail.

And they can't mandate a pay cut for my job as I'm exceedingly difficult to replace. Supply and demand are heavily in my favour, it would cost the firm a lot more to try and replace me than to pay me competitively to retain my sought after service provision.

ll

Back in April it was announced that new starters were not going to recieve Sunday premiums as of July. I can't find this anywhere on Our Tesco and nobody in my store even remembers it being announced. Has it been scrapped or can someone point me in the direction of somewhere official it's in writing?

Brez

Only thing I can find regarding the Sunday premiums for new starters is that the premiums are agreed when you sign your contract.

No defined policy on it.

barafear

It's weird there is seemingly nothing in "print" about the change to Sunday premium for new starters. It was definitely "announced"

lucgeo

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 07-04-22, 09:46AM
Quote from: Nook on 07-04-22, 09:42AM
Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 07-04-22, 09:38AM
Quote from: Nook on 07-04-22, 09:24AMIncrease to £10.10, to come into effect July. Sunday premium is removed from new starters only.

What about perm staff who move from another day to Sunday?

Still entitled to the Sunday premium

Ok, makes sense to keep the Sunday Premium for those currently contracted to Sundays otherwise they would have got a pay cut not an increase. I guess they will just wait for people contracted Sundays prior the change to eventually leave or move to other days and phase it out that way.

Twould seem it's from April 7th Zoom call with reps??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

barafear

Yeah - I found those comments on this thread from Nook too - but as I say, very strange that it's not "in print" somewhere!! Albeit it doesn't affect current staff - and as OurTesco is aimed at "current staff" I can see that line of arguement - but new starters are given access to OurTesco - so probably need to see the details!!
It's quite bizarre - in fact, the whole pay announcement/documentation made very little reference to Sunday/BH premium at all - other than they "would remain the same for existing staff" (or words to that effect).

barafear

Just reading the Pay Policy on ourtesco - what is a Customer Engagement Centre - seems like their premium rates are still higher than stores.

Where an overtime payment is agreed in advance of colleagues working the extra hours, overtime will be paid at the following rates:

Days Rate Monday to Saturday

Single time

Sunday and Bank Holidays

Time and a quarter (x1.25)

In the CEC, bank holiday overtime is paid at double time and Sundays are paid at time and a half. (Double time on Sundays is for those colleagues who joined prior to the 1st July 2009).

No mention on the 1.25x for "new starters not getting it".

Morris999

I've not looked on ourtesco and off this week, however all the pay briefing documents did mention that new starters wouldn't get the sunday premiums, however would be paid established rate from day one from July.
In the briefing it also went on to say about Tesco café discount decreasing and the colleague discount limit increasing.

If no-one else finds it by next week I'll have a look myself as my store is telling festive colleagues they do not get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk