News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:00AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 429
Total: 432

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Tesco express - British supermarket turns to rail to deliver Christmas

I have the strong feeling I read all this a few years ago, did not work.  Possibly response to strike 'threat', now that is off they have to justify money spent on contingency to share holders.  :-X
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

Tesco removes metal 'spikes' from outside North London store after fierce 'anti-homeless' backlash

QuoteTesco told MyLondon that the metal objects, which have now been removed, were installed as part of a fence to provide security for the store and said they were not installed as an anti-homeless measure.

Why would you need to install a fence approx 30cm away from a brick wall for security,  especially as the wall appears to include a door that opens outward (possibly a fire exit)  8-)

Anybody know what they are as they appear to be haphazard in the alignment and only have one fixing ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

Liking the fact that the spokesperson for the homeless has stated, what we all know is true...someone in a warm office probably decided it was a good idea!
This is Tesco way! Always followed by a ridiculous statement for an excuse. Knee jerk for 'got caught out' response team! What they don't say is what the security fence is for ??? Wonder why ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

Quote from: lordadmiralBut I do agree clubcard prices are there to help company gather shopping data/ habits.
Actually club card prices *influence* shopping habits so any measuring going on will be distorted.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 17-12-21, 10:48AM
Liking the fact that the spokesperson for the homeless has stated, what we all know is true...someone in a warm office probably decided it was a good idea!
This is Tesco way! Always followed by a ridiculous statement for an excuse. Knee jerk for 'got caught out' response team! What they don't say is what the security fence is for ??? Wonder why ???

Honestly, must be the easiest job in the world being a Tesco PR Spin Dictor, 100% of what they say is a lie, I'd be happy to be paid £100k a year to BS the gullible public.

BUY TESLA STOCK

NightAndDay why are you not  >:D

NightAndDay

Pays less than what I'm on now, but still... easy job lol.

Redshoes

[admin]If you want to discuss personalities do it somewhere else.[/admin]

NightAndDay

[admin]If you want to discuss personalities do it somewhere else.[/admin]

Nomad

Tesco shoppers furious after supermarket makes 'pathetic' Boxing Day decision

QuoteSupermarket giant Tesco has found itself in hot water with furious shoppers over a 'disgraceful' Boxing Day announcement.

While retailers like Home Bargains, Aldi, ASDA, Home Bargains and M&S have all decided to close on Boxing Day to give staff a 'well-earned break', Tesco will be opening hundreds of stores across the UK, it has announced.

Furious Aldi, M&S and Tesco shoppers say 'rancid and rotten' turkeys 'ruined Christmas'

QuoteA disgruntled Tesco customer, Kayleigh, said of their turkey nightmare on Christmas Eve: @Tesco bought a Turkey 2 days ago.. opened to prepare today best by date 26th but absolute stinks and is definitely gone off!"

"Christmas dinner ruined tomorrow."

Cold chain broken  :question:  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

grim up north

If only distribution was given the choice of working or not. But those easter eggs wont pick themselves

lucgeo

Quote from: Nomad on 27-12-21, 11:37AM

QuoteSupermarket giant Tesco has found itself in hot water with furious shoppers over a 'disgraceful' Boxing Day announcement.

While retailers like Home Bargains, Aldi, ASDA, Home Bargains and M&S have all decided to close on Boxing Day to give staff a 'well-earned break', Tesco will be opening hundreds of stores across the UK, it has announced.

Tesco spokesperson reckons it on a voluntary basis  ??? yea maybe in head orifice...they obviously turn a blind eye to the section leaders and managers who've strong armed the meek and new with the usual..." you HAVE to work, it's expected to share them out as  it's not fair to the rest of the team"  :-X :-X

Mark calloway

Quote from: lucgeo on 27-12-21, 12:36PM

Tesco spokesperson reckons it on a voluntary basis  ??? yea maybe in head orifice...they obviously turn a blind eye to the section leaders and managers who've strong armed the meek and new with the usual..." you HAVE to work, it's expected to share them out as  it's not fair to the rest of the team"  :-X :-X

that's what happened to me. In fact,I'm putting a grievance in. The BS that two managers said was unbelievable

BUY TESLA STOCK

The more bs from middle management the higher they'll go after all they are only enforcers for kingpins at head office pretending to care for the many when the back against the wall.  What will a grievance do probably nothing other than create problem for yourself. Get another job. Playing a little hard and loose with the facts works wonders to get a building staffed when no one is interested. The agency workers are a dream you can threaten them with dismissal and they'll work xmas day on single time.

NightAndDay

Furious Aldi, M&S and Tesco shoppers say 'rancid and rotten' turkeys 'ruined Christmas'

QuoteA disgruntled Tesco customer, Kayleigh, said of their turkey nightmare on Christmas Eve: @Tesco bought a Turkey 2 days ago.. opened to prepare today best by date 26th but absolute stinks and is definitely gone off!"

Rancid turkeys...who'da thunk it, I'm sure this was in the news the same time last year and the year before...

And the year before that. In fact I think the PR team said something similar about usual high standards as well.

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 27-12-21, 12:36PM

On paper it is voluntary, however we all know what happens in-store, that every star spangler at Tesco fancies themselves as a renegade Tesco Spartacus, the chillers had more chats in them than fresh with threats of joining the dole queues if they don't work xyz aplenty.

The colour blue suits Tesco, it's a sea of pirates and fools.

penguin

Or in some cases people just abusing the system, we had one bloke in every year like clockwork 10am Boxing Day, receipt but no Turkey, "its in the bin, I wont bring that stinking thing in my car, my Christmas was destroyed, I am off to inform the local paper," every year a full refund and a fairly substantial gesture of goodwill.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

People should not abuse a system, however I have zero sympathy for any entity suffering loss via a system that they create and implement and yet fail to police it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Batmanjo

Quote from: penguin on 27-12-21, 04:20PM

Or in some cases people just abusing the system, we had one bloke in every year like clockwork 10am Boxing Day, receipt but no Turkey, "its in the bin, I wont bring that stinking thing in my car, my Christmas was destroyed, I am off to inform the local paper," every year a full refund and a fairly substantial gesture of goodwill.
The goodwill can be up to £100 if they kick up a fuss and get a manager otherwise £50 plus price paid for their bird.

BUY TESLA STOCK

They have rancid turkey ever year you think people would just boycott Tesco. They'd soon learn if they have a few million turkey for the bin.

penguin

Quote from: Nomad on 27-12-21, 05:02PM
People should not abuse a system, however I have zero sympathy for any entity suffering loss via a system that they create and implement and yet fail to police it.

People have been abusing the system since the days when Selfridge first came up with "the customer is always right" do not get me wrong genuine complaints or mistakes should be rectifed by the retailer but when the same person comes in for half a decade, same story every year and same refund and good will payment £100 I presume (going on what Batmanjo says) as he always demanded to speak to the store or duty manager then you have to start wondering why nobody in charge starts questioning things.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

It's all down to forcing in fresh stock deliveries. The fresh team is undermanned, on too few hour contracts, so not enough time to clear or condense the back stock cages, leaving the fridges crammed!
Fresh delivery is sitting in the yard or warehouse for hours on end, while staff try to clear spaces in the fridges! All hands is hit and miss, as the company prioritise IDQ and one in front, above replenishment and adhering to the cold chain rule!

The continuous beeping of the checkout drowns out any questioning of rationale...the grabbing barstools in the hierarchy are blinded by the £ signs and their big bonus...let the minions on CSD deal with the backlash from the irate customers, who've had their festivities ruined with diarrhoea or food poisoning from their rotten food!  >:( >:(

VladPutin

Quote from: grim up north on 27-12-21, 12:03PM
If only distribution was given the choice of working or not. But those easter eggs wont pick themselves

DC staff can dry their tears with some of the extra cash from their 6% pay raise. 8-)

lordadmiral

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-29/inflation-surge-puts-u-k-on-track-for-the-year-of-the-squeeze

It yesterdays article. They are writing about inflation in UK already  being above 5% and 6% is already approaching very quickly.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk