News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:13PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 274
Total: 279

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert

Quote from: blooblah12 on 30-03-21, 08:40PM
Quote from: Cinderella on 29-03-21, 06:05PM
I turned down the role, was given my buy out figure, my payment date and weekly meetings to discuss it - and today I get a phone call saying it's all been a big mistake and I don't get the money and HAVE TO start the role I turned down on the 12th????

Yes, you do. Whoever you were speaking to has made a big mistake because only DotCom Team Supports are entitled to a payout. They clearly didn't get the briefing about this difference and were only corrected recently. Checkout ones aren't and there technically isn't a way for them to just "step down" without them finding the job themseves and applying normally. But to answer your question no, no pay out if you're a Checkout TS.
This is not true. Checkout Team Support in small superstores are being offered buyout/protected pay to step down to a new "off till activity" general assistant role. Basically doing the same job, queue busting, overrides, opening/closing checkouts, etc etc. No wbm, coaching "supervisory" stuff but can't see that happening.

whatajoke2019

Quote from: Davethebave on 31-03-21, 12:48AM
Officially told that it's on hold. Store manager has said they have been told to do nothing with the managers changes

Wonder why that is? Perhaps there's another trick up their sleeve  ???

JPW

Quote from: Davethebave on 31-03-21, 12:48AM
Officially told that it's on hold. Store manager has said they have been told to do nothing with the managers changes

Is this Team Support changes on hold, or the manager changes on hold?

Davethebave

Team support changes going ahead as planned. Only management changes on hold as far as I know. Probably on hold so they can work out the kinks of making it actually work.

forrestgimp

Make what work? All I have read says even with the change the only thing changing was the manager title, Line Manager becomes Team Manager oh and some get a few more people to over see. Same wages same responsibilties same everything that matters and no job losses.

So what exactly are thy suspending?

At what was supposed to be the end of the process we would have exactly the same amount of managers.

spike_pkh

Forestgimp, nights for example are dropping down to one manager a night without any team support. This has caused alot of complaints so they need to look into that

forrestgimp

Only if said manager decides to leave for whatever reason, otherwise its carry on as usual.

No redundancy no removal nothing, if you have 2, 3 or 4 managers on nights now you would still have had them afterwards.

Fringegirl

We're a superstore and no longer having checkout team support role after the 11th April.
We eventually we go to 3 managers and 4 shift lead which could take up to 10 years due to the large number of managers we currently have. We have 4 checkout team support in our store and all have had two meetings. We have all refused the offer of off till and the payout or pay protection. We are working with the union on this, as our people manager told us we were 'expected' to do off till but the union have told us we don't have to and we can refuse the offer. Our people manager had a meeting with head office yesterday to discuss the out come and the next step and is coming in store today to inform us.

[admin]Please do not make same post in different threads, other post deleted.[/admin]

Davethebave

That's fine on nights but in say a twilight store full of generic team managers, you would still need managers overseeing the replenishment side of things. Based on the new structure, no one is actually accountable for that, only for the people side of things. Why would I as a generic team manager even waste my time thinking about the replenishment of the store when the new "my role" states that the day to day is the shift leaders responsibility (which can't be recruited until managers leave). This is just one example of many which would need worked out

forrestgimp

No idea mate perhaps because its your job?

Albert

Quote from: Fringegirl on 01-04-21, 09:47AM
We're a superstore and no longer having checkout team support role after the 11th April.
We eventually we go to 3 managers and 4 shift lead which could take up to 10 years due to the large number of managers we currently have. We have 4 checkout team support in our store and all have had two meetings. We have all refused the offer of off till and the payout or pay protection. We are working with the union on this, as our people manager told us we were 'expected' to do off till but the union have told us we don't have to and we can refuse the offer. Our people manager had a meeting with head office yesterday to discuss the out come and the next step and is coming in store today to inform us.
Any updates Fringegirl?

spike_pkh

Quote from: forrestgimp on 01-04-21, 08:18AM
Only if said manager decides to leave for whatever reason, otherwise its carry on as usual.

No redundancy no removal nothing, if you have 2, 3 or 4 managers on nights now you would still have had them afterwards.

In our store 2 of our night managers were already planned to leave over next few months so no carry on as usual for our night team

Fringegirl

Quote from: Albert on 01-04-21, 09:04PM
Any updates Fringegirl?
Our people manager didn't have an outcome from the meeting at head office they just told them of our decision so it will be next week now. Our checkout manager has put team support on their contracted shifts as of 12th April and as off till on the tablet. I have been informed by my store manager that if nothing has been resolved by the 12th we will still be paid a skills payment and continue as team support.

Ducking Hell

Who said it... I'm a rep and heard nothing  8-) 8-)

rogerthedodger

The whole thing is poorly executed and embarrassing for a company of This size. Understand the need to change things and edit structures but this is so badly landed. Questions need to be asked

londoner83

Agree....the initial plan to create mixed dept managers with equal sized teams sort of made sense until someone questioned the practicalities of it. Currently Checkout managers  in large stores can manage 80+ staff whereas a day grocery manager can have as few as 5.

However putting Sam, Jane and Bob all in charge of cashiers would just create a host of foreseeable issues. If Bob is strict around uniform standards and Jane was  more relaxed , what is the department standard and would Bob's colleague feel victimised?   If colleagues A, B and C report to 3 different managers and all on 01/04 at 8am hand a Holiday form in for same date who gets priority? 

Also on nights where there are in a ideal world only 2 or 3 managers what happens when managers take holidays?

Why doesnt the business ever ask the staff how to make cost savings? Yes I'm sure many will refuse to give ideas that could lead to them losing their roles, however I expect every single one of us can point to at least one area where costs can be cut.

P

Cinderella

Now that they've backtracked and said the role is not optional, and no buyout etc I have no idea what else they said in the meetings is true. How much more have they got wrong, and confidently talked to me about every single week since this was announced?!

One thing they told me was that there will be even less work-life balance. I still don't have my rota for tomorrow so how much worse can this get!!

I'm so mad at Tesco. This is all so mishandled

fscer

They've made it confusing on purpose so the gullible ones think they're not entitled to redundancy.

stockstaffreduction

Can someone confirm if the management changes are going ahead or have been delayed?
My union rep has not heard anything, however thats not unsual.
A few users posting "my manager said" is not what I would call solid info.
I asked my Store Manager yesterday and she said she had not had an update yet?
That I know maybe dodging the question!

beentheredoneit

Team Managers become non-department specific from 12th April - if they have agreed to the 'small' change - they would have been issued a letter saying this.
any not agreeing to change will be 'stuck managers' - seems to being dealt with differently in every store. The letter has no provision for refusal - my SM has added note on the bottom
Chaos.
Will carry on doing what they did before until enough leave in each store to recruit shift leaders - could be many years.
Don't know about any senior team involved in this.
beentheredoneit

forrestgimp

We have 2 senior team in our store and they have been told we only need 1, so one is superfluous and by the looks of things will carry on filling shelves for huge money as usual.

Papillon

Advice please.... I'm  picker team support who's position will go on the 12th of April. I have no new role to move to as yet. My question is what/where do I go on the 13th? Am I expected to turn up at 6am in dotcom? I personally feel this on a personal level is shocking!  ???

beentheredoneit

Quote from: forrestgimp on 05-04-21, 03:14PM
We have 2 senior team in our store and they have been told we only need 1, so one is superfluous and by the looks of things will carry on filling shelves for huge money as usual.
we lost our senior team last year - they had to apply for any senior team vacancies that cropped up on the group.
beentheredoneit

JPW

Quote from: Papillon on 05-04-21, 04:51PM
Advice please.... I'm  picker team support who's position will go on the 12th of April. I have no new role to move to as yet. My question is what/where do I go on the 13th? Am I expected to turn up at 6am in dotcom? I personally feel this on a personal level is shocking!  ???

Had a meeting the other day, and my manager has no idea really, apart from that they're still expecting me to continue being a team support essentially. Was looking forward to going picking and having seriously less stress in my life, but fat chance of that. This whole situation is a total balls up.

thor god of thunder

it appears to me the change planned is a bit cocked up. I cant imagine too many stores getting to the correct number of managers any time soon. we need to lose half the managers only 1 of which intends to retire in the next 5-10 years.without offering redundancy payments the changes may never happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk