News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 08:52AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,355
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claden

I phoned the Union they have no time frames

express whizz kid

anyone else know about the conference call in the morning for store managers only around urgent pay updates?

Truthfinder

I know it's late in coming but what is there to discuss? They already know what each individual is getting so there's no appeal or negotiations. Should just be in the next pay package!

cosmosmallpiece

Truthfinder what if they have got there sums wrong you know what they are like. Some of us are losing over £160 per month.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: express whizz kid on 08-06-16, 05:20PM
anyone else know about the conference call in the morning for store managers only around urgent pay updates?

was to do with 1-1 with affected colleagues and there 18 month payment.

express whizz kid

claden

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 08-06-16, 07:09PM
Quote from: express whizz kid on 08-06-16, 05:20PM

was to do with 1-1 with affected colleagues and there 18 month payment.
What about it?

Expressdude2016

just about timescales of briefing and letters arriving this week and just to ensure managers who had affected people completed 1-1 using the brief in pack.

claden

Good to know the letters are on their way at least.

SJS8

Hi, i haven't been in work today, so would be greatful on any feed back. I have been contacting Usdaw over several weeks, asking to speak to their legal team, as I want clarification the deduction in wages is actual legal. I was told by Union reps that their was no money for a pay rise unless we lost the old premium contracts. So how is there enough money now to pay David Lewis a 250% turn around bonus while we get 5%, even before our deduction of premiums have  been implemented.I have finally spoken to the legal team today and they will be looking into a Asda case 2009, when they harmonised old and new contracts, but didn't lose any money and Asda held consultations with the employees over the months.  A month ago, I went straight to the top and e-mailed Dave.lewis@uk.tesco.com with a  grievance, I eventually got a reply, via retail operations and a meeting was held in store with a group manager. I have also put a grievance in to the chairman of Usdaw John Hannett via his secretary moyrajackson@usdaw.org.uk on Monday, still waiting to hear back, which I will persue. When I spoke to the group manager, I asked if the time and a half will go, and she said, I can't say for sure it won't happen. I have had a lot of closed doors in the past weeks and I urge  all colleagues  to get on board now, go straight to the top with your grievance and how it will have a detrimental impact on your living standards and you want clarification this deduction of wages is legal. The more we stick together they will have to listen. I will be having another meeting with our group peoples manager on the 19th June, I hope to have some more feed back from Usdaw legal team by then.

optout

'stick together'

are you aware of the petitions on change.org  :question:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

AlexM

Those of you who got their turnaround bonus in cash & ended up losing loads to NI payment etc will also now probably suffer in the July pay with your 18 month payment going in. People in my store who are double time have dropped all their sunday overtime until after cut off. Reason - they should get a load of tax back from the bonus in July, but with this payment + overtime they'll get screwed again! & their tax credits will be affected too. This weeks sunday rota looks a bit c**p

SJS8

With the turn around bonus and the 18 month settlement in July, that will put me over the £11,000 tax threshold. So I will be paying tax on any overtime now and tax on my earnings which I wouldn't off before . I did ask a manager, could we still be paid the same rate over the 18 months rather than have the settlement cushion, as they put it. When our settlement cushion runs out, what money is suppose to fund our bills then. I will be asking the question again, what will happen if we are not happy with the settlement figure and I don't want to accept it. Once we accept the money.it shows we are in agreement.

claden

I've been told today the letters to those affected by the pay cut will start going out tomorrow

Equalizer87

Always too little to late, I can see a lot of upheavals over this.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

spooner

Quote from: claden on 09-06-16, 12:00PM
I've been told today the letters to those affected by the pay cut will start going out tomorrow
will they be sent by post ?

chris9997

In reply to Sjs28 the union states without the cuts there would be no money for pay increase well why so much of an increase of not to bring it nearer the government target it has to meet by 2020 Tesco state that the 3.1% increase is being met with £137m pay pot (£99m extra and £38m from pay cuts ) so why not a pay increase of around 2.2% this will remove the need for the £38m of paycuts

Rad

All letters going to store I think

the-vortex

At the risk of repeating myself and of upsetting you all, if the company changed its mind (extremely unlikely if not impossible) and reduced to payrise to 2.2% so you didn't have your overtime/Sunday/BH rates cut, you are asking for the 85% to take a lower payrise so that you can keep your enhanced terms? Am I right?   ???
Loyalty is a one-way street!

Nomad

I would say your wrong, they are simply asking that their overtime/Sunday/BH rates be left as per contract agreement, what happens to pay rises is out of their hands and is between the company and the body it negotiates with tells what it's going to do.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

blutopia

Quote from: AlexM on 09-06-16, 08:35AM
Those of you who got their turnaround bonus in cash & ended up losing loads to NI payment etc will also now probably suffer in the July pay with your 18 month payment going in. People in my store who are double time have dropped all their sunday overtime until after cut off. Reason - they should get a load of tax back from the bonus in July, but with this payment + overtime they'll get screwed again! & their tax credits will be affected too. This weeks sunday rota looks a bit c**p
Unless colleagues who normally pay no tax were temporarily put over the lower tax threshold with the bonus they won't get any tax back any more than they get tax back on overtime pay.

Hammer10

I was told that meetings are to be held next week and to take arep in with you also they have advised we take in wage slips from jan2015 to Dec 2015 ,I get mine on line but it only goes back to June last year any ideas on how to get the rest off.

Duracell

Quote from: the-vortex on 09-06-16, 02:35PM
At the risk of repeating myself and of upsetting you all, if the company changed its mind (extremely unlikely if not impossible) and reduced to payrise to 2.2% so you didn't have your overtime/Sunday/BH rates cut, you are asking for the 85% to take a lower payrise so that you can keep your enhanced terms? Am I right?   ???

As Nomad has suggested there shouldn't be an expectation of others, this was part of the problem in the first instance.
No group should have the power of expectation over another where suffering to the detriment is being dicussed or decided especially where the expectation is a considerable loss.

What that means as a generalised  "deal" is the company's  concern.

Where you are suggesting the unethical expectation that 85% get a lower payrise it is unjust and lacks any credibility in that context "ethical reasoning", simply because the difference in % award that the 85% won't get is funded by what the 15% won't get.

What you imply is erroneous.
Your implied unethical suggestion is facilitated by one before it.
To have a concern on ethical grounds you cannot concede to the primary unethical decision which concieves your secondary ethical concern.

Also something that you seem to be unable to understand is.

Your secondary ethical concern is about a discretionary award that you have NO RIGHT to.
The Primary ethical concern is about a contractual RIGHT.

A discretionary award should never have been discussed in a deal with the removal of a contractual Right. That is the real ethical concern

Contractual rights should NEVER fund discretionary awards.

You could have achieved a higher award with no loss of contractual rights.
There are staff concerned about the TB and the implication it may have on tax and tax credits.
So having sacrificing some of the TB down to 3 - 3.5% and putting it on the rate would/could have given you a 5 - 5.7% pay increase.

Distribution agreed 2% TB and 3.6% pay award. No loss of premiums for pre 99 staff.

The key thing is what we bargained with was not a contractual right, it was a discretionary award which at the time was very uncertain, yet it was excepted and we have still recieved similar if not better than what was achieved in previous years with a straight forward pay award and sis award. With NO contractual loss.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

spooner

Quote from: Hammer10 on 09-06-16, 04:21PM
I was told that meetings are to be held next week and to take arep in with you also they have advised we take in wage slips from jan2015 to Dec 2015 ,I get mine on line but it only goes back to June last year any ideas on how to get the rest off.
why on earth would we need to take our wage slips in ? Seems really odd and I doubt many people will have them ?

Rad

Because its expected that your payment will be less than you expect.  Ensure its recorded at your 121 that you dispute the payment.  Ask to see detailed workings if its less than you expect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk