News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:20AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

Quote from: VladPutin on 01-11-21, 09:55PM
Quote from: gomezz on 25-10-21, 10:32AM
Why do people assume that the only reason people prefer to have their shopping delivered is because they are lazy?   8-)

I've seen 80 and 90 year olds do their own shopping. Anyone who can't or won't do the same is either lazy or weak.

I don't think I'm being unfair. :)

I do.

Is this the thing you Humans call..."Empathy"?  >:D

Nomad

They maybe 'weak' from a mental and/or physical health condition temporary or long term, or even old age its self.   
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

VladPutin

And...sorry, you've lost me there.

Nomad

Not difficult.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

NightAndDay

To be fair to Vlad, in Communist Russia, being weak, old or disabled is a massive inefficiency, our social system has these people being utilised any way they can to be as useful as possible..

lucgeo

"These people"  >:( Christ man!! Sometimes it's best to say nowt and be thought an idiot, than to speak and remove all doubt!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

VladPutin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 24-11-21, 06:54PM
To be fair to Vlad, in Communist Russia, being weak, old or disabled is a massive inefficiency, our social system has these people being utilised any way they can to be as useful as possible..

Well said, Comrade! There will be a place for you in the Presidium after our Glorious Revolution!

There is a place for Nomad and his ilk as well, of course. Unfortunately, it's in a Gulag... >:D

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lordadmiral

Hmmm by the way, if we are expecting strike are you all receiving ridiculous amounts of stock to the store? We r stacking pallets of goods one on top of another as we have no room to accept new delivery. Just imagine yourself two pallets of beer stacked up. Its f***ed up as people waste time condensing  but no one is filling the shop.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nomad on 26-11-21, 09:18AM
West Lothian staff accuse Tesco bosses of 'blackmail tactics' over strike action

No change there then.

Tesco aren't the only competition in town, the director has made the big mistake of approaching this from a narrative of arrogance and being a monopoly when there are plenty of better payers in the sea.

At this rate only the Tesco loyal and the hardline conservatives will shop at Tesco even though availability will be better everywhere else. Especially with Amazon coming along to take away market dominance, parring off resources essential to availability seems akin to shooting yourself in the foot right now.

Hammer10

Playing hard ball with staff will only p**s them off more who do they think they are hope the staff stick y to their guns.Bully boy tactics won't work .

Old timer

Does anyone know if the Reading dept have or are balloting for strike action ?

T2019sackallmanagers

Yes Reading are one of the depos that will be striking on December the 20th if the demands of the strike are not met before then.

Nomad

Tesco could be sued over threat to sack striking staff

QuoteTesco has broken the law by trying to avert a strike with threats of pay cuts and redundancies, a trade union has claimed.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BarryZola

"Going beyond the four per cent increase... would prevent us from continuing to run the business efficiently which enables us to preserve and create jobs".

They've got a nerve havn't they. They make more millions in profit almost every year and still try to cut jobs and benefits at any chance. The more honest comment would have been something like: 'We need to keep cutting wages in real-terms so as to show an increased profit at the end of the year so that we can pay ourselves nice bonuses and pat ourselves on the back. Screw the staff on the ground who actually do the real work'.

I'm also behind our comrades in the DC's.

VladPutin

I hope DC Livingston stick to their guns and call Tesco's bluff.

Pretty much every Tesco manager is a bluffer; it's almost a requirement for the job. As soon as they see you're not impressed or intimidated by their threats, they will bottle it.

lordadmiral

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59582288

c**p no strike then... i hope Avonmouth and Magor will.

Batmanjo

So that's 5.5% plus an extra 0.5% not bad better than 4% but then..................if you minus the 3% bonus we had taken off us yearly the true figure is 3% shocking Unite should be asking for more than this poor effort from the fatcats.

Nomad

Please continue pay/strike action discussion in its dedicated topic.

https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=17666.msg251431;topicseen#new

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco loses £400,000 schools cost appeal

QuoteSupermarket giant Tesco has lost a bid to avoid paying interest on a £400,000 overdue payment towards new schools in Musselburgh.

The retail chain had repeatedly argued it should not pay the developer fee, which was agreed 13 years ago, because it relates to a Musselburgh housing plan it is no longer involved in.

But after an appeal to Scottish Ministers failed to release the company from the education contribution, it asked instead that the due date for payment was moved forward to avoid back dated interest.

Now the Scottish Government Reporter has thrown out their request ruling that the council's demand for interest to date back to when the money was due in August 2019 was not unreasonable.

Lost, AGAIN  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

VladPutin

Please don't insult animals, Nomad.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

Hmm...it would seem that the Tesco is being accused of profiteering with their Clubcard scheme!!

'This is money' article today, quotes financial experts calling them out on unfair pricing, for those not in the scheme, and using the data accumulated from Clubcard users into their own owned data company, to make huge profits from analysing and targeting their customers spending habits to other companies, of which Tesco admits to!

Their non Clubcard prices are up to 25% more on comparison to other retailers.

Don't like to say "told you so" but......... :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

Hmmm people in office must be retarded then.  80% of coupons I receive are for items I will never buy,  remaining 20% is for items I bought in the past.  I buy some items on regular basis ( cat food) at Tesco but have never received a voucher to slash the price.

But I do agree clubcard prices are there to help company gather shopping data/ habits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk