News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:23PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Holiday virus

Started by helpme, 22-09-21, 01:08PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpme

So I'm on holiday and the first weekend I feel rough so get a test and it comes back positive. How do I stand? I'm off for all the time I have to isolate but can I reclaim it as sick rather than holiday?

spike_pkh

oldfashionedplayer

If before a holiday then it can be moved, if during its coded as holiday still as a "means to encourage you to take all your holiday by the end of the holiday year so the business isn't struggling to fit people in".

So in short, your being treated as though your on a nice break from work.

Tesco gimp

optout

try here,

ACAS Sick pay and holiday pay

QuoteIf an employee is sick on holiday

An employee must report their sickness to their employer if they want to take any holiday as sick leave.

In this case the employee can:

get sick pay for the time they were sick (as long as they are entitled to sick pay)

keep the time they were sick to use as holiday another time
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

BUY TESLA STOCK

Finsey

I am not sure why all the above comments say you cannot take your time isolating off-sick instead of using your holiday days. Section 151 of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992 requires your employer to make payments.

You are not on holiday; you are now off sick and you are entitled to receive statutory sick pay and keep your holiday entitlement. This is especially the case if you have rung up and informed your employer. The law is clear that if you are off sick during your holiday then your holiday should be re-scheduled, even if it is at the end of a holiday year (it will roll over). Please see the guidance from ACAS: https://www.acas.org.uk/checking-sick-pay/sick-pay-and-holiday-pay

It does not matter what it is "coded" as, contrary to other comments. Your wage clerk has the responsibility of sending a work plan form to Tesco Payroll to fix their error that they should have been trained in. Be persistent. Being off-sick from COVID-19 entitles you a greater framework of benefits in comparison to standard sick pay. I believe Tesco paid me full company sick pay three months ago while I was off because I had COVID-19.

Biscuit tin

But what if you're on holiday abroad, partying away, wake up feeling worse for wear, would it be ok to ring in work and tell them you've decided you're not on holiday anymore and you want a day off sick?

newguy20

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 05-10-21, 09:24AM
But what if you're on holiday abroad, partying away, wake up feeling worse for wear, would it be ok to ring in work and tell them you've decided you're not on holiday anymore and you want a day off sick?

Doesn't a conversion of A/L into S/L need a doctors note, presumably for that reason?

valleyboy

@ first post

Your answer is in the covid policy

@ 5th Post this is a argument Usdaw should be looking at

@ 7th post you're technically not sick as per government guidelines... you're isolating. Not sick

@ post 8 yes, but has conditions. the reason behind the eu law is you're not having chill time if you're poorly. This only applies to statutory leave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk