News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 273
Total: 279

4am starts

Started by Lurker21, 21-06-20, 10:10AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 22-08-20, 02:48PM
Quote from: lucgeo on 22-08-20, 01:03PM
@ Duff McKagan

Does your store not have a daily rumble?? My old store used to have one every day 1-2 and Thursday-Saturday an additional 4-5 rumble....also all hands was called on a regular basis to finish the night fill on fresh, mainly us stockies called to do it!
As old school myself...it was second nature for me and other oldies to pull forward and collect cardboard off the shelves, en route to warehouse, I used to take a small trolley around with me whilst gap scanning to collect cardboard. Much as the last SM ( before the lazy new replacement ) used to do a walk round every morning, with a trolley and collect loose packaging, cardboard, and straighten as he went.

They claim to rumble but you wouldn’t know it by the state of the place, card everywhere and the shelves are a mess strewn with products from other areas that have been dumped by customers. The attitude in our store is literally that filling is night work, and it’s across the whole store....fresh and grocery are both left to run empty.

We're the opposite: by the time Fresh days start - around 0700 - the night fill has been decimated by Dotcom. It's got to the stage that I don't even have to look around my department first thing in the morning. Experience has taught me the four sections that are hanging by a thread. I refill them first. After that it's a constant juggling act until Dotcom clear off home and we've got a chance to catch our breath.

Xmas is always bloody horrible on the shop floor, with too much stock and customers either shouting at you because you're out of stock of sprouts at 4PM on Xmas Eve, or trying to climb over you to grab stuff from the RTC section. This year, with all the new Dotcom clogging up the aisles, it's going to be much, much worse.

But hey, at least the managers will get their bonuses, and that's the important thing, right?

[gmod] Edited to remove insulting comments about colleagues.[/gmod]

FSLOnlyMe

So I read a lot of comments between store and dotcom colleagues everyday. As a FSL I can understand how both sides feel, however... Try doing my job when it's done properly. There's no slacking at our store. I help run a team of 11 vans, 50 drivers and 70 personal shoppers as well as 6 Click and collect colleagues and their operation. I'm in 5am till 2.30pm. I'm meant to take 1.5 hours break each day, lucky if I get half that. Also with a shortage of drivers, we're expected to split vans and drive..(neither are meant to happen) as well as run the department and if we don't we get bollocked or put on performance reviews. We are the only store in our group that hasn't been allowed to cap or cancel even when 4 drivers short...
So I don't know what your SL's are like but I can tell you it's a very full on position where we have to react and think at a moments notice to issues from ALL angles

grim up north

There's no wonder you're the only store in your group like that. Stand up for yourself and say no to working through breaks and doing things you shouldn't be doing

breadbaconandbeans

Your break is you legal right to rest and you have to take it

lucgeo

@FSLOnlyMe

I'm afraid you've made a rod for you're own back! It's always the more you do, the more you're expected to do in Tesco!

As you're not taking you're full entitlement of breaks, you're working for nothing, and that could be questionable as to being paid below the national wage? Not long ago Tesco had to recompense PFS colleagues who were clocking or walking to store for breaks in their own time.

If you're being "expected" to operate routines that you're not supposed to, then it's against policy and you will be the one out on your ear if something happens! If you're specifically requested to perform against policies, then you get that instruction, in writing preferably, from the duty/section manager!
That also goes for driving...if you've not had your specified rest times for breaks, then you're a liability to yourself and other road users!

Your manager's don't give a flying fig about you, they just see a mug who can be manipulated to take on the extra workload without pay! No one is going to stand up for you, if you won't stand up for yourself!

It goes like..."I can't do that! Are you knowingly asking me to operate against Tesco policy?"..."I'll happily complete that after I've had my full break entitlement!"
I would also start clocking for your breaks, that way you have a full record of break times you've had, or not in your case!
A performance review will have to cite you're failings, and these should include failing to perform routines, that are against policy!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tesla

Stop wasting your time at Tesco Mcdonalds workers are getting a day rate of £11 an hour.

Morris999

Really?
Well I've just looked at vacancies in London,Birmingham,Derby and Manchester and out off all the ones I looked at, not one paid £11 per hour for an over 23 year old.
Average was between £9.55-£9.75, with London paying £10.

So if you can get a starting day rate of £11 per hour for a Crew Member then good for you.

Tesla

Inverness there's a clue.

Sherwoodforest

Only a 8 hour round trip for me then
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk