News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 06:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 384
Total: 390

New structure change.

Started by Vinny1985, 13-01-22, 03:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overworkedexpresslad

so back to the old structure as when we had a deputy manager.  just minus the extra shift leader and deputy manager!!

Davethebave

Can confirm that selected stores will go from nights to twilight fill. Not sure on what stores or groups are effected. Redundancy will be offered for colleagues going through this, although jobs will be available for those who want to go to twilights.
Not all counters are closing, some of the larger high turnover stores will keep selected counters.
Some front end changes are coming too, reduced opening hours for main bank, removal of some hours for different bits and pieces.
Some hours removed for smaller projects, for example no SELs on flower buckets so stores will lose this time (minutes rather than hours in this case)
Some investment into BWS hours, nothing to get excited about unfortunately

corkyboy

Just had my line manager on the phone to me informing me that BWS will be moving from night fill to days/twilight. He asked me what my availability would be, and said he should have more info by the time i get back into work i work Thurs/Fri/Sat night's. He read that from a brief sent to him.

Pda-smith

Haha. Salaried shift leaders. Knew it.
"Sorry someone has rang in sick you'll have to come in "

£21k as well. What a joke.

whatajoke2019

For counters colleagues who are given alternative roles in store I do wonder how they'll feel when they find out some stores are going to a Twilight fill and any affected colleagues who aren't able to take up a job on Day/Twilight shifts are to be offered redundancy.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised they've only announced half of the story thus far.

As for no SELs on Flower buckets it's not something we've done in our store for a long time now so it's taken them long enough to get around to removing a few minutes here and there.

Seeing as they are hellbent on turning us into a carbon copy of the discounters perhaps they ought to actually reduce how much we range in store and how much stock is forced in because, let's face it, as this rate there'll be no one left in stores to do anything  :D.

Suppord

Is redundancy based off of your current nights basic or throughout your service I've been ten years gone from team support to nights GA

spike_pkh

No redundancy will be offered to BWS staff. They will just be moved onto other nights replenishment areas.

stockcontroller

Quote from: Suppord on 01-02-22, 12:38AM
Is redundancy based off of your current nights basic or throughout your service I've been ten years gone from team support to nights GA

If nothing has changed since I went through the stock control consultation it will be based off your current role and salary. Although I know a lot can change at Tesco even within 3 years  ;D

Couldntpossiblysay

For those looking at rough idea of redundancy payments there is the vlhelps  redundancy calculator on the bottom of the home page. I got the news last night so at least I know roughly what I'll get. If the figure is roughly correct I'll be leaving. Atmosphere in the store bad as you can imagine. God knows how the store will be filled on twilight shifts. Store just too busy.

Pancakes

They say there won't be any redundancies , therefore can they force you into another role/ department?

Ibanez

No redundancies being offered. Current bws staff on nights will just move to other replenishment as deemed reasonable. If any other dept still on nights such as security they can move onto night replenishment or to days if theres a job. They will have premium protected or a buy out of premium

londoner83

It will hinge on whether the new role is a reasonable alternative. If you fill BWS Mon, Wed, Fri night and are offered a role Mon, Wed, Fri night to fill soft drinks you may struggle to class that as a unreasonable alternative.....whereas if you work 9-2pm  Mon and Wed on Hot Deli being offered Fri & Sat 7pm-Midnight on tills potentially may be.

Redone1

————————————————————————————————————————-

Anymore info on this. As an Express shift leader. I earned 23.8k last year. As I make sure I get paid for every minute I go over my time.

Davethebave

Redundancy only an option if the entire night operation goes to twilight. Not just BWS

whatajoke2019

Will affected stores have found out if they are losing their counters operations and potentially the moving of BWS to Twilights/entire Night operation by now?

Not back at work until later on in the week.

leeds106

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 01-02-22, 09:13AM
Will affected stores have found out if they are losing their counters operations and potentially the moving of BWS to Twilights/entire Night operation by now?

Not back at work until later on in the week.

Most will have been briefed yesterday I would assume due to the leak in the papers. Thankfully for my staff on BWS I won't loose any of them and my night team will just be about 65hrs over contracted till people leave and the hours align but I'd rather loose overtime than see staff I've known for years loose their jobs

Kieth_Lemon

The can dress it up all they like about doing what's best for customers. In Reality its what's best for shareholders.

hard to imagine the amount of cuts Tesco make taking place in a unionised company. oh wait.......

whatajoke2019

Thanks Leeds106. With you on rather being short on overtime than losing experienced and well liked members of the team (yet again.)

Kieth_Lemon, completely agree with you. If they bothered to actually listen to customers (and colleagues)... Nice of Uselesssdaw to remain as silent as ever.

BarryZola

"Nice of Uselesssdaw to remain as silent as ever".

Well, someone had to pay the price for that union getting a payrise for our friends in distribution. Tesco do not give without taking from elsewhere.

NightAndDay

They won't be able to get night workers onto days as that's not a reasonable alternative, for a number of employees, legally speaking the only option is redundancy (unless you get some BS artist to "persuade" them to move into another area, unfortunately many employees don't know their rights so get kowtowed in such a way.)

GeneralDogsbody

Quote from: Redone1 on 01-02-22, 05:45AM

————————————————————————————————————————-

Anymore info on this. As an Express shift leader. I earned 23.8k last year. As I make sure I get paid for every minute I go over my time.
Yeah, whats this about?  I did the same last year.

DrunkenKong

BBC News - Tesco puts 1,600 jobs at risk as it ends overnight restocking
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60213085

Iusedtoenjoywork

We were told last night about our night shift going. Just the usual blah blah blah. Most of us want it.

Vinny1985

Quote from: Couldntpossiblysay on 01-02-22, 04:58AM
For those looking at rough idea of redundancy payments there is the vlhelps  redundancy calculator on the bottom of the home page. I got the news last night so at least I know roughly what I'll get. If the figure is roughly correct I'll be leaving. Atmosphere in the store bad as you can imagine. God knows how the store will be filled on twilight shifts. Store just too busy.

What type of store are you? How many night staff do you have? Thank you

lordadmiral

I would be happy to be made redundant.
What worries me is the people who are to old to get new better pay and now or they loose job or will be forced to change shift pattern and earn less.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk