News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 11:14AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 426
Total: 427

New structure change.

Started by Vinny1985, 13-01-22, 03:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosiecat

Anyone know what will happen to gm hours if they cut back what they are saying they might?

BUY TESLA STOCK

"might" is not the case it is happening they are scrapping GM. The business is become lean and soon wont have all the excessive management we see today.  Dotcom pickers will be next in exchange for an automated picking warehouse.

FarmerFred

Dotcom pickers are already on their way out with the UFC rollout.

wacko2021

Any structure changes are welcome, it's an employees world right now so any redundancy payments are welcome to get me out this hell hole I've been doing for 11 year haha

penguin

Quote from: FarmerFred on 22-01-22, 10:07AM
Dotcom pickers are already on their way out with the UFC rollout.

For those of us who don't know what is the UFC rollout ?
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Prince of Darkness

UFC = Urban Fullfillment Centre, replacing Dot Com picking in a live store with computerised picking from a warehouse.

Himynameus

My store had ufc attached it,ok it might be to pick 8 times the amount of order but there more staff in there than you would think there would be. As in at times there can be 40 plus staff picking and filling and anyone time. There staff in there 24/7The line were so limited there now picking from shop floor again. all day they have 5 people that pick from the shop from to take to ufc for them to re pick. The put back are crazy they have a team doing this most of the day. Everything goes Back on the shop floor so takes ages to put stuff back. When it's breaks which happened a lot at least a couple a times a week the amount of reduction that the store is having to do is crazy produce spend all day doing them. It's the biggest waste of money ever

jonty

Does all that have any knock on effect to stock control?

wizard

Wacko2021 unfortunately I doubt they will pay redundancy after the big stock control cull a couple years back when more staff than they anticipated left with redundancy  they said they wouldn't pay it again . It's like the management restructure now they are just moving them around and waiting till they leave ,which they will do with ga's in future

kaled78

the bakers were after the stock controllers,they got redundancy too,and the regional people partners,however the deli staff got shafted and moved around the business,it will be intresting to see if they pay it for the wages clerks as no doubt they are next on the chopping block due to work and pay being rolled out

Jacqueres

Our SM has covertly been taking pictures of staff when he thinks they're  not working and sending them to the department manager to follow up. Is this allowed?

Harry_houdini

Expect team managers to be bought in line with a huge saving In future. Lots of managers on high salary and doing same job now head count wise as many on much lower salary. With bonus scheme in place expect payout of managers to a uniform salary across the board to reset performance pay. All shift leaders on £21k and all team
Managers on £23k working 5 days across 7.

rogerthedodger

Unless you have this from somewhere at the top I can't see it without the offer of redundancy.  Example dotcom manager has 50-60 colleagues compared to say 5 on others no way a uniform manager rate would suffice.
Also need to be a buy out/deal regarding Sunday pay. No manager in the world is volunteering for 5-7 less salary and a drop of Sunday premiums.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Harry_houdini on 30-01-22, 12:32AM
Expect team managers to be bought in line with a huge saving In future. Lots of managers on high salary and doing same job now head count wise as many on much lower salary. With bonus scheme in place expect payout of managers to a uniform salary across the board to reset performance pay. All shift leaders on £21k and all team
Managers on £23k working 5 days across 7.

Very unlikely, the reason why Team Managers have a variance in salary is because the demands of the role aren't the same shop to shop and department to department, grocery TM in the few SSs I've worked in tend to have the bigger responsibility (more aisles and more ca's to manage) while fresh or checkouts  are what you'd generally find less experienced TMs managing.

Grocery TMs also tend to be paid more as well because of this, if they blankey pay all TMs the same regardless of format and department, they'll have a mass exodus on their hands.

madness

I would say your more experienced managers need to be the Dot com, stock/admin and fresh manager.

The grocery gm and checkouts can be less experienced as yes can be more numbers than the fresh or stock but it is a far less technical job.

Watcher

I think checkout manager needs to be very experienced due to having most staff in store so more A/Rs retirement meetings return to work adjustments passports recruitment throughout tracking double scans till shorts holidays ss and says kpis.  Looking after csd pfs trollies security cash office charity community duty shifts ... I've done both shopfloor and checkouts and checkouts is by far the most intense ... just my opinion  :-*

madness

Checkouts is jsut numbers though. As long as the checkout operator turns up and doesnt steal money its very basic management. With the added bonus that if you as the checkout manager screw up your rota or too many hols or bad relationship with the staff you just stick a red call out and cover your own arse while screwing the store over.

kaled78

plus a lot of asda stores have gone 50% self scan,we may well go down the same route in the next couple of years

Watcher

My point is I've done fresh management , gm and grocery and I've found checkouts the hardest
My holiday targets are spot on my Rita's are spot on but you can never account for it being unusually busy on a random Tuesday or the sun comes out and we're knee deep
I have full respect for colleagues on the shopfloor they work so hard and I would never belittle their contribution...

newguy20

Quote from: Watcher on 30-01-22, 07:07PM
My point is I've done fresh management , gm and grocery and I've found checkouts the hardest
My holiday targets are spot on my Rita's are spot on but you can never account for it being unusually busy on a random Tuesday or the sun comes out and we're knee deep
I have full respect for colleagues on the shopfloor they work so hard and I would never belittle their contribution...

that's the big difference between checkouts and shopfloor, checkouts are immediately impacted by changes to trade and it's immediatey noticeable.

There was a lot of angst in our store about checkout calls, luckily a new manager is doing things differently eg
- only take one person from each other department so nobody is left short
- release shop floor colleagues first when it gets quieter, then other front end areas, then cashiers (for putbacks/breaks/training)
- GM colleagues had problems being stuck on a till as they often get called to help get stuff from the lockup at the back, so instead they go on self service queue management as they can drop that if they need to
- cashiers to return the favour by helping de-carding etc

lucgeo

Quote from: Jacqueres on 29-01-22, 11:15PM
Our SM has covertly been taking pictures of staff when he thinks they're  not working and sending them to the department manager to follow up. Is this allowed?

NO!!!

Easy solution, when called for follow up by dept managers, act ignorant until they show you the photo, or state it was sent to them by SM! (Take a buddy in as witness ;))
You then grievance the SM, on invasion of privacy!! The CCTV is there under strict adherence to the rules of non monitoring staff for productivity...why would the SM thinks they're above that  :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

ExSMfloor

Store manager brief completed at 9am today

Managers and union briefing is 12pm, changes do not impact salaried colleagues

fatlad

Well there's no surprise  8-)

kaled78

our store manager is on holiday,and no one knows nothing about this,union reps included

NightAndDay

Quote from: madness on 30-01-22, 04:35PM
I would say your more experienced managers need to be the Dot com, stock/admin and fresh manager.

The grocery gm and checkouts can be less experienced as yes can be more numbers than the fresh or stock but it is a far less technical job.

The point I was trying to make is that a blanket salary for all TM's wouldn't work as the demands are different store to store, a lot of feathers would be ruffled for example if a dot com extra TM was paid the same as a low taking ss fresh tm. As well as the differences in capability TM from TM.

There's a reason the lowest salaried TM is about 22.5k and their earning potential is circa 55k a year. Disparities like that are there for a reason.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk