News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 10:21AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,355
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 268
Total: 269

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spooner

Quote from: Rad on 09-06-16, 05:36PM
Because its expected that your payment will be less than you expect.  Ensure its recorded at your 121 that you dispute the payment.  Ask to see detailed workings if its less than you expect.
why would it be less than expected ?  To be honest it should be straight forward maths but they seem to be just complicating it to confuse us !  . I've managed to find all but two wage slips !  Felling stressed  :(

claden

I don't see any reason why you would need your wage slips they have all the info on the payroll as it's based on what you took home. I'd ask for a detailed break down and explanation just to make them earn their money.

Morris999

Colleague letters are arriving instore Thursday for those affected.
The management team have 3 weeks to do the 121's with those colleagues.

On a side note, managers get there pay brief on June 27th.

part of the problem

27th of june will be another kick in the teeth one way or another. If its similar to Ga's then then managers would be unhappy but general workforce would feel at least everyone in the same boat. If its a decent one managers happy but general workforce fuming.

Expressdude2016

its nothing like GA payrise we were told that on conference call. They are also announcing other changes to managers pay that day aswell ( managers who get double time losing that is a dead cert which is good especially as us in Express only get single time so all managers should be that for sundays. New benefits being released In July.

Nomad

"managers who get double time losing that is a dead cert which is good especially as us in Express only get single time so all managers should be that for Sundays"

If I have interpreted this correctly, why would you begrudge some people getting what they agreed to in their contract ?
You get what you agreed to, do you not ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

OpShunned

...and, if a 'migrant' worker after six months employment objected to his or her colleagues rights, privileges etc would anyone pay a blind bit of notice?

Most likely not in many cases I dare to postulate.

The working class tend to be their own worst enemy.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Nomad on 10-06-16, 07:41PM
"managers who get double time losing that is a dead cert which is good especially as us in Express only get single time so all managers should be that for Sundays"

If I have interpreted this correctly, why would you begrudge some people getting what they agreed to in their contract ?
You get what you agreed to, do you not ?

not begrudging but I think its wrong that it depends on format if a manager gets a sunday premium or not.It should be either all get premiums or not.If they moved to express they would not get it and if we moved to large stores then we would get it. Explain the fairness.

Night Owl

Our GPM & SD have assured all SM's in our group that Team & Lead Managers T & C's are remaining the same for the next year. Then a major review of their pay scales etc will be implemented. Plus customer assistants have had 5 months notice of their loss of double time etc. Could they legally give managers just 1 weeks notice???
Though given the need to know culture in Tesco at the minute you just don't know what to believe. The so called aspirational moves were leaked on here  at least 2 weeks before SM's and PM's were briefed.

expressman77

As for managers getting double time,it shouldn't matter which format your in if it was in your contract because of when you started with the company I can't see why someone should be pleased we loose it

spooner

[gmod] Please do not quote the last post in a thread.[/gmod]
cos why should managers keep it when long serving GAs are losing it ?

blutopia

I don't understand why those of us who have lost out should wish the same unhappiness on others.  It's not as if we would get any benefit from this 'fairness' - nor should we put in such a dog-eat-dog position like with the GA pay rise/double time trade off whereby some can only get an OK pay rise if other colleagues lose out.  It smacks of a divide and rule policy at the top.  With the government's NLW policy about to drive up GA rates, USDAW negotiating away other benefits to pay for it may become a common theme in the next few years.

Chiefstudbaker

Has anyone had a letter yet??? Be interesting to see if anyone gets shortchanged!!!

Hammer10

Still not been told anything now on holiday thanks for nothing twatco.

Chiefstudbaker

With only 20 days till the rates of pay change thats proper poo!!! Maybe theyll ring you on your hols lol as you say though tosco useless as usual!!!

Slave64

Hi everyone. just  wondering if anyone can help. If you have worked Sunday overtime for a good few years but chose to take it as overtime and never been contracted, do you also get the buyout, or is it only the contracted members of staff who get it?😃

Chiefstudbaker

LiveMyLife

i'm still pretty new... my last pay check was much more than I expected.... is there something that would cause this or was I overpaid? I never seem to catch the lady in the office who deals with pay etc because I start late and I have asked my line manager for pay slips for my last 2 pays for a while now and he always forgets....

claden

Quote from: LiveMyLife on 11-06-16, 09:33PM
i'm still pretty new... my last pay check was much more than I expected.... is there something that would cause this or was I overpaid? I never seem to catch the lady in the office who deals with pay etc because I start late and I have asked my line manager for pay slips for my last 2 pays for a while now and he always forgets....
Your turnaround bonus?

LiveMyLife

Quote from: claden on 11-06-16, 10:31PM
Quote from: LiveMyLife on 11-06-16, 09:33PM
Your turnaround bonus?

I've only been working for Tesco for like 2-3 months, I don't think I would be entitled to the bonus would I?

I'll see if I can get my payslips sorted on Monday....

Expressdude2016

Did you pay emergency tax on your first or first couple of pays. If so then you will have been credited that back.

LiveMyLife

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 11-06-16, 10:43PM
Did you pay emergency tax on your first or first couple of pays. If so then you will have been credited that back.

It could be actually, I guess I will find out once I finally get my damn payslips haha.

my store is useless for this stuff ;/

Expressdude2016

when you do get your latest payslip sign up for it online that way you know you will always get it. www.payslipview.com    ( you need your latest payslip though as theres a 4 digit code you need printed on it for you to set up online.

grrrr

I have calculated my loss of earnings ready to take in with me and my union rep.  I am a contracted Sunday double timer, but also worked nearly all bank holidays and lots of days of at time and half which is also being cut!

I am assuming the pay out will take all the extra hours worked on double and time and half in to account.........I will pipit up a fight!  It was their own leaflet that said it was based on earnings from jan 2015-dec 2015!

Fair play

You have just posted the thing on our Usdaw site please be careful you have just identified yourself......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk