News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:26PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 312
Total: 315

Retro hours

Started by Vinny1985, 23-08-21, 08:40AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Sorry for probably a easy answer. But does anyone know what retro hours mean on the pay slip. Few people have - 40 to 80 pound showing.

Morris999

It's overtime between cutoff and previous payday that doesn't go through on that one,
It's so colleague's can identify which overtime is which.

Vinny1985

Halftone84

What about retro holiday then ? I have retro holiday +£50 odd

I've had no holiday since 17th July.  The little writeup at the left of the payslip says it's from 18th July.

I spoke to cash admin woman, who said "you haven't been minused so it's ok" I said I'm more bothered about losing holiday that I haven't taken.

forrestgimp

I dont think anyone human knows what Tesco payslips mean I think they paid for time on a supercomputer to make them up.

Probably why my wages go up and down by a quid or two a month while I do exactly the same hours.

Finsey

Currently on a student contract and transfer to a university store during term time... have worked a 5-hour weekday evening shift and a 8-hour shift on Sunday for the past two years but want to cut it down to only an 8-hour shift if possible for the week...

My questions are -
1. Is there a minimum amount of hours that I am required to work per week and is it possible to get around this? Has anyone worked below the minimum contracted hours before?
2. Any advice on how to get around this if my 8-hour shift does not cover the minimum amount?

Many thanks!

Redshoes

Minimum is 7.5 hours. The only way I can think of getting round this is to take some hours as unpaid but other than for a short period of time I can't see this being allowed. At the minimum you will still have to show another nine hours flexi or be put on a fixed hours contract.

horatiocain

The key word in the policy is normally.
Normally they won't have a contract less than 7.5 hours, but they can if they want to.
You can submit a flexible working request and ask for a change of working hours.

Morris999

Yes your correct for Hram, however under Work&Pay the minimum allowed is 7.5 hours, my store and those local to mine had to increase all colleagues to 7.5 if they were on less than that before the transition happened

Rad

My understanding is that you can reduce your hours to below 7.5. 

We just don't recruit colleagues initially on less than 7.5 hours.

For example if you worked sat sun 5 hours each day you are able to permanently drop the Sunday and just work 5 hours on a Saturday.

superbees

Hi currently on ssp 109 pw as on long term sick since may always get £437 in my pay every 4 weeks but this month i got my £437 but i have deducted £164.10 leaving me £257 to live on the deduction says sick pay leave retro -£164.10  has anyone has any idea what this deduction is from my statutory sick pay?.
thanks

Elly1519

superbees

Retro payments are for the previous month's pay weeks, in this case 13 August - 19 August.
Did you have a fit note which ran out around that time? and were paid basic pay instead? Work and Pay will be clawing the overpayment back?
Have you run out of SSP?
The only way to be sure is to contact your store or raise a ticket on Colleague Help. 

superbees

Quote from: Elly1519 on 14-09-23, 07:51PMsuperbees

Retro payments are for the previous month's pay weeks, in this case 13 August - 19 August.
Did you have a fit note which ran out around that time? and were paid basic pay instead? Work and Pay will be clawing the overpayment back?
Have you run out of SSP?
The only way to be sure is to contact your store or raise a ticket on Colleague Help. 
No last month was just paid my SSP and nothing else and no gaps in sick notes no only been off 4 months should get 28 weeks sick pay

Sherwoodforest

@SUPERBEES wouldnt it be easier asking your manager,wage clerk first?horses mouth and all
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

lucgeo

Haven't we just had a wage clerk on another post stating that they are now under threat of redundancy and being told NOT to answer wage queries, and encourage people to use the app?
Good luck with asking a manager to explain your query, they'll just refer you to the wage clerk!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk