News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 08:33AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,363
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 387
Total: 390

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris999

Claden, they are definitely going to store!
They will arrive via backdoor addressed to store manager NOT personal manager!
So anyone with the PM on holiday is not an issue, if your SM is on holiday then your PM or LD will pick it up!
Yes the managers do not have to start doing the 121's straight away but they have 3 weeks to complete them!
The brief is that all colleagues who are in next week are seen!

As for managers pay brief, they are completing it on normal time frames!
Hence the brief for them on the 27th June!
What you all have to remember is that the colleagues were briefed very early on there's! They are normally being briefed now and then managers 2 weeks after due to them having a personal letter based on their end of year review!
As for what they are getting its still rumours!
Now if I was a double time team manager and I found out in the pay review that I was keeping double time while colleagues were losing there's I'd be very embarrassed, and would be keeping a low profile!
As far as I'm concerned if one set of employees are losing it then all should regardless of level!

Expressdude2016

Also they will be announcing the new range of benefits which have been decided upon after there year long review in mid July.Not heard anything though about what they are going to be.

optout

Opshunned

Their their now... aaahhh...... their their ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Equalizer87

New benefits range??? Discount - gone, booklets - gone, Staff canteen - gone, free tea/coffee - gone.

Wouldn't  surprise me if they new benefit was sod all.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

optout

Free air may be on the list.

....oh sorry, air is free, it is 'tesco air' that isn't.

So to correct the above,

Free 'Tesco air' may be on the list. :thumbup:

Hammer10

New benefit just release you pay us to for a job if you give us a nice wedge you get a job lol.

Equalizer87

Yeah, been waiting for tesco  to claim ownership of 'air'. Just like they claim ownership of 'time'.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

bugsbunny

sorry to appear thick but can someone please clarify are managers and senior team going to keep their sunday double time? or have I read some of the previous posts wrong.

Expressdude2016

bugsbunny not announced until 27th but strong rumour they will be keeping it at least for now and wage increase is going to be minor.

bugsbunny

Wow how unfair is that! I am going to be losinf £130 a month so like many people I am not getting a pay rise. I know you say this is a rumour but why do you believe this to be the case? so does this also mean senior team will keep their double time? I just find this unbelievable.

Equalizer87

Bugsbunny

I agree with you its a disgrace. Talk about sending mixed messages to the workforce.

Expressdude2016

Cant really say on here but I have never doubted the person whos said it with previous info. If you think about it they gave everyone else notice of the change and the 1-1 briefing on affected staff . If managers were losing this then notice would be given as well and 1-1 with affected managers. Given managers pay award brief is 27th June then that would not be possible if premiums were being removed.

Hammer10

If it does come out they are keeping it there will be riots.

claden

No there won't people will shrug their shoulders and say 'nothing we can do about it' and just get on with being shafted.

oneboxwonder

The main issue is how they get the figures...I fear because its Jan to dec they will use all income as a base, which I will argue against as not my base...the year figure includes any OT and shares cashed remember, but to be honest its all in the sky as the union reps won't get briefed how to work it out
' one ring to bind them '

Expressdude2016

All basic wage , overtime , premiums,supplements are included. One off payments such as Team Leader lump sum, selling shares,pension refunds are not.

bugsbunny

Thanks Expessdude totally agree with you. Hammer10 what can we do. Duracell can you help us please?

oneboxwonder

be interesting then...Im basing mine on my lowest pay ie no OT so we see what they quote and if more...I know nuffin???
' one ring to bind them '

optout

bugsbunny

have you signed the two petitions?

bugsbunny

optout

the only thing I can suggest is that you spread the word, because at the moment unless you can think of something, these petitions are the only way to change anything, and we need mass participation.

And unfortunately I do not share the faith that HappyHammer has in there being riots.
As I have said earlier, if these people can't simply click a couple of buttons on a petition a risk free form of protest that they can see that others already support, then I fear that riots are not going to happen, there are just going be people walking around with their eyes wide open gazing into the headlights of reality, and wondering how it all happened, and who could have let it get this far?

I am sure there will be times that those people will huff and puff to me and others about how hard done by they are, and I am sorry but at that time I and people like me will just look at them and shrug with just a hint of an incredulous smile.

Just a partial recap

Pensions have been hit twice
team leaders have lost their jobs
how many years without a pay rise
Unpaid pension funds
Management restructures
accounting scandals
Share price dives (so many losing half of the life savings they expected to have)
Massive payouts to the top few
still increasing union fees
still increasing pay for Usdaw officials
Sunday premioum cuts
(sounds like a peter gabriel song)

and this is just the past couple of years.

But guess what, NO RIOT.

So unlike the well known song

I do not predict a riot,
Rant over, for now :thumbup:

The hooch

With regard to our 'Doom and Gloom' letters, which are apparently being delivered to our stores on Thursday , I wondered if anyone knows if I will be able to go in and collect it as i am on holiday for a fortnight. I really would like to know if my calculation of £120+ loss per month is correct before I go away. I presume as my name will be on said correspondence then I should be able to take it home with a box of value tissues. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

picktocube

Optout ,even in distribution,where we still have a vote ,most of what you list has impacted us as well . Perhaps ,if you want a stronger response to the petition ,you should focus on the main points that being in the partnership deprives the stores workers from.

Rad

Quote from: The hooch on 14-06-16, 10:01AM
With regard to our 'Doom and Gloom' letters, which are apparently being delivered to our stores on Thursday , I wondered if anyone knows if I will be able to go in and collect it as i am on holiday for a fortnight. I really would like to know if my calculation of £120+ loss per month is correct before I go away. I presume as my name will be on said correspondence then I should be able to take it home with a box of value tissues. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Call the PM, ask to get your 121 over the phone.  They will know whats in the letter. It'll just be a number, no workings or anything. Then go collect it. If you disagree with the figure, give your payslips to the PM.  The people running this project will be on to something else rapid. So id guess after 3 weeks there will be no way of seeing the workings or getting an explanation.

The hooch

Thanks for your help ....I will phone on Thursday and try to speak with personnel ( although I've been led to believe shes  out all week at meetings )
I will try for a 121 on phone ...I didn't know that could be done. Useful to know as someone in my store is very poorly at the moment and is therefore off sick. So I guess a telephone 121 is the way to go. Plus one can always hang up if one gets angry or upset....better than weeping in the office and making a complete t*t of oneself. >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk