News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 07:38PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatajoke2019

Given the way things are going we might as well just hand control of the shop over to the customers  ;D.

I see it's come down this morning they are going to "simplify" some of the routines on stock control *again*-rip as many hours as you like off the heat map... if they weren't so hell bent on cost cutting to give someone £4.74 million they might actually give those of us a chance on the shop floor to correct stock levels etc.

Then they wouldn't lose so much come stock take and even be able to pay us a bit more per hour!!!

King1999

Just been briefed on it no redundancy on the table,make meaningful shifts for stock controllers what ever that means.The place is a complete and utter joke.The last bit of caring about my job has well and truly gone.

lucgeo

Was it your store or official HO brief that stated "no redundancy" ???

The amount of times our Store Manager told affected colleagues "no redundancy"...merchers, TL's, stockies, counters etc. Many believed the little liar, panicked and agreed to dropping hours, changing shifts, only to  find later on that redundancy was an option after all!
Also beware of the self appointed dept mouthpiece, think they're mates with the seniors, who gormlessly  relate the "just between us" half truths, back to the dept!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

King1999

Official brief.Just read it through.i'm trying to picture what a meaningful shift will look like what a joke.

londoner83

Meaningful shifts means on days when you only have a fresh longlife scan to complete (1hr) and DSS (5 mins) no one will actually come in for a ridiculously short shift. So you will have to create 4 hour shifts.....meaning if a member of your PR team then leaves you will be over hours so can't actually back fill them.

I mean with the huge focus on PR why not rebalance stock control hours to allow stores to deliver that part of the job by giving the resources they need.

King1999

Who is actually going to care anymore the damage was done 3 odd years ago......my manager reckons we can help with PVing and merchandising and any other c**p that needs doing.Just a p**s take offer redundancy and you can fill your pathetic little shifts.

StinkyPoo

If stock control help with pv then pi won't have enough work! All pi do in my store is generally fill overnight!

londoner83

PI is more than likely next dept to get restructured......

whatajoke2019

That wouldn't surprise me at all Londoner given the new changes they've implemented and made it harder to do the job properly, in the hours "allowed".

Seems to be their MO. Introduce a change to make it "simpler" (just admit it's a cost cutting exercise to boost profits over people!) to the point it's run into the ground and then decimate it as much as possible, without offering redundancy  ???.

King1999

Just as long as its a meaningful shift ;)

fscer

We trialled gap scan 3 times a week in our store a few years ago, massive failure, availability drop big time. All these changes are just HO trying to justify there job, so this is what they came up with.

lucgeo

Just on point here...there can be no stand alone shifts of less than 3.5 hours!

Good luck to you all, absolutely shafted in my honest opinion!! It's exactly 3 years this month, since the stockies were made redundant, and you're here again!! Those left who took reduced hours, with a 2 year protected pay, are down on hours, down on pay, and now they've got you in there sights again?!  :-X :-X

Checkout Superstar

I work in an extra and the grocery and GM stock teams are tiny compared to the fresh stock team which has about 8 people. So I wonder what will happen there. I guess they will have to move some around and have those on more contracted hours do stuff like date scans etc and perhaps off load those on fewer contracted hours to other departments.   

kaled78

we have a few women who come in 6am-9am 3 hour shift,no break all been with the company years on old fixed contracts,it will be intresting to see what they do with them,as a couple look after their grandchildren during the day

lucgeo

Edit to my above post...3 hours not 3.5 for a stand alone shift  :-X

Morris999

When new contracts go live in October minimum shift lengths will be 3.75 hours.
I'm going to guess this will be dealt with like when Frog came in and anyone on less than 3.75 will have to increase shift length/contracted hours.

Redshoes

Minimum shifts do stand but with the new contracts and skills people can work in more than one area. We do that already in my store, we have a list of people who work in different area but they are contracted to the area they do the most hours in.
For example, cash office lost hours so someone does three hours in cash office and res5 of shift on checkouts. No point in PI shift Sunday morning as only about 12 SEL's come down so we have one colleague who does PI then a bit of stock control and finishes shift on freezers.
It's a lot of frog work for managers but it has kept valued colleagues in store and has enabled them to keep hours. As a store, because we have done this for years we have a team of colleagues who can and do work in different areas. The feedback is the day goes so quick as the job is interesting. This is the way things will go with Extra Hours Market. If a task takes two hours it won't mean a shift for two hours it will mean colleague will do more than one task and work in different areas. You also get to see how the other half live.

Angry tech

Have a thought for maintenance guys, some of us ( not all by any means though ) are highly qualified time served engineers who have no premium for Sunday, Bank Holidays, etc.  I personally am currently being paid well below national average for my skill set and we've just had an insulting 2.75% . We are thin on the ground,  in February we got told we were under consultation,  then 2 hrs later told we weren't.  30 days after that we all got new job titles with no notice.
Constant restructuring have left the stores in an appalling condition. 

If I could sit down with the Board of directors for an hour I could reduce maintenance costs substantially and improve performance whilst allowing a decent pay rise.

The company has lost its way,  they are too far removed from both the customer and the staff.

VladPutin

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 23-05-22, 09:26PM
But thats because  the managers are not getting ca,s working hard enough or trained them enough,i work in a store were fresh gap scan is pointless unless the dept manager covers for holidays,hes the only one who looks for gaps ,talk about paying the ca,s for nothing,mind you its only grocery stock control in our shop that does the job properly

I do more work in a day than any manager does in a week.

Or two weeks if we're talking about head office staff.  8-)

lucgeo

Quote from: Angry tech on 26-05-22, 04:24PM
Have a thought for maintenance guys, some of us ( not all by any means though ) are highly qualified time served engineers who have no premium for Sunday, Bank Holidays, etc.  I personally am currently being paid well below national average for my skill set and we've just had an insulting 2.75% . We are thin on the ground,  in February we got told we were under consultation,  then 2 hrs later told we weren't.  30 days after that we all got new job titles with no notice.
Constant restructuring have left the stores in an appalling condition. 

If I could sit down with the Board of directors for an hour I could reduce maintenance costs substantially and improve performance whilst allowing a decent pay rise.

The company has lost its way,  they are too far removed from both the customer and the staff.

I've never understood why the maintenance teams stay now?? Long ago the teams were afforded a lot of respect, they were good at their jobs, but as with everything else, the budgets were cut, they weren't getting the support or budget for the jobs required. Every store had at least one full time maintenance colleague...then it went to covering another store with a few days in each!
I recall one new maintenance guy starting at our store, he was brilliant at his job, approachable and could turn his hand to almost anything, but after a few months he left as he tired of the constant struggle to get basic tools for the jobs needed, the ever increasing list of small petty maintenance jobs being piled on him, and the lack of respect shown by managers constantly badgering him, as to his breaks and availability!!

Hibobhi

I'm sure our maintenance guy covers loads of store as hardly ever seem him, like once every few months if that, used to have in based in store, was always busy fixing things. Now those things are just broken

Tesla

Angry tech

Some of the store techs in my group have 4 superstores and half a dozen express stores, I'm a service team colleague and they keep outsourcing our work to contractors.  I would help with whatever I could , but the computer says NO! They have spent millions on an outsourced operating centre to stop engineers cherry picking their jobs

. Here's an idea! Why don't you deal with the slackers and pay enough to recruit people who care

I know store techs who are run ragged,  I also know techs who have done nothing for months.  Whichever store phones them, they claim to be at another store.

We pay between 200% and 1000% over market value for spares , I'm not having it that someone, somewhere is involved in corporate mismanagement.

It just makes me angry,  if the ceo of tesco is worth 4.8million then he should know what is going on in every part of the company

General Thorn

Angry tech I totally agree with your posts.

The CEO should know exactly what is going on in his company but when anyone from SMs upwards pretend that everything in stores is ok and will not see or report on how they are failing, there really is no hope. A visit from the AM produces lots of clean shelves and lots of colleagues at the time of his visit so he goes away having seen exactly what he wanted. The SM will not admit that we need hundreds of hours put back into the store and the AM will not suggest anything like that so the same farce plays out time after time. Everyone too scared to speak out in case they get managed out of jobs.

"The company has lost its way,  they are too far removed from both the customer and the staff." Another true statement and I'm sure everyone could make suggestions on how Tesco could save money. We all see so many examples of wastage in our stores and going even bigger, what happened to Jacks?

Nomad

Tesco Ireland announces 10% pay increase for staff

QuoteThe company said a 6% pay rise is effective from 1 April 2022, 2.5% of which will be backdated to April 2021.

The company says the pay award is additional to two years of discretionary colleague bonus payments of 2.5% for 2021 and 2% for 2022.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk